Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oh that's a fun run, congrats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

exquisite tea posted:

What are some people's "Top 5" speedruns in terms of the skill needed to pull it off and how entertaining it is to actually watch.

Tomatoan(g)us' Fallout Anthology is right there, and NESCardinality's RNG manipulated run of Dragon Quest.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God

exquisite tea posted:

What are some people's "Top 5" speedruns in terms of the skill needed to pull it off and how entertaining it is to actually watch.

They're competitive, so just about any speedrun is going to be highly skillbased (as long as it isn't too RNG heavy). Fun to watch... honestly, in my experience speedruns are a lot more fun when you understand the tricks they're pulling off, so I'd pick a game you've played, and ideally watch a summoning salt video on it first so you know what you're seeing.

Or if you mean GDQ runs specifically, basically any of the Super Mario Relays are great.

Musical_Daredevil posted:

After 4(?) years of submitting Morrowind All Main Quests and getting rejected, I'm finally in!

Grats! I look forward to watching that one. Especially considering how... exploitable Morrowind can be.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

After 4(?) years of submitting Morrowind All Main Quests and getting rejected, I'm finally in!

Congratulations; I am looking forward to your run!

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

marathon needs to end with mario rpg remake imo

Good, because it is.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Bremen posted:

Grats! I look forward to watching that one. Especially considering how... exploitable Morrowind can be.

Oh, there will be plenty of ridiculous glitches in this run!

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Hell yeah!! Congratulations. When I saw the list go out I made a comment about how excited I am to see this run just based on the game and time, so I'm doubly excited now to hear that you're the one running it.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

exquisite tea posted:

I love Mr Gimmick speedruns because the star grinding looks cool as hell. I can only assume it’s very hard to pull off.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Someone slipped and put my submission on the backup list instead of denying it, oh well

e. Can't believe I have to be the first one here to point out that a game called C.B.T. got accepted

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Apr 26, 2024

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran

SeXReX posted:

e. Can't believe I have to be the first one here to point out that a game called C.B.T. got accepted

It is my fondest wish that this be given a late-night slot so the couch / runner can Make The Jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Kestral posted:

It is my fondest wish that this be given a late-night slot so the couch / runner can Make The Jokes

alternately having all the comms and host playing the straight man and pretending to have no idea would be really good as well