Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Alaois posted:

Hey who all else is looking forward to the Celebration Bowl, which is looking to be Grambling St. vs NCA&T?

...anybody?

They're good teams!

I'm down for watching the halftime show at the least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

I'm down for watching the halftime show at the least.

Tarik Cohen is gonna be the "wait, who is that and why does he have a 200 yard game?" guy in a few years in the NFL

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

I like this Arizona kicker. He's missed 4 field goal attempts so far. Keep it up :). Looks like Arizona is kind of outplaying Colorado, which is kind of disturbing but on this Upset Saturday, I'll be relieved to just avoid Colorado joining that upset list

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

DrunkPanda posted:

I like this Arizona kicker. He's missed 4 field goal attempts so far. Keep it up :). Looks like Arizona is kind of outplaying Colorado, which is kind of disturbing but on this Upset Saturday, I'll be relieved to just avoid Colorado joining that upset list

4 in one game?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

milk milk lemonade posted:

Bama
OSU
Louisville
Penn State or Wisconsin

they do have a better quality loss

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Drunk Nerds posted:

4 in one game?

I can believe it. Mizzou's kicker missed 2 PATs and a FG, and he might have missed more cause I missed 30min or so of the game.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Btw I was literally a (backup) (division III) college longsnapper and I had no idea "roughing the center" was a penalty until today

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

Btw I was literally a (backup) (division III) college longsnapper and I had no idea "roughing the center" was a penalty until today

I thought it was just called something else? Isn't it where you plow through the guy while his head is still down and don't give him a chance to defend himself?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Scarf posted:

I thought it was just called something else? Isn't it where you plow through the guy while his head is still down and don't give him a chance to defend himself?

You have to give him a second to release I guess but I had legit never seen it called

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

RIP Account posted:

So the top 4 has to be bama, Clemson, Ohio St, and Mich or Louisville right? So nothing mattered this week, lmao

Everybody that lost today pretty much still controls their own destiny

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

MourningView posted:

You have to give him a second to release I guess but I had legit never seen it called

Yeah, I think the defender has to just anticipate and time the snap perfectly for that to happen.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Scarf posted:

Yeah, I think the defender has to just anticipate and time the snap perfectly for that to happen.

It's like the football equivalent of falling through the map

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Scarf posted:

Or two defenders plow through the A gaps before the longsnapper can get his head up.

Also this is a fairly recent rule. It may not have been around when Morningview played. Like, super recent.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
they keep putting jalen hurts in heisman watch lists lol

i think if we win another natl championship and our freshman qb wins the heisman someone is going to assassinate nick saban

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Cal's defense is literally non-existent

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Cougs bitch

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Scionix posted:

they keep putting jalen hurts in heisman watch lists lol

i think if we win another natl championship and our freshman qb wins the heisman someone is going to assassinate nick saban

i like jalen hurts but lol he is not heisman quality yet

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Alaois posted:

i like jalen hurts but lol he is not heisman quality yet

give the heisman to the whole defense

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lmao if you don't think Lamar Jackson hasn't locked that fucker up yet

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Raku posted:

give the heisman to the whole defense

Hell, give them the Bednarik, the Lombardi, the Biletnikoff, the Heisman, and whatever you get for winning the AFC South

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Korranus posted:

Hell, give them the Bednarik, the Lombardi, the Biletnikoff, the Heisman, and whatever you get for winning the AFC South

A trip to the NFL playoffs and a banner to hang in your stadium?

I mean it's not like they couldn't win that division anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Raku posted:

A trip to the NFL playoffs and a banner to hang in your stadium?

I mean it's not like they couldn't win that division anyway

Bama's offense couldn't hang with the defenses, which makes them even more perfect for the AFC South

• Locked thread