Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Grittybeard posted:

Houston should do the clock killing play where the quarterback runs around for a sec and then throws it way high out of bounds.

Nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Well there have been worse thursday night game

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
im glad i get to watch red zone all day sunday without worrying about houston

im less excited to get annihilated by NE in a week

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Android Apocalypse posted:

Texans should fumble the ball & have the Colts run it in for a TD.

they tried, the refs didnt agree

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
QUESTION

If Watson had thrown it into a completely empty part of the field and got grounding called, would the Colts have gotten an untimed down?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

what a waste to have the texans win

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Time expiring on a change of possession should give the other team a free play

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

Intruder posted:

QUESTION

If Watson had thrown it into a completely empty part of the field and got grounding called, would the Colts have gotten an untimed down?

yes

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

fast cars loose anus posted:

im glad i get to watch red zone all day sunday without worrying about houston

im less excited to get annihilated by NE in a week

they aint that good

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

QUESTION

No, replay 4th forever.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Zyla posted:

what a waste to have the texans win

:wrong:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
GG Indy. You're doing well considering that your star quarterback quit before the season started.

Texans got some good offense despite BoB.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Elephanthead posted:

No, replay 4th forever.

Well you wouldn't replay 4th because it's loss of down

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress Bill O’Brien’s chin butt.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Interested to see what the film reviewers say after this. Either just nobody was open downfield all game, or Brissett wasn't seeing them. And the gameplan was just super lame, either because of the short week or lack of trust in Brissett or both. Pretty disappointing, but it's not like this derails a super bowl run. Hard to not draft a QB now.

you broke my grill
Jul 11, 2019

Intruder posted:

QUESTION

No because the game CAN end on an offensive penalty

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Intruder posted:

Well you wouldn't replay 4th because it's loss of down

Replay 5th?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

you broke my grill posted:

No because the game CAN end on an offensive penalty

This is what I was unsure of

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

Android Apocalypse posted:

Texans got some good offense despite BoB.

Fuller makes a ton of difference for how good the Texans offense looks. If the dude could just stay healthy I'd believe in them a lot more.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Despera posted:

they aint that good

it literally doesn't matter because it will be a Big Game against a Real Opponent and the Texans always melt down dramatically in those

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

I'll always remember the first time I saw that play was a college game where the refs called intentional grounding and extended the game. Which is 100% wrong since it's only defensive penalties that give an untimed down.

e: people were already talking about this

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Eltoasto posted:

Interested to see what the film reviewers say after this. Either just nobody was open downfield all game, or Brissett wasn't seeing them. And the gameplan was just super lame, either because of the short week or lack of trust in Brissett or both. Pretty disappointing, but it's not like this derails a super bowl run. Hard to not draft a QB now.

Yeah, he needs to throw downfield more even if he thinks it isn't there. Maybe it'll draw a penalty, but at least it will give room underneath.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

it literally doesn't matter because it will be a Big Game against a Real Opponent and the Texans always melt down dramatically in those

Watson always steps up in a big way (except last week) in those types of games, it's JJ who always wilted and welp he's not playing

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Codependent Poster posted:

Yeah, he needs to throw downfield more even if he thinks it isn't there. Maybe it'll draw a penalty, but at least it will give room underneath.

He did once but the receiver was confused and stopped at 15 yards.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Brissett threw it so deep I thought he might get a grounding penalty like Brady did in the Superbowl

I think that Brady throw against the Giants for the safety (which was amazing) is the only time I've seen that type of grounding where the QB isn't even pressured and throws it 50 yards downfield to no one

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
aaahhh deshaun is neon pink

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

I'll always remember the first time I saw that play was a college game where the refs called intentional grounding and extended the game. Which is 100% wrong since it's only defensive penalties that give an untimed down.

That led to this play of course.

I'm tellin y'all college football has the craziest poo poo happening regularly.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Really surprised here, this had all the markings of a game the Texans blow.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Grittybeard posted:

I'll never forget the Colts game where they punted with 0 seconds left on the clock, but they touched the ball and the other team got an untimed down at the very end of the game.

Nov 6, 2002

For gambling purposes that was a very good way to end the game as opposed to kicking the FG.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

For gambling purposes that was a very good way to end the game as opposed to kicking the FG.

For your specific gambling purposes how did you feel about Niners/Cards

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nov 6, 2002

Intruder posted:

For your specific gambling purposes how did you feel about Niners/Cards

Well in my case it the spread I was working with was an absurd 11.5 so it worked out juuuuust fine.