Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007
Like, i want to, and i know its giga-OP. But every time i start i end up just saying gently caress It and open a map.

cocdd is a blast though and i hope it doesnt get nerfed. Itll be my league starter again next league for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
I built my first wardloop character as my last build this league to finish up the few challenges I had left. Putting it all together was a fun little puzzle and it’s super fun so far. Think I’ll see how far I can push it.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

GodspeedYou!Witchy posted:

I built my first wardloop character as my last build this league to finish up the few challenges I had left. Putting it all together was a fun little puzzle and it’s super fun so far. Think I’ll see how far I can push it.
What kind of budget did you have for this, and did you find an up to date guide?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Collect the mod tier bonus corpses. Once you get like …. 20 of them to or so put some other junk in. Then craft a six tier 1 rare. It’s pretty painless that way. Relatively painless

This way for me at least removes most of the decision making tax about evaluating corpses in maps

Ie: don’t even start thinking about mods until you build up a bank of mod tier corpses

euphronius fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 2, 2024

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

hawowanlawow posted:

ya plopping down corpses is stupid and boring and I'm just not gonna do it

MerrMan
Aug 3, 2003

bawfuls posted:

What kind of budget did you have for this, and did you find an up to date guide?

Wardloop has a very active discord:
https://discord.gg/2JnaD8DZ

Looks like this league the entry budget is ~20 divines and a 1500 divine version. They've also got bots and stuff that will check if your loop setup is correct and all the numbers work out. Good community willing to answer questions about build / gear / crafting / all sorts of stuff.

I do agree that wardloop is the kind of build you should try. It's so mechanically bonkers and then when all the pieces come together it starts to just crush. I know 'D4 Bad' is a meme but Wardloop is one of the builds that makes me reflect on just how narrow D4 design is. The list of interactions that makes Wardloop come together to work, PLUS the fact that it has survived a couple of major changes to how the loop functions and still work is just wild.

ETA

hawowanlawow posted:

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

hawowanlawow posted:

:hmmyes:

If only I could filter the corpses that drop since most of the time they cover up poo poo I actually want to pick up.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

whypick1 posted:

:hmmyes:

If only I could filter the corpses that drop since most of the time they cover up poo poo I actually want to pick up.

Yeah jfc. I had to get rid of that necropolis node that gives you a chance for 2 corpses from the same monster because gently caress that. Sounded like a good idea at the time but sucked rear end in practice.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020

MerrMan posted:

Looks like this league the entry budget is ~20 divines and a 1500 divine version. They've also got bots and stuff that will check if your loop setup is correct and all the numbers work out. Good community willing to answer questions about build / gear / crafting / all sorts of stuff.

I do agree that wardloop is the kind of build you should try. It's so mechanically bonkers and then when all the pieces come together it starts to just crush. I know 'D4 Bad' is a meme but Wardloop is one of the builds that makes me reflect on just how narrow D4 design is. The list of interactions that makes Wardloop come together to work, PLUS the fact that it has survived a couple of major changes to how the loop functions and still work is just wild.

ETA

100% agree with all of this. There’s a 3 divine budget guide on the official forums but I’d say I’ve put around 80 div into this guy to get it feeling smooth. By far the worst part was getting the labs done because I switched off leveling gear too early.

There’s just nothing like a wardloop character in any other arpgs that I’ve played and I agree it really highlights what makes PoE so fun. You need all these specific items interacting in specific ways and the pay off is a character that just walks around making GBS threads out a bunch of seizure inducing spell effects. I love it

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

100% agree with all of this. There’s a 3 divine budget guide on the official forums but I’d say I’ve put around 80 div into this guy to get it feeling smooth. By far the worst part was getting the labs done because I switched off leveling gear too early.

There’s just nothing like a wardloop character in any other arpgs that I’ve played and I agree it really highlights what makes PoE so fun. You need all these specific items interacting in specific ways and the pay off is a character that just walks around making GBS threads out a bunch of seizure inducing spell effects. I love it

This sounds like fun. I will likely do this next league.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3519129
An update, it's just a singular nerf again.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

MerrMan posted:

ETA
Thanks this is just what I was looking for. I’ll have to do some tinkering with the calculator to see if it can accommodate or benefit from mageblood.

My GPU will scream in pain if I can pull this off but it’s definitely been on my list for awhile.

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020
You’ll definitely be able to find a better answer but I’m gonna say mageblood does not help. You need 100% uptime on the unique flask Orloth’s Resolve by using a timeless jewel and only 3 flasks total.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
That’s the one that only drops off a particular expedition boss and it has a bunch of variations , yeah?

GodspeedYou!Witchy
Jun 24, 2020

Frank Frank posted:

That’s the one that only drops off a particular expedition boss and it has a bunch of variations , yeah?

Yea from an expedition boss but I don’t believe it has any variations besides charges used (which is important for the build). It just makes it so ward doesn’t break during its effect.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Vorana's March boots are the Expedition unique that has a ton of variants.

Nur_Neerg
Sep 1, 2004

The Lumbering but Unstoppable Sasquatch of the Appalachians
Will agree the mechanism of GY crafting sucks, but have had too much fun with the results. Made three amethyst rings with Frac t1 life and chaos res yesterday and all of them hit. Sold the spare I didn't need to craft for 35d.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Nur_Neerg posted:

Will agree the mechanism of GY crafting sucks, but have had too much fun with the results. Made three amethyst rings with Frac t1 life and chaos res yesterday and all of them hit. Sold the spare I didn't need to craft for 35d.

Yea for anyone that can tolerate, or for like the one person out there enjoy, setting up a graveyard, you can make basically infinite money this league with how cheap most of the corpses are. It's even scalable - you could probably start with just like 1 or 2d and have obscene wealth 24 hours later.

I made one craft and decided that was prob it for me lol

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

there's nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation can't prolong

Nur_Neerg posted:

It's extremely lucrative and can make some super busted stuff. A huge portion of my currency this league has come from selling gravecrafts.

That said, I have a feeling that a big part of why it's so lucrative is that no one wants to do it. The profit margins are insane because the tedium is very high.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Sextant rollers needed something to make money from not playing the game on, why not the league mechanic.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I made well over 150 div selling timeless jewels for 5d a pop this league because no one runs legion anymore

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Well gently caress me. I was all gassed up to have enough to get a mirror item before packing it in this league but while I was selling off my build mirror prices spiked 150div and I just learned that the item I want has a 200div fee attached.

Sigh.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

You’ll definitely be able to find a better answer but I’m gonna say mageblood does not help. You need 100% uptime on the unique flask Orloth’s Resolve by using a timeless jewel and only 3 flasks total.
that is good to know, might go with something else since this is the “finally got a mageblood” league and try wardloop next time

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Well gently caress me. I was all gassed up to have enough to get a mirror item before packing it in this league but while I was selling off my build mirror prices spiked 150div and I just learned that the item I want has a 200div fee attached.

Sigh.

I had this same thing happen last league so I just bought a couple Unrequited Loves and gambled them into a full stack. I recommend that, very easy

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the changes to shouts to work with bears is enough of a hook to get me to play this one

wemgo
Feb 15, 2007

euphronius posted:

I think the changes to shouts to work with bears is enough of a hook to get me to play this one

Uhhhh, wrong thread

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Yeah. Bear form in poe2 tho

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Still at it with the jewel crafting. Look at this beaut:

Also made some influenced blizzard crowns in the graveyard hoping for +1 power charge fracture. Protip that I learned the hard way: 200% chance to make a split copy does NOT cause a 3-way split. I hit the power charge mod with a +AoE haunted suffix on a Hunter base though so I think that will sell nicely.

Hilariously, a Warlord Blizzard Crown with fractured Warcries Open Chests sold for 10d instantly, presumably because it's the base for crafting Empy's meme Expedition helmet.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Well, Harbies just gave me 1 mirror and 4 shards.

Time to find the free Phys Bow of the league to mirror. Anyone know who it is?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

SpicySushi?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Setec_Astronomy
Mar 10, 2003

Now THAT was a good temple: