Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cy Drunkip
Jan 23, 2015

TY for no bm
Anyone want to brainstorm some thanksgiving app ideas?

I was thinking about making an app where people could list all of the leftovers they have, then go through a list of homeless people who might be interested in them and swipe them left or right like tinder depending on whether or not you think they're worthy of a decent meal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

thanksgiving was on october 10th, op

fack you
Sep 12, 2002

For Life
sa forums, but erlang.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Cy Drunkip posted:

I was thinking about making an app where people could list all of the leftovers they have, then go through a list of homeless people who might be interested in them and swipe them left or right like tinder depending on whether or not you think they're worthy of a decent meal.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cy Drunkip posted:

leftovr

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I'm going to be coding a secret cry for help by stuffing my face until I am curled on the floor in pain.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
code:
#include <stdio.h>
#include <assert.h>

int has_a_family;

void drink_too_much_all_the_time(){
	has_a_family = 0;
}

int main(){
	has_a_family = 1;
	drink_too_much_all_the_time();
	assert(has_a_family);
	printf("Happy Thanksgiving!\nI'm grateful for all the good things in my life.");
	return 0;
}

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Cy Drunkip posted:

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

i am coding on thanksgiving. thiving.

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

yeah ill be coding

coding some turkey and stuffing into poop! lol!

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

yeah ill be coding

coding some turkey and stuffing into poop! lol!

upon reflection i should have went with compiling instead of coding here.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
codeing

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
It's going to be a quiet day today for me since all the Americans will be off and most of them will be off tomorrow too, loving A

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

quote:

Menaker described the generic [yosposter] as a “failson”—which Biederman, who is twenty-six, defined as the guy that “goes downstairs at Thanksgiving, briefly mumbles, ‘Hi,’ everyone asks him how community college is going, he mumbles something about a 2.0 average, goes back upstairs with a loaf of bread and some peanut butter, and gets back to [coding].”

champagne posting
Apr 5, 2006

YOU ARE A BRAIN
IN A BUNKER

OldAlias posted:

thanksgiving was never

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

choding

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm going to code a pumpkin pie

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
I'm not sure when thanksgiving is but if it's a week day I'll probably be coding but only between 9am and 5pm

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I'm off work today :guinness:

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Cy Drunkip posted:

we'll call it white people simulator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!
I've got an idea for a game: you return to the country for Thanksgiving and but there's 3 separate ones on the same day cause your Family wont talk to each other. you have to avoid triggers while eating just enough to look like you enjoyed the meal while leaving enough room for the next meal

you can buy powerups like a flask of writers tears or a weed vape in the bathroom

• Locked thread