Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kim jong-illin
May 2, 2011
This was a great Secret Santa and I'd definitely be up for participating again at the end of this year. It looks like everyone got their SS's gift and no-one got left out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Mine is at the post office and I probably won't be home until the 10th. Until then I am just going to assume its not a dreamcast full of worms.

This was an awesome idea, thanks for organising it. I'd definitely participate next year.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
It's blister beetle grubs actually but good guess!

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Pixelante posted:

The weird Canadian candy is so common here that people don't believe me when I say Americans don't get it--Aero, Caramilk, Smarties, and Coffee Crisps; you dudes are missing out the classics. You can also thank Teach for the Hero--he sent me a box he found in motherfucking Qatar. Will be reporting back on those with pics if I survive blizzard season and make it home.

Fun tip with the Pilot Parallel--those cartridges also work in just about all the other Pilot pens!

WTF, I know they don't get coffee crisps, and I know american Smarties are actually Rockets, and I know aerated chocolate isn't nearly as much of a thing in the States, but no Caramilk? What are they feeding you people, America? :ohdear:

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

kim jong-illin posted:

This was a great Secret Santa and I'd definitely be up for participating again at the end of this year. It looks like everyone got their SS's gift and no-one got left out?

I haven't heard any complaints, but I wouldn't panic yet if anything is still in the post. Anyone waiting with no word from their Santa?

We had 19 players this year, including the UK, Australia, Canada, and the US. Weirdly, mostly dudes.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I haven't heard anything from my santa or received anything yet, but USPS doesn't have the strongest track record so I'm not too worried.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Pixelante posted:

I haven't heard any complaints, but I wouldn't panic yet if anything is still in the post. Anyone waiting with no word from their Santa?

We had 19 players this year, including the UK, Australia, Canada, and the US. Weirdly, mostly dudes.

This is something I wondered about, because the FP thread seems pretty lady-dominated. Maybe the guys are just more comfortable giving a stranger their address?

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

You people will by God act like a team, or at least like people who know each other, or I'll incinerate the bunch of you here and now.

Heath posted:

This is something I wondered about, because the FP thread seems pretty lady-dominated. Maybe the guys are just more comfortable giving a stranger their address?

I've probably done a cumulative 20 secret santa exchanges on the forum and almost always had female santees and santas regardless of subforum, going back to 2006. If you skim the GBS SASS letters to Santa it's usually a ladyfest. I did wonder if the urge to accumulate gadgetry/inks relating to pens slants towards men, though. Maybe next year will be different!

Also lol there are almost half a dozen goons who have keys to my apartment. :shrug:

e: I'll run this next year, unless my poor survival instincts get me murderfied.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I had intended to send you a letter but I think I threw out the box with your return address on it, so hit me with a PM if you want one. I want to try out the Rouge Hematite.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Finally back home and managed to pick up my gift before it was returned to sender! I am the proud new owner of a bottle of American Aristocracy and a refill for my Traveller's notebook. I am loving the ink, it's something I'd never buy for myself but I really like it now that I have used it.

Thanks Santa PlaneGuy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pixelante
Mar 16, 2006

Maybe next year, we can add the task of hand-writing a New Years message to your Santa after you get your package? A chance to play with new ink, say thank you, and start the year off with some writing.

• Locked thread