Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

My wife and I are planning to relocate to the USVI for work (my work-- she wants to look for a job there) early next year. We've been looking at jobs, housing, shipping the car, etc. I was hoping for some insight on what to expect.
1) There might be an issue with getting the car there. I understand it's not really a place to be carless, but if you had to be there without a car, are there places to live where you can rely on the safari rides/walking?
2) What's the job market look like? We'd like to go back to being a two-income home as soon as possible. Are there white-collar jobs available? She's not above waiting tables or tending bar, but she has no expertise there either.
3) To what extent are Craigslist housing offers scams? I hear a lot not to bother because they're scams, but I'm not sure. Some obviously set off my spider-sense-- I've had people try to scam me before, and I have gotten pretty good at recognizing it-- but many seem very legitimate.
4) What questions am I not asking? What should I be worried about that I wouldn't expect? We know about "island time," we know about how sometimes being cooped up on a rock makes you stir crazy, and we're prepared for those things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calypso
Sep 28, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I go to St. Croix quite often. Here's a place I read that keeps me up to date with stuff, and should be able to answer your questions. http://www.vimovingcenter.com/

• Locked thread