Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
This thread brought to you by a Brewery who threw the Super Eagles a sending off party

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09usx6wwB-Q

Let's get this out of the way right now, Nigeria's kit is the best at the tournament so we all can hope they play a lot of games but they wont, because despite what my Nigerian friend at work says, they're really not all that good. They'll either fail to get out of the group stage, or fail immediately after getting out of the group stage. But... the kit:

Phwoar look at the lads

I'm not sure who these guys are but they look great

There's also some Nigerian "Naija" boots from Nike and they're fully sick as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNYTJNfG7Ds

At this point I need to be honest, I really don't know like 90% of the squad, but neither do you so it doesn't actually matter. These are (probably) the main guys:

And here's the rest of the squad:

Keepers:
Ikechukwu Ezenwa, most caps of the keepers, but plays in Nigeria and is probably bad
Daniel Akpeyi, Plays in South Africa, probably bad
Francis Uzoho, 19, plays in Spain, and played in the friendly vs England. Still probably bad but I'd guess he'll start.

Defenders:
William Troost-Ekong, You can "Troost" that this guy is gonna give it his all
Leon Balogun, This guy plays in Germany so he's probably not that bad
Ola Aina, Apparently part of Chelsea's money laundering youth setup
Kenneth Omeruo, this guy has been on loan to various clubs from Chelsea since 2012 :wtc:
Brian Idowu, Based in Russia, so while he doesn't play for Nigeria much he'll be used to the racism
Chidozie Awaziem, [placeholder]
Shehu Abdullahi, Starter probably?
Elderson Echiéjilé, Starting left back, missed the last WC due to injury
Tyronne Ebuehi, was just signed by Benfica

Midfielders:
John Obi Mikel, This guy is a) still only 31, b) still Nigeria's #10, and c) playing in China
Ogenyi Onazi, Nailed on starter
John Ogu, This lad looks like a cool dude buy he plays in Israel so he's probably really bad
Wilfred Ndidi, I've heard of this one and he isn't bad??? What??
Victor Moses, My Nigerian coworker doesn't rate him at all and doesn't understand why he gets games at Chelsea
Alex Iwobi, Make Wenger proud, Iwobi
Oghenekaro Etebo, Along with Iheanacho and Mikel, he's the third player in the squad to be voted CAF Most Promising Talent of the Year
Joel Obi, DO NOT be confused if you see Obi on a Nigerian shirt, he's not the real one
Mikel Agu, Another misnamed fraud

Strikers:
Odion Ighalo, Was part of the Pozzo Udinese/Watford family but got shipped out to China or whatever
Ahmed Musa, This guy sure has played a lot of games as striker for Nigeria for not scoring many goals
Kelechi Iheanacho, Holy poo poo what a lad, this guy better start every game or the Super Eagles will be the sad sparrows heading home early
Simeon Nwankwo, Seriously just play Iheanacho instead

The keen reader will have noticed that's 25 players, not 23, so sadly I've made an effort to write a few lovely words for two guys not even going to Russia. Good on you for noticing.

Nigeria will be playing in Group D, where they will face Argentina for the 5th time in 6 World Cups that they've attended. My Nigerian coworker thinks this is proof of some kind of anti-Nigerian conspiracy. They did beat Argentina in a friendly in November, though Messi didn't play. This somehow further proves the conspiracy.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Jun 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

I have heard of like 3 of those players, but drat what a kit! Supposedly it sold out in 3 hours.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Simone Poodoin posted:

I have heard of like 3 of those players, but drat what a kit! Supposedly it sold out in 3 hours.

It had 3 million pre-orders. That just sounds insane.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

its a really nice kit

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

They can bomb out of the group, all that’s important is they break Messi

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

No Enyeama? I guess he isn't playing regularly these days, but it's not his fault Lille is a poo poo-show

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Fun fact: Brian Idowu isn’t just based in Russia, he’s an actual African-Russian. I’m not sure he even speaks any languages outside of Russian. The guy is a Zenit youth product and left St. Petersburg on avmccount of, depending who you ask, racism or being bad (my bet is that it’s both)

nutri_void fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jun 3, 2018

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

Fun fact: Brian Idowu isn’t just based in Russia, he’s an actual African-Russian. I’m not sure he even speaks any languages outside of Russian. The guy is a Zenit youth product and left St. Petersburg on avmccount of, depending who you ask, racism or being bad (my bet is that it’s both)
Wouldn't he be Nigerian-Russian?

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
I don’t like the kit, I apologize for my racism

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer

Good ball by Dixon posted:

Wouldn't he be Nigerian-Russian?

Well, yes, he's a dual national

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

pik_d posted:

John Obi Mikel, This guy is a) still only 31
:psyduck:

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

pik_d posted:

Ogenyi O'nazi, Nailed on starter

Nice of Nigeria to give Irish fascists a chance!

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012

Alexeythegreat posted:

Well, yes, he's a dual national
Ah, African means black here, sorry english is not my first language.:)

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

Good ball by Dixon posted:

Ah, African means black here, sorry english is not my first language.:)

what

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
what a beautiful kit

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

We can only hope they play as well as they look today.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Come on Nigeria!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

I just want to say that Nigeria won the single game in which they won their ultra swag home kit, and lost the games where they wore their OK but decidedly inferior away kit.

• Locked thread