Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Hey fellas,

Just set up my new PC, which has a B450 Carbon AC in it, which should work with the surround on my Vizio sound bar.

1) I have connected them via bluetooth, HDMI cable (via the TV, which was then attached to the sound bar via optical), and directly through the optical jack.
2) I've configured the sound bar to output whichever one I was testing at that moment.
3) The TV HAS successfully done surround before, via HDMI to the TV and optical from the TV to the soundbar.
4) the back speakers test fine when I do the test straight from the sound bar, and ALSO when I do the Dolby and DTS tests from the sound properties panel of the Realtek adapter.
5) the spatial sound tab of the realtek settings only gives Dolby Atmos for Headphones.
6) I have updated drivers for everything.

Despite all of this, I can't get surround to actually play in anything. A couple of sites I went to seem to say that Windows 10 has horribly broken 5.1 in favour of pushing Dolby Atmos.

Any clues? I've basically just run up against the wall now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KS
Jun 10, 2003
Outrageous Lumpwad
Very few devices support mixing a dolby or DTS stream to PCM. They can pass through sources with those streams -- but most PC game sources are just going to be PCM.

You mentioned the Realtek test works -- another example would be a DVD or a video encoded with a surround stream played through VLC.

Without diving too deep into that motherboard, it's the most likely issue unless you know different.

KS fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Apr 26, 2019