Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

a new study bible! posted:

Lions, Jags, Rams, and Browns should all collude and send their good players to one team. Then every year they could rotate and trade them all to the next one in line.

That could be fun, the all terrible team.

Offense:

QB: Matt Stafford
QB2: Blake Bortles

RB1: Isaiah Crowell
RB2: Duke Johnson JR

WR1: Golden Tate
WR2: Marvin Jones
WR3: Terell Pryor
WR4: Kenny Britt
WR5: Allen Robinson

TE1: Eric Ebron
TE2: Gary Barnidge

LT: Joe Thomas

yeah I'm gonna need some more input from those teams fans for the rest of the O-Line. But it looks like outside of Left Tackle the line should be some mix of Lions/Jags

Defense:

CB1: Joe Haden
CB2:
CB Nickell:
FS:
SS:

And should we do a 4:3 or 3:4?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Lions, Jags, Rams, and Browns should all collude and send their good players to one team. Then every year they could rotate and trade them all to the next one in line.

gently caress the Rams they've won a SB in my lifetime.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

The Lions were a good team for one game ---- the Saints game. But everyone got injured in that game, then Stafford broke his finger against the Bears, so they had no chance of staying good. Alas.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I know non-Lions fans are sick of us bellyaching about the refs, but, seriously, this is like, every year for them.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

i've been saying this about the bears, lions, and vikings combining to somehow prevent the loving packers winning the north every goddamn year forever

e: the bears bravely send along their one NFL player

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

R.D. Mangles posted:

i've been saying this about the bears, lions, and vikings combining to somehow prevent the loving packers winning the north every goddamn year forever

e: the bears bravely send along their one NFL player

Stafford throwing to Alshon Jeffery? Yes please. Two scoops.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

VJeff posted:

I know non-Lions fans are sick of us bellyaching about the refs, but, seriously, this is like, every year for them.

I forgot who posted it (I think it was Browns fan) but years ago someone said "every season reminds me that life is not fair, the cloud man doesn't exist, and you and I are irrelevant specks of carbon on a larger irrelevant speck of carbon, hurtling around a long-term nuclear explosion".

hosed up but true.

Styles Bitchley
Nov 13, 2004

FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN FOR THE WIN
The officiating has been especially terrible this year. Not just for the Lions, but as has been reported we have gotten our usual share and it seems some "premier" teams or players manage to get a pass. That no call PI on Sherman in the Atlanta-Seattle game is a good example. Also if Aaron Rodgers or Brady had been picked up and dropped like Stafford was at the end of the game what would have happened? We all know. I just want a clean, fair game, and for us to lose solely by our own incompetence. When you are scratching and clawing for every win, it matters.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Two of the greatest players of all time, decades apart, looked at the futility surrounding them, wondered what they were doing with their lives, and quit early

ragle
Nov 1, 2009
Quinn's draft picks (2016) have been pretty good. If he can find a quality linebacker and #2 corner in the next draft, that'd go a long way to the Lions being legitimately good. They probably also need a LDE to replace Taylor and either OG or OT to replace one of Warford/Rieff probably leaving in FA, but most of the team's good players are under contract.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Who are the Lions looking at losing to free agency over the offseason? I know Stafford's contract is up the year after so I guess is the last time we can enjoy actually having cap space.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Lions will pick #21.

MikeCrotch posted:

Who are the Lions looking at losing to free agency over the offseason? I know Stafford's contract is up the year after so I guess is the last time we can enjoy actually having cap space.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/detroit-lions/

Boldin, Reiff, Bush and Warford are the ones that jump out at you.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
And this is how I found out that we are paying Dan Orlovsky more than Larry Warford

What a time to be alive

(rookie contracts and all, I know)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Except when they gently caress up and trade them to the Pats for a literal handful of magic beans.

NOTE - said beans were not actually magical.

• Locked thread