Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
What are some games that have two men having sex with each other? Seems like it’s pretty rare since I couldn’t think of one off the top of my head. Maybe we could make a cumulative list of the games featuring two gay men having sex. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

https://youtu.be/1OoBmXhbFJU?t=3m18s

best i can do off the top of my head

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iQQKXNKBuFs

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

You can teabag guys in Halo.

ecavalli
Nov 18, 2012

I overheard a kid on the bus this morning say that Call of Duty is "super gay."

Does that count?

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

it's not explicit but two men can have sex in the sims 2 ps2. I know this because when i was 12 my best friend at the time wanted to see what would happen if you put two men in the woohoo bed. Well, they gently caress and instantly go to 100% attraction to each other. Which is fine butt the characters were based on us and it made the game a little weird for us so we stopped playing shortly after.

Lord Windy
Mar 26, 2010

Zelder posted:

it's not explicit but two men can have sex in the sims 2 ps2. I know this because when i was 12 my best friend at the time wanted to see what would happen if you put two men in the woohoo bed. Well, they gently caress and instantly go to 100% attraction to each other. Which is fine butt the characters were based on us and it made the game a little weird for us so we stopped playing shortly after.

Sorry you missed out on rl buttsex

Bobcats
Aug 5, 2004
Oh

Zelder posted:

this means you are gay now fyi

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

ecavalli posted:

I overheard a kid on the bus this morning say that Call of Duty is "super gay."

Does that count?

Dude, your avatar is from a game called fuckin Twinkle Star Sprites. If you don't know what counts as super gay I dont think anybody can help you

Edit: The game is awesome though

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Mass Erect 3

edit: has some good bara

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 02:11 on May 23, 2018

credburn
Jun 22, 2016

why it got to be two gay men why not two staright men

coward

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
there's a guy who makes a bunch of art games about this and they're all banned from twitch except one where you compare pistols with people in a public bathroom but the pistols are a metaphor for penises

https://radiatoryang.itch.io/

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
there's multiple meme japanese vns about this also but i think they both have dog loving in them for some reason

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

CJacobs posted:

Mass Erect 3

edit: has some good bara

Its supreme bullshit they hold off on even giving you Kaidan for two games because man shep "didnt swing that way"and the writers had such a hard on for lesbians and you dont even get to gently caress James Vega.

Dragon Age got a liiiitle bit better but still give gay dudes less options than anyone else.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

man shep "didnt swing that way"

is this an actual quote from somewhere?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

DisDisDis posted:

is this an actual quote from somewhere?

It was. Way way back when before ME3, there was a comment from a writer that man shep simply wasn't gay, and this led to many a terrible discussion on the bioware forums. It reeked of "this manly space soldier couldnt possibly be a queer!" Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the quote since.

But seriously

gently caress the mass effect division for not playing fair :colbert:

E: gently caress I'm thinking about it now. The romance with Kaidan is still programmed in ME1 and Mark Meer always said there were gay romance lines in 1 and 2, but after they both came out the gay romance was mysteriously absent. It was held up for a looooong time.

E2; couldnt find the forums quote of course, but there is this

https://kotaku.com/5509870/bioware-explains-why-theres-no-homosexuality-in-mass-effect-2

Basically the gays weren't pg13 back then and Shepard was a "defined character" to the point where she could be a lesbian, but he couldnt be into dudes :confused:

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 03:08 on May 23, 2018

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
I'm just impressed enough if a character is written as gay to begin with. Not talking about "playersexual" characters, that's too easy.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

It was. Way way back when before ME3, there was a comment from a writer that man shep simply wasn't gay, and this led to many a terrible discussion on the bioware forums. It reeked of "this manly space soldier couldnt possibly be a queer!" Unfortunately I haven't been able to find the quote since.

But seriously

E: gently caress I'm thinking about it now. The romance with Kaidan is still programmed in ME1 and Mark Meer always said there were gay romance lines in 1 and 2, but after they both came out the gay romance was mysteriously absent. It was held up for a looooong time.

E2; couldnt find the forums quote of course, but there is this

https://kotaku.com/5509870/bioware-explains-why-theres-no-homosexuality-in-mass-effect-2

Basically the gays weren't pg13 back then and Shepard was a "defined character" to the point where she could be a lesbian, but he couldnt be into dudes :confused:

Oh wow. I played 1 & 2 when I was pretty young and never touched the romance stuff but I always remember people singing bioware's woke praises about the gay romance in their games. Didn't realize you literally couldn't gay romance a guy until 3 and your lesbian options were all/mostly Asari til same.
Doesn't surprise me though lol.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

DisDisDis posted:

Oh wow. I played 1 & 2 when I was pretty young and never touched the romance stuff but I always remember people singing bioware's woke praises about the gay romance in their games. Didn't realize you literally couldn't gay romance a guy until 3 and your lesbian options were all/mostly Asari til same.
Doesn't surprise me though lol.

The Dragon Age division was a game changer in those days. I was flabergasted and overjoyed when, upon just starting the game as a male noble I found you could gently caress your mom's friend's son. Different staff from Mass Effect so you can see the difference in how they handled things. When people sing the praises of Bioware's progressiveness they usually mean the original Dragon Age team, and the writer for the trans guy in Inquisition that was handled loving perfectly, as opposed to Andromeda's trans character depiction.

E: holy poo poo Dragon Age came out in 09. Yeah they paved the way.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 03:33 on May 23, 2018

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The Dragon Age division was a game changer in those days. I was flabergasted and overjoyed when, upon just starting the game as a male noble I found you could gently caress your mom's friend's son. Different staff from Mass Effect so you can see the difference in how they handled things. When people sing the praises of Bioware's progressiveness they usually mean the original Dragon Age team, and the writer for the trans guy in Inquisition that was handled loving perfectly, as opposed to Andromeda's trans character depiction.

E: holy poo poo Dragon Age came out in 09. Yeah they paved the way.

I am probably never gonna play inquisition, how did they write the trans character?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Riatsala posted:

I am probably never gonna play inquisition, how did they write the trans character?

Krem is in a hardcore Qunari merc squad and identifies as male. The leader of the squad, a party member, makes it clear that Krem is to be considered as a man and anyone who has a problem with it can take it up with him, if Krem couldnt handle it himself.

Also I dont remember the dialogue per say, which is a shame cause I remember thinking Krem was a total badass, but I do know it was much better than andromeda's "Hi I'm trans, heres my dead name".

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 03:57 on May 23, 2018

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Krem is in a hardcore Qunari merc squad and identifies as male. The leader of the squad, a party member, makes it clear that Krem is to be considered as a man and anyone who has a problem with it can take it up with him.

Also I dont remember the dialogue per say, which is a shame cause I remember thinking Krem was a total badass, but I do know it was much better than andromeda's "Hi I'm a trans, heres my dead name".

Interesting. I might look up some youtubes about it, thanks.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
Best part of Bioware's weird man gay issues was when the gay romance for Andromeda had their personal arc be about a woman.

DisDisDis posted:

there's multiple meme japanese vns about this also but i think they both have dog loving in them for some reason

what is a 'meme' japanese visual novel, is gay man dog loving a meme now

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Infamous and often joked about I guess. They were really popular among teen girls on tumblr when I was a teen, on tumblr. Former ADTRW goon tled one of them I believe.

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012
There's this obscure game called "Skyrim" where the objective is to install gay sex mods until it can't run.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

But seriously

I only played a FemShep for Mass Effect 1 because Garrus was the most interesting male romance option. I played ME1 and watched an LP of 3 and man I couldn't tell you anything about Cortez or Kaidan.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DT0t5VBX3gc&t=38s

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Riatsala posted:

Very Carefully!

:dudsmile:

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
In the last true Leisure Suit Larry game (Love for Sail): according to a PCG or CGW magazine review I read back in the day one of Larry's targets was a married woman who tasked Larry with killing her husband, "and in the game's most distasteful sequence you do just that, by jumping into the old man's bed and humping him to death. Larry then spends the rest of the game insisting he's not homosexual. I certainly could have lived without that."

For mid-90s Sierra it's remarkable they let Al Lowe and co. do that, even in an M-rated game; this would have been right around the time Ellen DeGeneres had her sitcom character out herself, and she and ABC caught major controversy and flack for it. (Don't recall any controversy over LSL 7 though)

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib
final fantasy vii of course

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
This is a good list so far

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Isn't the end of Gunman Clive gay? There isn't any blatant sex, but I assume that's what took place after they kissed.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I've no idea about the games and how many sex scenes there are but here's a steam curator into them: https://store.steampowered.com/curator/25144145-Gay-Gotta-Game/

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Neurosis posted:

final fantasy vii of course

FF7 has TWO gay sex scenes, one involving crossdressing.

Can't say that about Boy Band 15 now, can ya.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LoseHound
Nov 10, 2012

Agent Escalus posted:

In the last true Leisure Suit Larry game (Love for Sail): according to a PCG or CGW magazine review I read back in the day one of Larry's targets was a married woman who tasked Larry with killing her husband, "and in the game's most distasteful sequence you do just that, by jumping into the old man's bed and humping him to death. Larry then spends the rest of the game insisting he's not homosexual. I certainly could have lived without that."

For mid-90s Sierra it's remarkable they let Al Lowe and co. do that, even in an M-rated game; this would have been right around the time Ellen DeGeneres had her sitcom character out herself, and she and ABC caught major controversy and flack for it. (Don't recall any controversy over LSL 7 though)

ah yes, i too cannot believe that sierra, who hired racist rear end ex-police chief Daryl Gates (after the murder of Rodney King), to help design a lovely adventure game for the sake of controversy would ever do something so tasteless.

Oh, and there's an ending in that game you can get where you go off into the sunset with the flamboyant clerk if you give him your room key (LSL 7, that is).

In the name of more relevant content, let's watch some Solid Snakes (:wink:) in Metal Gear Solid: Peacewalker.

• Locked thread