Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

I found a loose Pork Chopper in a chest while running 21-23, does the blueprint drop on these floors? I also still need the Iron blueprint.
I believe it does (21-29). You can probably find it in the (guaranteed) shops, hopefully not the 27F one.

The Iron BP drops on the first set of floors, upgrading it takes a long time but is really worth it. Pork Chopper is useful from the get-go but Iron is the priority for its armor-shredding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Research says otherwise re: Pork Chopper, but that's fine. My current plan is too push the WoT KAMAS up as far up as I can. When I used it on GOTO it didn't deal a lot of damage, but I was still able to get him to 1/4 health with just three of them before the body slam did me in. Jumping to the next tier practically doubles the damage. I might level a shooter up solely for this battle as well. Between those two damage boosts and some more fight optimization (my only attempt was completely blind), I should be solid.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

poo poo, I remember deleting this game after losing interest and HDD space. Is it better now? Last I remember, I was on 11-20.

And I was on the free trial of those Deluxe passes or whatever the gently caress they were.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Research says otherwise re: Pork Chopper, but that's fine. My current plan is too push the WoT KAMAS up as far up as I can. When I used it on GOTO it didn't deal a lot of damage, but I was still able to get him to 1/4 health with just three of them before the body slam did me in. Jumping to the next tier practically doubles the damage. I might level a shooter up solely for this battle as well. Between those two damage boosts and some more fight optimization (my only attempt was completely blind), I should be solid.
KAMAS and other ranged weapons (I prefer those that lock on like the Pitching Machine) are pretty handy for U-10 if you've some Dragonshrooms.

Doesn't have to be Pork Chopper to get your poison fix but you'll want some way of applying it so you can gently caress poo poo up while folks are puking.

PRL412
Sep 11, 2007

... ... MINE
So how do you hide your SPlithium from TDM attacks when your bank, tank, and freezer all need over 30k to upgrade?

It's hard to spend it all everyday. If you don't have the materials, you can't really dump it into R&D. The only thing you can constantly spend it on are the defense alarms, but it's a tiny amount and probably has a cap.

Do you continue raiding until you can get the cheapest upgrade for the waiting room? Do you have a large stash of expedition rewards that fill the gaps?

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

PRL412 posted:

So how do you hide your SPlithium from TDM attacks when your bank, tank, and freezer all need over 30k to upgrade?

It's hard to spend it all everyday. If you don't have the materials, you can't really dump it into R&D. The only thing you can constantly spend it on are the defense alarms, but it's a tiny amount and probably has a cap.

Do you continue raiding until you can get the cheapest upgrade for the waiting room? Do you have a large stash of expedition rewards that fill the gaps?

Yeah, it looks like the strategy seems to be to squirrel your SPLithium or KC away in your mailbox where it can't be stolen, for use when you need it. Golden animals can also be put in storage for cashing in later, though I think I see people on reddit encouraging folks to keep those for leveling purposes.

e: I actually do have a question. I see some posts complaining about the tier 4 crossbow. If or when the nail gun gets an upgrade it'll be even worse given its magazine size, right? If it'll be useful* in base defense I am considering bringing it to +4 tier 3 in hopes of it getting an upgrade at some point.

*I know that a determined attacker can get through your base no matter what. Would death burner + battle machete be the way to go if I just want to punish raider gear over anything else? May need a ranged weapon in one hand to force them to get close enough to catch fire.

poor life choice fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Dec 19, 2017

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

PRL412 posted:

Typically, I don't open my SPL from the mailbox until I need them for an upgrade or research. Every once in a while I open from the smallest to largest needed to afford a bank/tank upgrade if I need mailbox room.

Otherwise, 5000 SPL alarms can drain it down, as do these material-less WoT promo upgrades and general research. I don't do expeditions anymore, just post all 9 extras to base defence, so having a little SPL to attract attackers is actually not such a bad thing.

I tend to kit mine with decent helmet/armor/pants and just use a burning machete. It repels more than you'd think. Passive defence rewards (and quest contributions for it) is way less work than doing expeditions on the day-to-day.

teh winnar!
Apr 16, 2003

poor life choice posted:

*I know that a determined attacker can get through your base no matter what. Would death burner + battle machete be the way to go if I just want to punish raider gear over anything else? May need a ranged weapon in one hand to force them to get close enough to catch fire.

Lightning rod and machete are the ones that I have problems with.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

If folks were considering getting back into the game over the holidays, the time to start is Dec. 21 post-maintenance. Daily login bonuses are set (and very good), 1-year anniversary gift glasses, new repeatable quests with good material rewards, one free continue per day, and more.

The website news section has full details, of course.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Tonight, finally rendered my body and soul that of Yokozuna. Thanks thread.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Don't do the 41+ floors, though. They're awful.

PRL412 posted:

Don't worry about SPLitihum, ever. Just playing the game will give you such enormous amounts you'll never be able to spend it all. Even without Mantis/King Mantis, there was never a point where I was limited by a lack of SPLithium.

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Yeah, Pork Chopper doesn't drop until you hit the roofs. If you can swing it, Motor Psycho worthwhile. You can kill Crowley in 4 uses of the Rage move with a t1/+0 Motor Psycho.

How upgraded was it? T4 KAMAS does an utterly unbalanceda mount of damage. Like, more than the Sniper of the same tier.

Good luck when you get to 31+, though. That's the point the game starts getting completely punishing.

Archenteron posted:

The machete, at least to me, started dropping off really fast in effectiveness in the 20s, enemies there have good slash resistance. Your guns are pretty useful, and weapons showing up soon will also be useful. The Pork Chopper is basically Heavy Machete 2.0 and has enough raw damage to get you going

Battle Machetes are fine into 21+ if you use a Nail Gun or iron of some kind in your offhand, since they hit so fast that they'll break armor really quickly. That said, you'll be really hard pressed to get enough Steel to get a Battle Machete if you can't reliably clear your way to Yukiyoshi (which is guaranteed to have a moving shop on Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday because of the tectonic terror event).

The way I got through 21+ was making a Shooter with Welding Guns. They do utterly insane damage, though they don't have T4 upgrades yet.

poor life choice posted:

Yeah, it looks like the strategy seems to be to squirrel your SPLithium or KC away in your mailbox where it can't be stolen, for use when you need it. Golden animals can also be put in storage for cashing in later, though I think I see people on reddit encouraging folks to keep those for leveling purposes.

e: I actually do have a question. I see some posts complaining about the tier 4 crossbow. If or when the nail gun gets an upgrade it'll be even worse given its magazine size, right? If it'll be useful* in base defense I am considering bringing it to +4 tier 3 in hopes of it getting an upgrade at some point.

Can you beat White Steel? If you can, go for a static massager + death burner.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 28, 2017

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Cuntellectual posted:

Don't do the 41+ floors, though. They're awful.

Do it anyways. That feeling of getting to F50 (and getting G6 Strikers) is awesome.

41+ Haters tend to drop T5 materials so if you're kitted out enough, its easy Ultra-pure Iron farming.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Beat the game. T4 Machete and Catseyeshrooms tore rear end through all of the 31+ bosses.

Big loving hint for anyone sticking around for the post-game: immediately R&D the T4 Pickaxe and at least the T3 Bat. G6 Haters are brutal, especially the Yotsuyama Haters. Stun them with poison from the bat. When they stop to puke, run up and use the R1 charge attack on the pickaxe for an OHKO every time. If they have Poison Eater, either use backup disabling shrooms you should be carrying or the R2 ability of the pickaxe, which flings dirt in their eyes. The resulting stun is equivalent to tear gas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
All Hardcore haters are immune to poison, it's why the T4 Zombie Chopper doesn't have any poison damage on it.

• Locked thread