Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
emocrat
Feb 28, 2007
Sidewalk Technology
Problem description: I am using some older hardware to make a small desktop workstation. Sandy Bridge i5 2500, H67 mobo (link below), no video card, onboard graphics only. This is a clean install, done just an hour ago. I reformatted a small SSD I had and installed win 10 home 64 off a USB drive. The computer was connected to the monitor via hdmi, Everything installed fine. Worked fine. After the install windows booted normally, then the screen went blank, and showed no signal. I believe it was right after windows installed the intel graphics driver. After some messing around, I find the following:

Graphics output works fine for bios, windows load, safe mode. When windows actually loads, I lose signal in both HDMI and DVI. However D-sub still works. When using D sub, everything is completely normal. It is full resolution, I can watch video etc. The display adapter shows it is functioning fine.

Attempted fixes: I have updated windows. I have tested multiple[le screens and cables and confirmed 100% that they are not at fault. I have updated to the most recent intel display driver. I removed that, and installed the one appropriate to the generation of hardware. No changes in behavior. I have looked through the bios and looked at graphics settings, they all seem correct. I looked for a Biostar specific driver for this mobo, but they do not seem to have one available, only audio lan etc, which are not issues.

I also know, that literally a day ago, this motherboard was working fine, with onboard only graphics, with a sandy bridge i3. I swapped the i3 for an i5, and added some RAM and did the clean install.

Recent changes: See above
--

Operating system: Win 10 Home 64 bit, clean install

System specs: Older hardware. i5-2500 8G Ram, Biostar H67 mobo http://www.biostar-usa.com/app/en-us/mb/introduction.php?S_ID=528

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Make sure you're on the latest motherboard BIOS if you haven't already.

• Locked thread