Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Roads produce the most likes, by far, because they're the most efficient and effective form of infrastructure you can contribute to the world, by far (in this post-apocalyptic nightmare world in which the concept of trains are no longer feasible). You get likes just by having people driving on (or just walking on) roads you built yourself or contributed to in large part, like you do with any other piece of infrastructure or navigation assistance tool you set down that other people can use, but people travel a lot further on a section of road than they do even a bridge or (generally) a zipline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Aoi posted:

Roads produce the most likes, by far, because they're the most efficient and effective form of infrastructure you can contribute to the world, by far (in this post-apocalyptic nightmare world in which the concept of trains are no longer feasible). You get likes just by having people driving on (or just walking on) roads you built yourself or contributed to in large part, like you do with any other piece of infrastructure or navigation assistance tool you set down that other people can use, but people travel a lot further on a section of road than they do even a bridge or (generally) a zipline.

Ah, that explains a lot. Thanks!

Another thing I was wondering about : in my game, there are a few bridges that link nothing, ie they are built on land that isn't particularly steep, don't cross any chasms or rivers and don't appear to connect any common paths, yet they sometimes have a ton of likes. One outside Mountain Knot City, just down from where the road gets built, has around 80-90,000 likes. I was wondering if this was common and what the deal was?

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.
Bridges to nowhere have been a thing since almost day one, and while there are obviously good reasons for why they get an immense amount of likes, it's beyond my reckoning.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Ah, that explains a lot. Thanks!

Another thing I was wondering about : in my game, there are a few bridges that link nothing, ie they are built on land that isn't particularly steep, don't cross any chasms or rivers and don't appear to connect any common paths, yet they sometimes have a ton of likes. One outside Mountain Knot City, just down from where the road gets built, has around 80-90,000 likes. I was wondering if this was common and what the deal was?

sometimes they are built near bt areas. When Sam is grabbed by a bt, the path he gets dragged through is scripted and the same each time. Ppl build their bridges on that path and automatically farm likes from other players getting dragged over the bridge

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's my birthday, and while I was expecting an Easter egg, I can't say I was expecting a handful of little treats. My favourite is the one with Cliff, because it feels like someone got me a Mads Mikkelsen cameo.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I've now five-starred every base/prepper/etc. I'm trying to decide whether I want to go all the way and get all the achievements, but I don't like the look of those legends ones. It's mostly the time-based ones that have me hesitating.

For now I'm just going to enjoy getting all the memory units. It's cute how their data is just Kojima's personal movie and music recommendations. That said, Deep Red definitely didn't "spawn the giallo genre". :cmon:

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

If you wanted the LoL achievements you really needed to have put it on hard mode before 5 starring

It'll be a lot of repetition unfortunately

If you have a decent zip line network the time limits are almost irrelevant though

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Skarsnik posted:

If you wanted the LoL achievements you really needed to have put it on hard mode before 5 starring

It'll be a lot of repetition unfortunately

If you have a decent zip line network the time limits are almost irrelevant though

Oh dear. I won't bother if it's too much of a faff but I do like to get as much as I can out of a game I've enjoyed. :)

Slickdrac
Oct 5, 2007

Not allowed to have nice things
If you've been enjoying the central loop of the game, it's just more of that and fine/fun. Even most of the timed ones you can do without any setup. There are a couple though where it's a puzzle to solve.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
Thanks for the help everyone! Does the difficulty setting affect the combat with BTs/MULEs/terrorists in standard orders?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hedgehog Pie posted:

Thanks for the help everyone! Does the difficulty setting affect the combat with BTs/MULEs/terrorists in standard orders?

Yes, but especially in the postgame it's never that hard.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Midjack posted:

Yes, but especially in the postgame it's never that hard.

Cool, thank you!

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

I found the only really noticeable thing was how fast stuff decayed in the rain

Still one shotted everyome with a bola to the head regardless

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Skarsnik posted:

I found the only really noticeable thing was how fast stuff decayed in the rain

Still one shotted everyome with a bola to the head regardless

I still haven't grasped bolas but I've been happily headshotting everyone with rubber bullets.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

I recently finished my second play through, on very hard. I didn’t even notice any difference outside of boss fights, where they just had a million hp and it was tedious as hell so I turned them down to very easy after the first. Granted it’d been a couple of years since my first play through so maybe I don’t remember it well enough to notice the difference. It still wasn’t challenging though

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I'm still enjoying myself getting the LoL orders done. Most of them are still pretty simple and I'm one of those people who really likes Truck Simulator, so the redundancy probably isn't a factor for me. I feel like I am going to hate finishing off the timed ones though! I think I have 5/20 but there have been a couple where I've been outraged when the A comes up.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I feel like I am going to hate finishing off the timed ones though!

they're trivial if you have ziplines up in advance. i think i did one that i couldn't use zips for since it was a big load that needed a truck, from i think the film director or someone around there to lake knot. even that was fairly easy though it might have been spicier if there hadn't been an online charger on the edge of mule territory near the distro centre and/or if i hadn't finished the highway already

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I just got done with the LoL orders for the achievement. You guys were right, it wasn't particularly difficult really. The level 3 speed skeleton made pretty short work of the timed orders where vehicles or ziplines weren't cutting it. My next step is to polish off a few more achievements, but I might then go the extra mile and work on the roads too, because I really like the community element in this game.