Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mepstein73
Sep 18, 2012

Whether or not you find your own way, you're bound to find some way. If you happen to find my way, please return it, as it was lost years ago. I imagine by now it's quite rusty.
Take the offer. Then take this stuff down from the inside. Embezzle from the company, sleep with the boss's daughter, wife, and sister, and generally raise hell.

It's the only way to survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Middle management? MIDDLE MANAGEMENT?! You seethe as best you can as reality implodes around you. The dark creeping tendrils eating away at the illusory boardroom. The Gekko sighs and downs the last of his drink. "Know when you've been beaten kid, it's an important lesson. See you next time when the wheel turns." The Reaper totters for a moment before retching into the bag. "Oh man Gek, you didn't tell me he'd smell that bad." Bad, what smells bad? A vile stench and a wave of pain is the last rational thought you feel as you are dumped back into the physical world.

You cannot tell what time its. Light and sound make no sense and your body feels like it has been set aflame. Brief images of your burnt leg, now completely black are paired with a rotten stench of dying flesh. Your mouth cracks from lack of moisture and the screams it tries to form long died to a whimper. Other bodily systems, long since having meaning to a consciousness trapped in hell, fail and shut down as the infection crashes the limited liability partnership known as Tad Westbrook. If one that both could see and did believe were to witness his passing they would note a very drunken hooded figure arrived and scoop a rather rotten looking soul from an emaciated rotten corpse into a non-descript black plastic bag.

"Should have taken the deal, kiddo."

Tad Westbrook - Deceased from complications of Gas Gangrene and Septicemia
Days survived - 6
Wildlife Killed - 1 bear
Area Explored - 1%
Distance to Rescue - 1%
Secrets found 1/???
Final Score --- 110/999

Would you like to continue from last save (as Tad) or try your luck again with a fresh soul?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

˄˄˅˅˂˃˂˃BASelectStart. Continue.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Let's go for someone worth saving.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Hexenritter posted:

˄˄˅˅˂˃˂˃BASelectStart. Continue.

:tif:

No scumsaves. Fresh Souls for the Grinder please.

Also we killed a bear with a chainsaw garrote. As far as I'm concerned we loving won.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

This time, we play as a bear.

Bear Grylls

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Outrail posted:

Also we killed a bear with a chainsaw garrote. As far as I'm concerned we loving won.

I wonder if achievements like that will unlock fun and interesting potential things in future playthroughs.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug

Hexenritter posted:

I wonder if achievements like that will unlock fun and interesting potential things in future playthroughs.

BEAR ACHIEVEMENT LEVEL 1-3 UNLOCKED, ULTRA BEAR MODE ENGAGED

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Arkanomen posted:

BEAR ACHIEVEMENT LEVEL 1-3 UNLOCKED, ULTRA BEAR MODE ENGAGED

:supaburn: :woop: :tbear: :woop: :supaburn:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

GOD DAMMIT GOONS WHY?

Also +1 to roll new victims this is fun.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Noomi Chakrabarti - Born in Lisa Gustafson to bed & breakfast owners Eric and Sarah in sleepy Keweenaw County, Michigan, Noomi led a relatively normal small-town life. Dad took her out hunting as a child on weekends and mom passed on her organisational skills and a mild case of obsessive-compulsive disorder. During her experimental phase as a teenager she discovered Buddhism and converted on the spot. The accidental death of her father when she was 22 led her mother to commit suicide shortly thereafter. Noomi sold the bed & breakfast and moved to an ashram in India for the next seven years. Eventually she moved back to the states to establish a small chain of yoga studios and that's where we find her.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Fresh soul, but I want to come across the body of our erstwhile comrade.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

+1 to the discovery of the mortal remains of the Tadmeister.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Hexenritter posted:

Absolutely.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Hexenritter posted:

Yes...
We could play a keyboard warrior with an extensive and virtually limitless knowledge of survival and combat expertise, but has never actually left the safety of suburbia? So we can use info from any source on the web, but probably gently caress it up constantly.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Outrail posted:

Yes...
We could play a keyboard warrior with an extensive and virtually limitless knowledge of survival and combat expertise, but has never actually left the safety of suburbia? So we can use info from any source on the web, but probably gently caress it up constantly.

I am voting for This.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Outrail posted:

Yes...

This could actually be hilarious

Successful Businessmanga
Mar 28, 2010

Outrail posted:

Yes...

Yessssssssss. Egg on our face when the internet badass has the best dice luck and all the boasting they did online turns out to be true.

Arkanomen
May 6, 2007

All he wants is a hug
Tad has Passed into the garbage bag Great Beyond

Time is a funny thing. If the fabric of reality is broken way out in the woods and no-one is around to hear it, did it even really happen? The trees know, but they keep their own council on such matters. You could ask Death, but seldom few even have the will and fortune to remember it's passing. But you and I, reader, we have a different perspective. Strings of fate are twisted, cut and tossed into the air. Pick one would you while I tidy up the mess Tad left? Putting the set back together takes some finesse.

Choose your Victim Player

1.A Soldier, haunted by his past and just trying to get home. Is always prepared and wilderness like these is a vacation for someone of his skill, but is his mind sound enough?

2.An Engineer. She's been out in the wilderness before and was heading north to help an isolated community build some infrastructure. She has broad knowledge base and expert technical skills

3.A old Miner, years have taken their toll but the prospect of a new claim dragged him out of retirement. Knows a thing or two about living off the land but he has survived three cave-ins, the last trapping him for over a month..

4.A goon Savant. He's read every book on wilderness survival to the point of perfect recal, however living life glued to a computer screen in the comforts of home does nothing to prepare someone for survival.

5.A Flower Child. She's only dropped acid once, from 1967 to 2009 and her crystal chakras are flawlessly aligned. Her mind and soul commune with nature and lives on the ebb and flow of the cosmos. The world provides, but what happens when the world decides that it doesn't like you very much?

6. Another crazy write in.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Mash the '4' button.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Clearly Goon is the only choice

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Hell's probably an actual landfill too, ugh.

As amusing as the description for 5 is, the threadmind cannot deny what it is. :goon:

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Goony goon goon up the wilderness.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

:laffo: goon it is

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
4gone conclusion.

MinutePirateBug
Mar 4, 2013
Caro plans his next adventure? The wilderness!

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

MinutePirateBug posted:

Caro plans his next adventure? The wilderness!

There can be no other option

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Delicately tapping 4 with the tip of my carbon steel survival kuri.

edit: My Damascus steel survival kuri.

Outrail fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Aug 25, 2017

Wentley
Feb 7, 2012
Go with what you know? 4

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Excited for Goon in the Woods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Goon accidentally finds frighteningly advanced squirrel civilization in the woods and dooms the world by being vehemently anti-furry. Then the shrooms wear off and somehow said goon is staked down Gulliver-style anyways. Because goons.

• Locked thread