Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Lutha Mahtin posted:

Hey y'all. I know that my posting in this thread and the previous one was, and is, very bad. But if any of you die-hard Prince nuts enjoy trivia and can look past my terrible posting, please come join the ~~goon team~~ that has played for several years now in the insane trivia contest broadcast from Stevens Point, Wisconsin (thread). As you can see by the logo and theme, this year has quite a high chance of including questions about The Purple One, perhaps especially because the first day of the contest (April 21) falls on the one-year anniversary of his passing. The contest goes all weekend, but even if you can only pop in for a few minutes here or there all of us will appreciate it. And aside from possible Prince questions, there are also a ton of questions every year about popular music. It's a lot of fun, come join us!

The questions actually start a few days before the contest, so now is a great time to get set up on IRC to join us. We will get the first questions at some time on Monday, April 17th, and these early questions consist of a pamphlet that will have around 20-30 mystery pictures in it. There is a good chance that some of these will be music related so you (yes, you!) have a good chance of getting goons some sweet, sweet points, and consequently it may be those points that put us ahead of several turbonerd teams who have been playing in this contest for decades. These nerds have entire garages and basements full of candy wrappers and ancient magazines because they think it will score them a cheap trophy in the contest, and our team loves nothing more than ruining the bragging rights of some poor geek in rural Wisconsin who has been dutifully cataloging boxes of Special K for his entire adult life.

P.S. I will make one final note here about our team name. It's very stupid. The story goes that, in the first year goons played, some of them thought it would be funny to name their team something to try and gross out small-town Wisconsinites. The idea is that people would hear our team name, not know what it was, and Google it, thus being surprised by gross things on the Internet. So, they named themselves "Trivial Fursuit". Classy, right? Well, it became one of those jokes that went on for too long, and now I guess we are stuck with it. We aren't like, actually furries though, dear God no :gonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread