Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

I know now how lovely some of these toys being advertised are, but you've got to appreciate that a kid has no chance against the unrelenting pull of capitalism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Ok I'm appreciating this last episode very much.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Yeah, I liked that a lot

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Sad last episode but I accept it.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
That was very sweet.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
And that's that.

I'm trying not to be bitter about it, but OK K.O deserved better and it bugs me that shows live or die due to one or two suits deciding they don't get it or like it. Anyway it was a great ending. I liked how they resolved the TKO situation, and everyone got their appropriate endings. I hope Ian, Toby and the crew go on to bigger and better things.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Op, please change the thread title to OK K.O.: Thank you for watching the show

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
:unsmith:
Well...that's all folks

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
The special is on again right now and tomorrow if you missed it.

I was going to post this yesterday, but I thought it was too negative, but Ian linked to it in his thread so.

From the creator of Infinity Train: https://twitter.com/OweeeeenDennis/status/1166002372776095744

No.1 Special fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Sep 7, 2019

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/tobytobyjones/status/1170059361009356800?s=20

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

poo poo, that would have been good.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Final arc was a bit rushed but Thank you for Watching the Show was A+ stuff. drat good show and I'm sad now that it's over.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I loved this show and will miss it a lot. It struck the perfect blend between outright zany and heartwarming.

I'm glad everyone got their best life out of the ending, and that for Boxman and the Bots it's just "the same thing, except Darrell is now a farmer and we all have hats". Boxman reconnecting with Mr. Logic was also really sweet, too.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Carol's Surprise was the best episode.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

I know OK KO is more self-aware than most shows, but I wasn't expecting the last episode to basically be about how sad the crew is that the show is ending.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

https://twitter.com/Cuppatan/status/1172560639971061760?s=20
https://twitter.com/Cuppatan/status/1172560651664920576?s=20
https://twitter.com/Cuppatan/status/1172560662251241473?s=20
https://twitter.com/Cuppatan/status/1172567838273372160?s=20

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I think one of the bigger punches in the finale was seeing Boxman's robot production facilities in ruins courtesy of Shadowy Venomous and TKO. It meant that all of his children had only one life left, and Jethro was full on extinct as far as the characters knew.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

If you're reading this Ian, thank you so much to you and your team for creating this wonderful show. :3:

Also I'm just glad Professor Venomous and Lord Boxman got married in the end. Seeing those wedding rings on their fingers really made my day.

BioEnchanted posted:

I think one of the bigger punches in the finale was seeing Boxman's robot production facilities in ruins courtesy of Shadowy Venomous and TKO. It meant that all of his children had only one life left, and Jethro was full on extinct as far as the characters knew.

It's also interesting how Boxman was mature enough to get out of a terrible relationship of his own volition since he wasn't comfortable of the path Shadowy Venomous was taking. I just think it's important for kids to see lessons like this where you should stand up for yourself and cut someone off if they're a toxic rear end in a top hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

amigolupus posted:

If you're reading this Ian, thank you so much to you and your team for creating this wonderful show. :3:

Also I'm just glad Professor Venomous and Lord Boxman got married in the end. Seeing those wedding rings on their fingers really made my day.

It's also interesting how Boxman was mature enough to get out of a terrible relationship of his own volition since he wasn't comfortable of the path Shadowy Venomous was taking. I just think it's important for kids to see lessons like this where you should stand up for yourself and cut someone off if they're a toxic rear end in a top hat.

He showed that earlier in the episode with the yacht where he begs to be let into the party, allows himself to be humiliated then COMPLETELY INTENTIONALLY pisses off point so that they blow up the yacht with all the villains on it. Just so he could say "gently caress y'all, i'm cool and don't need you losers' approval!"

Also I got around to playing the game and love the twist with the billboard, where Boxmore steal an embarrassing photo of him and make a billboard displaying it which embarrasses and upsets him - until he notices his mom in the photo looking so proud of him, and realises he actually kind of likes the billboard as he can look across the road and instead of seeing boxmore, he gets a reminder of how much his mommy loves him. :3: Little jarring to see everyone in their season 1 characterisations though with Red Action and Enid being such huge babies about their reputation before they pulled their heads out of their asses. I also loved KO calling out the Roxanne gambit by guessing that that's what Gar wants him to do, then when Gar asks him how he'd guessed he just responds with "Well, adults are weird, so I just thought of the weirdest thing you could ask me to do..."

Savage.

BioEnchanted fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Sep 17, 2019