Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer
I have what I feel is a dumb question, but my google-fu fails me.

I'm doing an Excel doc that summarizes all the alerts, automated tests, and monitoring for our assets within Azure and elsewhere. We have this done in Excel 2016/O365 as a series of columns (Alert Name, Alert Description, Alert Threshold, etc.). Below these are rows, one for each alert.

What I want to do is take a series of rows and columns that describe the criteria of each alert - pardon the lack of a grid, each comma is a column separation:

GetAccessToken Step 1, API, http://www.url.test/accessKey, Return url.test/accesskey
GetAccessToken Step 2, API, http://www.url.test/applicationsessionID,confirm applicationSessionID

Is there some way that I can concatenate the entire grid of rows and columns into one single cell, keeping the way it looks or delimiting it with a hyphen or something, and make it pop out if you click on that cell?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Not easily that I know of. One possibility could be to just put the comma-delimited list like that in the cell directly, and then write some VBA to paste it into a new workbook whenever the cell is selected. Not sure how usable that would be though. What about just merging the header cells so that there's one header cell called Criteria, and below it are these values in their separate columns?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

What do you mean 'make it pop out when you click on that cell'? Do you want most of the text to be hidden until you select the cell and view it? Giving us some further context will help.

• Locked thread