Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
What happens now, realistically? What sort of damage is getting done? Is there any conceivable remedy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.
Probably an exact repeat of 2001-2009.

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

Whiskey Sours posted:

Gentlemen, we are going to Invade Iraq Again

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Cucks will be outlawed.
SJW deportations begin tomorrow.
Milo is nominated as the Secretary of Gamergate.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Whiskey Sours posted:

Isn't that realistically a best case scenario?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Whiskey Sours posted:

What realistically prevents Trump from making nuclear missiles fly into our country? And why wouldn't he do what he said he'd do?

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Whiskey Sours posted:

We'll be nostalgic for those halcyon days of something resembling competence at any point. Trump will be the worst thing possible to hit the nation and our racist white people will be ecstatic for it.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Why is everyone so sure that Trump would/will nominate some arch conservatives to the supreme court? I don't think he cares much one way or another about the republican party platform. Really, he could nominate drat near anyone for the supreme court.

Yawgmoft
Nov 15, 2004
Oh man we were so close to a good Supreme Court. At what point can we get back to 2016 levels of equality? 2040?

Orange Sunshine posted:

Why is everyone so sure that Trump would/will nominate some arch conservatives to the supreme court? I don't think he cares much one way or another about the republican party platform. Really, he could nominate drat near anyone for the supreme court.

Because his running mate is Pence.

Jombo
Feb 20, 2009

Orange Sunshine posted:

Something like the bachelor but with supreme court justice potentials seems right

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Lemming posted:

What happens now, realistically? What sort of damage is getting done? Is there any conceivable remedy?

It's going to be Dubya on industrial-grade steroids

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Yawgmoft posted:

From what I've read, there's no room at the top for anyone but Trump himself. He'll have Pence out shining his shoes and fetching lunch.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Oooooooo I hope autism won't be treated too poorly under Trump and Pence!

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
That's odd - wasn't Hillary promising a lot of money and support for downticket races?

Blockade
Oct 22, 2008

Im going to the middle of nowhere Texas as a government representative with a couple coworkers (all minorities) for work. How dead am I?

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Orange Sunshine posted:

Why is everyone so sure that Trump would/will nominate some arch conservatives to the supreme court?

He's posted his list. Repeatedly. The list is pretty much the same as the Heritage Foundation wish list.

zeroprime
Mar 25, 2006

Words go here.

Fun Shoe
Well, let's just look at Kansas to see what happens: Oh, we're hosed

Captian Nuke
Aug 5, 2012
Well probably the best case scenario is that hes just a rubber stamp for the republicans in congress which means we can look forward to just about every bad idea they've ever had getting rushed through, so probably Kansas with a side of repealing the new deal.

On the other hand if he actually decides to try his hand at governing and is able to dominate the "normal" republicans like he did with Christie things could get very weird/insane and we could see the emergence of a sort of american Putin style government with trump holding all the real power personally while the rest of government acts as his hangers on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Yawgmoft posted:

The first thing Trump has said he will do is implement term limits for congress, that is a direct slap (actually more like a bat) to the head of the Republican Party and Pence would otherwise have never, in his life, come up with such a thing, let alone support it, without Trump.

• Locked thread