Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Cotton Candidasis posted:

I had another package arrive, luckily(or not) while the inspector was out on his walk.

KoW Historicals rulebook!

Thank you Santa, you've been incredibly generous and gotten me great gifts!

Cool! I didn't realize they did historicals. What scale is that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

28mm, but I've heard that you can reduce the scale to either 10 or 15mm and it still works fine. But if those are the scales you're looking for, double-check to make sure I'm not just saying things I may have heard in an incredibly vivid dream instead of reality.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

turn it up TURN ME ON posted:

Cool! I didn't realize they did historicals. What scale is that?

28mm, but I've heard that you can reduce the scale to either 10 or 15mm and it still works fine. But if those are the scales you're looking for, double-check to make sure I'm not just saying things I may have heard in an incredibly vivid dream instead of reality.

You are correct - Kings of War is a 28mm game, but because units are defined by the area of a unit base, you can cover a regular sized base for the 28mm game in miniatures of 15mm, 10mm, even 6mm or 2mm scale and they still still function, because line of sight is entirely abstracted. The alternative is to scale the base sizes down to match the minis.

KoW historicals is its own standalone game, but at the same time the armies are 100% compatible with the original fantasy ones, so you can run a Roman Legion against Orcs jut for kicks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I had another package arrive, luckily(or not) while the inspector was out on his walk.

KoW Historicals rulebook!

Thank you Santa, you've been incredibly generous and gotten me great gifts!

Merry christmas, Cotton, your gifts were from me!

I originally ordered the Kings of War book back at the end of November, but Mantic was late in shipping it so I went ahead and Wanged you as well. :)

As far as I know, there's only the following gifts not yet accounted for:
-Safety Biscuits has a surprise coming for the main round.
-JackMann hasn't gotten his bonus round 2 gift yet. His Santa hasn't replied to email for a few days. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on degrinching only because the Santa did post saying a gift had been sent.
-AnAnonymousIdiot probably isn't available to count and open gifts from bonus rounds 1 and 2 that he should definitely have by now
-Bruxism in Africa still has gifts inbound, late per expectations.
-NTRabbit's bonus round 3 gift should arrive soon - there was an issue with it originally and this lateness isn't the Santa's fault.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Absolutely not anxious about anything.

Bleak Gremlin

Leperflesh posted:

I originally ordered the Kings of War book back at the end of November, but Mantic was late in shipping it so I went ahead and Wanged you as well. :)

-JackMann hasn't gotten his bonus round 2 gift yet. His Santa hasn't replied to email for a few days. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on degrinching only because the Santa did post saying a gift had been sent.
-AnAnonymousIdiot probably isn't available to count and open gifts from bonus rounds 1 and 2 that he should definitely have by now
-Bruxism in Africa still has gifts inbound, late per expectations.
-NTRabbit's bonus round 3 gift should arrive soon - there was an issue with it originally and this lateness isn't the Santa's fault.

Are you sure? Earlier in this page I posted 2 gifts I received!

Cotton Candidasis
Aug 28, 2008

Leperflesh posted:

Thank you! I guess Mantic's infamous shipping practices strike again.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Good news, I actually managed to finagle some stuff and here's some pictures of what my Santa has wrought:

Hmm, strange creatures and an iconic-yet-ominous disclaimer. This seems familiar, further investigation is warranted.

Bio Syntha Cyborg? The gently caress? Psielf? Mage Tiger? No, they didn't, they couldn't, nobody would be that crazy!

They did. Oh hell yes. :cawg:

Real talk, Christmas got real lovely real fast this week for reasons I don't wanna go into, and unwrapping my gift to reveal this little beauty of an acid trip got the first laugh out of me this week that wasn't faked for the sake of relatives. It took me completely by surprise in the best kind of way. I don't know if it was just a lucky guess or if you actually dug into my post history, but this is exactly the kind of :krad: poo poo I love reading, even (and in some ways, especially) if the mechanics make playing it kind of problematic. Ever since the RPGNet FATAL review brought it up, I've wondered what exactly a Midnight Sunstone Bazooka is, and now I can find out. Anyway, thanks a bunch, this is exactly the sort of thing I needed after this week, or even this year in general.

By the way, the stickers in the picture are just the ones I found, kinda hoping my Santa confirms/denies the existence of others before I start digging through the packing peanuts in the box, because I only barely got the book out without scattering them everywhere. But rest assured, I will find all the trippy monster stickers.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

EclecticTastes posted:

Good news, I actually managed to finagle some stuff and here's some pictures of what my Santa has wrought:

Hmm, strange creatures and an iconic-yet-ominous disclaimer. This seems familiar, further investigation is warranted.

Bio Syntha Cyborg? The gently caress? Psielf? Mage Tiger? No, they didn't, they couldn't, nobody would be that crazy!

They did. Oh hell yes. :cawg:

Real talk, Christmas got real lovely real fast this week for reasons I don't wanna go into, and unwrapping my gift to reveal this little beauty of an acid trip got the first laugh out of me this week that wasn't faked for the sake of relatives. It took me completely by surprise in the best kind of way. I don't know if it was just a lucky guess or if you actually dug into my post history, but this is exactly the kind of :krad: poo poo I love reading, even (and in some ways, especially) if the mechanics make playing it kind of problematic. Ever since the RPGNet FATAL review brought it up, I've wondered what exactly a Midnight Sunstone Bazooka is, and now I can find out. Anyway, thanks a bunch, this is exactly the sort of thing I needed after this week, or even this year in general.

By the way, the stickers in the picture are just the ones I found, kinda hoping my Santa confirms/denies the existence of others before I start digging through the packing peanuts in the box, because I only barely got the book out without scattering them everywhere. But rest assured, I will find all the trippy monster stickers.

Confirming only 2 trippy monster stickers. I thought they were very fitting to the setting.

Glad you enjoyed the gift! Your post is the second best thing to being there to hear you laugh. <3

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Finally posting my opened present! It was so hard to resist opening it before the 25th, but worth it.

Here, the canine present inspector is hard at work (if perhaps a tad overzealous) examining it:

And as you can see here, the reason for his caution is very obvious:

Thanks so much, Santa!

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

Leperflesh posted:

Due to a bizarre coincidence and some stupidity on my part, I can now confirm that not only has my present arrived, I also had it for over a week without realising. You see, I'm in not one but two Secret Santas - in fact, I'm also organising the Book Barn Secret Santa. This meant I knew who my Santa was. I got this parcel on the 17th and it was from my Book Barn Santa, so I posted in the thread to say that I'd got it and would open it on Christmas Day. Today is Christmas, so...

Looks cool! The label says "Open me 2nd" and the bottom parcel has one saying "Open me 1st", so I did.

Huh? Game on? Your TGSS? That's not TBB or TUIB...

What on Earth? These aren't books... I dropped the package and opened the other card and gift.

How's that for a coincidence? There I was gaily not reporting my gift as arriving when it was sitting in my room looking at me. Freak out indeed, Santa. Thank you for some chocolates (I love chocolates!) and a couple of good games. I'm particularly excited to try Avalon out because I've heard a lot about it but not tried it yet. Great choices! And the book looks awesome too.

As for how stupid this was on my part, there's a customs declaration saying that it includes games as well as a book, but I just assumed they were something small to go with the main present.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Safety Biscuits posted:

Freak out indeed, Santa.

It was me all along! :v:

Safety Biscuits
Oct 21, 2010

NTRabbit posted:

It was me all along! :v:

I was not joking about dropping the games package as soon as I opened it and going onto the other one. It really was a shock. And as I said in the Book Barn thread, Ardor looks super rad too.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Alright it's Christmas Time. Time to open all my gifts. I'm very sorry for this wait Santa.

All these gifts packages arrived at my doorstep. I'll be going through them one by one, starting with...

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/EFrHiLs.jpg][/timg]

This awesome chef hat! :)

The message said that there was a spice that was coming with it after searching around, I found it in that small white pouch.

[timg]http://imgur.com/Yumf0YG][/timg]

I'm so excited to try out some exotic cooking with this. Especially with another wonderful gift.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/kMeeeHg.jpg][/timg]

This is awesome! :dance:

Found these books in another box, and I'm compelled to read them. Especially the book with Einstein in it. I'm also going to enjoy the game that came with them.

[timg]http://imgur.com/HPuuMB5][/timg]

Went through another box and found some wonderful Matcha. Also, Glitch Mob!!

I think all that's left is the big one. Let's see what this is.

Wait a minute... I ordered this for a party last week... Nevermind...

Thanks a bundle for these gifts Santa. Merry Christmas, and a happy new year!!

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Dec 25, 2016

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Back at you. Hope you enjoy the album and the matcha!

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Alright it's Christmas Time. Time to open all my gifts. I'm very sorry for this wait Santa.

All these gifts packages arrived at my doorstep. I'll be going through them one by one, starting with...

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/EFrHiLs.jpg][/timg]

This awesome chef hat! :)

The message said that there was a spice that was coming with it after searching around, I found it in that small white pouch.

[timg]http://imgur.com/Yumf0YG][/timg]

I'm so excited to try out some exotic cooking with this. Especially with another wonderful gift.

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/kMeeeHg.jpg][/timg]

This is awesome! :dance:

Found these books in another box, and I'm compelled to read them. Especially the book with Einstein in it. I'm also going to enjoy the game that came with them.

[timg]http://imgur.com/HPuuMB5][/timg]

Went through another box and found some wonderful Matcha. Also, Glitch Mob!!

I think all that's left is the big one. Let's see what this is.

Wait a minute... I ordered this for a party last week... Nevermind...

Yay! Glad the rest of the cooking stuff arrived. We've enjoyed many recipes from that book.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Bruxism posted:

Are you sure? Earlier in this page I posted 2 gifts I received!

Yeah I think you still have one or two packages on their way! Keep an eye on the post.

AnAnonymousIdiot posted:

Yay!

Will AnAnonymousIdiot's Santas take credit where due? I see Bruxism's confirmed his part of this pile, I just want to make sure all three Santas' stuff is in the mix. Post or gmail, either is fine.

We're still waiting on a gift for JackMann for bonus round 2, a gift for NTRabbit for bonus round 3 (that one is known to have been belated due to a shipping problem), and then a few of you have received one out of two expected Things so those completion-gifts should show up soon.

If anyone knows they've shipped something that has not been confirmed as received, but you think it should have been by now, please ping me again via email. I'm very hopeful we'll be fully wrapped up before the end of the year!

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Leperflesh posted:

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Yeah I think you still have one or two packages on their way! Keep an eye on the post.

Merry Christmas!

What? Awesome, ill keep an eye on the mailroom.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Leperflesh posted:

Will AnAnonymousIdiot's Santas take credit where due? I see Bruxism's confirmed his part of this pile, I just want to make sure all three Santas' stuff is in the mix. Post or gmail, either is fine.

As I indicated, I'm responsible for the tea and Glitch Mob album.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK. I've been dreading making this post, but here we go.

So, JackMann's Bonus Round 2 Santa was... NovaLion. And this has happened before. Per my notes:

In 2013, NovaLion was in Japan, went on duty, didn't respond to emails for weeks, got back and made excuses, claimed to send things but then became incommunicado. We de-grinched his santee, and then in march his gifts finally showed up. After that, NovaLion was put on the Grinch List.

In 2014, NovaLion popped up and asked for forgiveness. He agreed to make amends in the standard way - public apology and a donation.

NovaLion made a public apology and a $50 donation to the USO. I told him he'd be invited to participate again next year.

In 2015, NovaLion was a Good Santa. He participated in the main round, and successfully sent a gift to his Santee, grassy gnoll.

Now, in 2016, NovaLion missed the main round, but jumped in for Bonus Round 2. These are the most recent posts we have from him, both in this thread and on Something Awful:

NovaLion posted:

Gifts are en route!

NovaLion posted:

My gift arrived today! Or a couple days ago, I never can tell with mail here. I'll grab some pictures of it in a few. Thanks a ton, Secret Santa!

So he posted having sent "gifts" on December 7th. By what method exactly, I don't know. He's no longer overseas - or at least, the receiving address he gave is in the US. That ought to have been a very reasonable date on which to send a bonus round gift for arrival by the 19th.

But as far as I can tell, it didn't get there. And NovaLion has not replied to repeated emails: first one sent December 21st, second one sent December 26th. Without any info from him, we can't know if the gifts he sent had a problem in shipping, or what. And, I'm sorry, but by the rules that's grinching too. I believe I make it clear that your responsibility does not end with putting something into the mail.

quote:

If you purchase a gift online, please confirm with the retailer that the item is actually in stock. Check and make sure it's shipped. Get a tracking number and check it every day. You can send me your tracking number if you want, but it's up to you to monitor it and see that your gift got delivered. I can't monitor 100 tracking numbers. Let me know right away if there's a problem or delay.

So now here we are again. With no way of knowing if a gift is going to arrive tomorrow, or next week, or March, or maybe just never... we need to de-grinch JackMann.

So, would anyone like to de-grinch this fine goon? He was very generous and a good Santa, participating in the main round as well as two bonus rounds. JackMann is in the USA. Please email tgsecretsanta@gmail.com right away if you can generously de-grinch JackMann.

And NovaLion, if this was the first time this had happened, I'd be inclined to assume you thought you had done what you needed to, and maybe you're not able to check email during this week or whatever, and it's all just an unfortunate accident. Which may well still be the case. But you going incommunicado after supposedly getting gifts sent but not ensuring they were actually delivered is exactly what happened in 2013, and I'm not willing to just dither around waiting to see if you show up quickly this time or not. That's not fair to your Santa and it's not fair to me. I believe your heart is in the right place and you're a genuinely good person, but your follow-through is inadequate so we're done here. You can't do TGSS any more. An apology would be a fine thing to do, but I cannot in good conscience assign another goon to you in a future TGSS and just hope that this doesn't happen again.

Dulkor
Feb 28, 2009

In less grinchy news, apparently my Santa wasn't actually done with me as this was on my porch when I woke up this afternoon.

Sorry to hear your own Christmas didn't go so great, moths. Thank you very much for your gifts and hopefully this next year goes a bit better. My wife and I already made a movie night of Vampire Hunters with our roomies and it has become a house classic.

(It also amused me more than it should have that your note came on paper that matched my kitchen counter)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

A de-grincher volunteer has volunteered, and de-grinching procedures are now in full swing!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Glad to hear it, though sad to hear we need a de-grincher at all.

Thank you for running this shindig again Leperflesh!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Hey, you guys are welcome. This has been a tremendously lovely December for me, but there have been some bright spots, and this one is a pretty solid bright spot.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Thanks so much for running this, Leperflesh. I love reading the thread and seeing crazy gift reveals almost as much as I love the actual exchanging.

Bonus thanks to the degrincher helping out JackMann. Whoever you are, you're cool.

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Sucks about the grinch, BUT...I got another package today!

The gift tag simply said "May your infestation grow." Indeed!

Awesome! Have never heard of this game, but it looks right up my alley. Also love "travel sized" games because we are always looking for something compact to take on the road with us. We travel a lot.

After dinner I went on to lose my first (and second!) game.

According to Jolly St. Leperflesh I should be receiving one last package. Already feel like I have received so much. Sorry my mail is so slow, but it's kind of fun receiving things even after xmas. Thanks Santas!

UPDATE! on 12/29/2016 I received another package containing this mysterious item:

I'm not positive it came from a secret santa, but I can't think of who else might have sent it. Game component? Good luck charm? Mysterious hidden message? All of the above! Thanks!

Bruxism fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Dec 29, 2016

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Secure. Contain. Protect.
Fallen Rib

Bruxism posted:

Christmas miracle!! I managed to make it home in time for Christmas and two packages arrived today!

Never heard of the pugilism game, but it sounds great! The wrapped gift tag indicates it's some wangs so I'm going to leave it wrapped until xmas morning. Thanks Secret Santa's and my apologies for the mail taking so long.

Bruxism posted:

Sucks about the grinch, BUT...I got another package today!

The gift tag simply said "May your infestation grow." Indeed!

Awesome! Have never heard of this game, but it looks right up my alley. Also love "travel sized" games because we are always looking for something compact to take on the road with us. We travel a lot.

After dinner I went on to lose my first (and second!) game.

Glad you liked your gifting. I got you the X-Wing models and Hive as part of Round 2. I figured something travel size would be nice, having lived overseas before, and it came up a couple of times when I looked up two-player tabletop games.

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

One of the Two gifts ordered is shown as delivered.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Happy new year, everyone! I hope this year is much better than last year.

There's just a couple of completion gifts still being tracked. A de-grinch gift was shipped for JackMann as of yesterday; there are a couple of second-gifts-of-two still to arrive/be delivered/acknowledged... but as far as I know, that's it.

If you didn't get a present please post. If you sent a present and it doesn't appear to have arrived yet, please post. Exceptions: the de-grincher for JackMann, a gift we now know a shipper screwed up that was for unzealous, a completion gift still on its way to Bruxism in africa.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Dulkor posted:

Thank you very much for your gifts and hopefully this next year goes a bit better. My wife and I already made a movie night of Vampire Hunters with our roomies and it has become a house classic.

I'm glad everything made it and was well-received! Vampire Hunters is one of my favorites, and I'm glad it's found a wider audience!

...And sorry this post is long-overdue, but real life got real weird real quick but - wait what's this?

I don't know either, better bring in the bomb-sniffing cat...

It's a set of Vallejo washes and TWO GODDAMN WINDSOR NEWTON SERIES 7S!

This was an anchor of sunshine in a turbulent time, and I can say with almost certainly that it's appreciated it more than my Santa will ever know. Thank you so much! Your generosity to a forums stranger was a beautiful thing, and I can't wait to get back into the Oath thread and make some miniatures sing.

moths fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Jan 6, 2017

comrade corcus
Apr 23, 2013

moths posted:

I'm glad everything made it and was well-received! Vampire Hunters is one of my favorites, and I'm glad it's found a wider audience!

...And sorry this post is long-overdue, but real life got real weird real quick but - wait what's this?

I don't know either, better bring in the bomb-sniffing cat...

It's a set of Vallejo washes and TWO GODDAMN WINDSOR NEWTON SERIES 7S!

This was an anchor of sunshine in a turbulent time, and I can say with almost certainly that it's appreciated it more than my Santa will ever know. Thank you so much! Your generosity to a forums stranger was a beautiful thing, and I can't wait to get back into the Oath thread and make some miniatures sing.

You are very welcome my friend! I hope that they make your mans beautiful!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Got this last week in the middle of NYE drinking prep, keep forgetting to post it

Inspection dog gave it the once over

I'm not really into 40k space wolves, but I guess

Oh, it's the poetry book I wanted, thanks :buddy:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Got this last week in the middle of NYE drinking prep, keep forgetting to post it

Inspection dog gave it the once over

I'm not really into 40k space wolves, but I guess

Oh, it's the poetry book I wanted, thanks :buddy:

There's more coming, but it's third party so it'll be super late because they're dumb.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
Gift arrived today from the frozen North. I'm at work now, so I'll have to wait until tonight or tomorrow to get pictures, but I wanted to make sure ya'll know I have been fully degrinched.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OH thank god, finally!

OK I think this is nearly the last thing. If anyone sent a gift and it hasn't been received, you gotta get ahold of me, OK? If anyone doesn't think they got 100% of their gifts, also get ahold of me!

The one last thing remaining is, I believe, one more partial gift to arrive in Africa.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

I still have one more thing coming too

Bruxism
Apr 29, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Leperflesh posted:

The one last thing remaining is, I believe, one more partial gift to arrive in Africa.

I check the mail room every day anxious to close this loop, but alas, nothing yet.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

I still have one more thing coming too

Ah yeah, you're right, I have you down as received 1 of 2 from bonus round 3! I hope that arrives soon.

Bruxism posted:

I check the mail room every day anxious to close this loop, but alas, nothing yet.

I'm not 100% certain. Sometimes I have to interpret when someone says they sent two things, if that means two in the same box, or two separate shipments. So i generally make a note like "received 1 of 2" but then I'm not always sure later if that note was certain, or just a best-guess.

JackMann
Aug 11, 2010

Fallen Rib
I won't post the box, because it has address stuff on it, but it had "Happy Goony X-Mas you Goony Goon Goon" written on it, which is in the top ten best things I've had written on a box from Canada.

The box had to be inspected by the Night Shift Postal Inspector first, of course. She told me it was all okay.

A classic Ral Partha set! I absolutely love Julie Guthrie. She's one of my favorite sculptors. I've gotten to meet her a couple of times at ReaperCon.

Coup! Not a game I've played, but I've heard good things. In this very thread, in fact. I'll have to get some buddies together and try it out.

Thanks, Santa! I appreciate you guys looking out for me. And Leperflesh, thanks for putting this all together.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Pretty sure this was from here, since I don't remember ordering it

thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

NTRabbit posted:

Pretty sure this was from here, since I don't remember ordering it