Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Glad he's okay, Rhyno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Lilah (formerly Matthew) Sturges came out as trans today. I'm happy for this if for no other reason she's most known for working with noted rear end in a top hat Bill Willingham.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanks guys. I'm off to punch his primary physician in the face for freaking me out so bad!

In other news, I sold a comic on ebay and the buyer signed for the package and then tried to file a claim that he didn't receive it. People are dumb.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home
Dads not having cancer is good.

Stupid customers are bad.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I got a PS4 Pro for Christmas. I'm really thrilled. I get to play a lot of great games I thought I'd never get the chance to, except for Vanquish. I'll never play Vanquish and that makes me a depressed motherfucker.

But Doom? Doom is allllllll mine.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Was so close to grabbing DOOM in the steam sale, but I got Stardew Valley and I'm going to be playing that easily until the next steam sale, so I'll live.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I received a new piece meal gaming computer and the motherboard that was ordered came bricked. I have to wait two more weeks to enjoy Christmas.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doom is soooooooooo good.

I only got a few things, but one was a PG Gundam model kit my brother surprised me with, so once that gets here (I had to ship it to myself since there was no space in my suitcase), I'm gonna build that. Mostly just had a nice week with my family away from the cold.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Doom is my favorite game that came out this year.

Only thing I'll be picking up off the sale is Danganronpa 2, since I just finished the first one and I really want more.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I paid full price for Doom. I regret NOTHING.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Ya shoulda got a Wii U to play the actual game of 2016, Tokyo Mirage Session #FE :cool:

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

My Wii U has collected dust since I finished Bayonetta 2

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Teenage Fansub posted:

Ya shoulda got a Wii U to play the actual game of 2016, Tokyo Mirage Session #FE :cool:

God I wanted the Wii U to work out. As soon as I heard "Star Fox by Platinum Studios" I nearly cried. When I heard how bad Star Fox Zero is, I cried. :sigh:

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
I'm gonna let you in on a secret: Platinum is now bizarro-Treasure and their licensed stuff is massively trash. Never buy it day one, let some other sucker eat the bullet and see if it's worth a drat.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Have you tried the Nier Automata demo on PS4? Platinum are the devs on that.

END ME SCOOB posted:

I'm gonna let you in on a secret: Platinum is now bizarro-Treasure and their licensed stuff is massively trash. Never buy it day one, let some other sucker eat the bullet and see if it's worth a drat.

The Transformers game is at least as good as McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure!

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Dec 30, 2016

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

END ME SCOOB posted:

But Transformers Devastation and more importantly, Revengence! This was before Zero and TMNT sort of destroyed my faith in them delivering a consistent product. No longer could I look upon Platinum as the shining seal of a good game, like I had Bioware before Dragon Age 2.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Have you tried the Nier Automata demo on PS4? Platinum are the devs on that.

Goddamn it, I'm hype as hell for Automata and I didn't know that. Now I'm even more confused! How can I be loyal to a brand when they keep being this...random with their quality!?

I'm giving Suda51 another chance with Let It Die after I really loving hated Killer Is Dead.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

It's a good thing for Nier. It plays great.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Teenage Fansub posted:

The Transformers game is pretty good!

Literally the reason I changed "all" to "massively".

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I caved in and got Rocksmith 2014 and like $50 worth of DLC, so that was my Christmas present. Got it on Tuesday, already have 10 hours played. My hands are killing me.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Stardew valley is a good game. 🐷🐮🐔🌽

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I can't believe this exists.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Generation_X_(film)

https://youtu.be/z2woRmWMhm0

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Dec 31, 2016

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Don't forget https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_X_(TV_series) as well

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

site posted:

Don't forget https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutant_X_(TV_series) as well

I watched like 5 minutes of this show before going "Ohhhhh, it's one of THESE adaptations." and throwing it in my brain garbage.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Mutant X the TV show was a poorly disguised ploy by Marvel to try and do an X-Men show without Fox. They got sued, I believe.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Directed by the guy who did Nightmare on Elm Street 2 :cool:
Was there any curiously gay subtext?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cviJlT5GCQ

edit: Oh, and happy new year 12 NZ minutes from now, chat thread :)

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Dec 31, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Mutant X the TV show was a poorly disguised ploy by Marvel to try and do an X-Men show without Fox. They got sued, I believe.

The lawsuit was hilarious and involved Marvel having to sue themselves.

• Locked thread