Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Richard Cabeza
Mar 1, 2005

What a dickhead...
I have a problem that I am hoping someone else has run into.

On a Windows 2012 R2 environment, I am a junior admin and I think the actual smart people don't know what's causing this. They stonewall any attempt to get an answer and the internet hasn't been helpful.

When I RDP from a Windows 7 system into a Windows 2012 R2 system, I and other users routinely run into the error "An authentication error has occurred. The token supplied do the function is invalid". As the junior guy, I do a lot of user accounts and permissions, but I don't get to do a lot of configuring of services. When a user has this problem I ensure that the account is not locked.

It seems intermittent. I can log in where others cannot. I may get this error using my domain admin account, but then not get this error when I use my regular admin account and vice versa. I do not see any login failures in the event log.

Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mayodreams
Jul 4, 2003

Hello darkness,
my old friend
Check the level of security set on the servers. There have also been some recent Windows updates, particularly for CredSSP, that require both client and server to be patched, or some registry changes from a patched client side to allow connections to an unpatched server.

TLS1.0 is also being disabled, so if that is enabled and in use, that could cause issues too.

tl;dr check RDP and TLS/SSL registry settings

redeyes
Sep 14, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I just ran into this as well, googled it and found a MS fix download.. which I am trying to find again.

• Locked thread