Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I compared the Ravens to the 2003-04 Patriots earlier but I can think of maybe another comparison even, and that's the 2000 Raiders. They moved the ball kind of similarly with a run-by-committee that included their QB Rich Gannon(he had 529 yards!). They switched to a more vertical type of game in 01-02 when they brought in Jerry Rice and Charlie Garner. But in 2000 they were a completely ground-based attack. If you replaced Gannon with Lamar Jackson I think it would have worked out very well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

seiferguy posted:

If the Titans make it in the wild card with Tannehill, they are unstoppable.

Starts Marriota in the playoff

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Quote some twitter dude: seahawks have never played in a regular game

Top the NFC best division for at least a week

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

EmbryoSteve posted:

Quote some twitter dude: seahawks have never played in a regular game

Top the NFC best division for at least a week

Lol that Twitter dude is Kevin Clark from the Ringer

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Ghost Dog posted:

it seems like you are still struggling with 31 and 32 and lashing out. thoughts and prayers with u while you try to figure out how the dastardly ravens prevented genius bill belicheck from drafting the player he wanted to by taking lamar after his pick. the only thing for certain is that ur precious gm coach was always right

I'm not struggling with anything, you are just being obtuse to be obtuse. Not sure how you can't grasp how a team would wait to take a player because they thought he would be there next time around and then eat poo poo for it. We see it all the time the other way too, someone panics and jumps ahead for no reason just because they think someone else actually wants Mitch Trubisky

Nodoze fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Dec 3, 2019

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Was there some rationale for the Raiders getting rid of both Cooper and Mack? To free up salary cap money to acquire worse, less proven players?

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Cooper wasn’t playing nearly as well in Oakland for reasons you can suss out on your own and The Raiders quite possibly have real liquid cash issues and can’t afford to pay the bonus for a guy like Mack (this is the rumor).

Also the Cooper thing would have been fine if AB didn’t lose his marbles.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

TheBizzness posted:

Cooper wasn’t playing nearly as well in Oakland for reasons you can suss out on your own and The Raiders quite possibly have real liquid cash issues and can’t afford to pay the bonus for a guy like Mack (this is the rumor).

Also the Cooper thing would have been fine if AB didn’t lose his marbles.

Losing one's marbles implies that you have some in the first place.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Nodoze posted:

I'm not struggling with anything, you are just being obtuse to be obtuse. Not sure how you can't grasp how a team would wait to take a player because they thought he would be there next time around and then eat poo poo for it. We see it all the time the other way too, someone panics and jumps ahead for no reason just because they think someone else actually wants Mitch Trubisky

maybe the thing where your point is your team needs to be recognized for its courage in wanting to draft lamar jackson, but not wanting it enough to use a draft pick on him, is not so good a one

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ghost Dog posted:

maybe the thing where your point is your team needs to be recognized for its courage in wanting to draft lamar jackson, but not wanting it enough to use a draft pick on him, is not so good a one

Bill Belichik is never wrong, thus Patriots fans are never wrong either. You should know this by now

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Kirkus 'Kissing' Cousins 'The loving Loser'

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Do some visualization exercises and imagine you're not 0-8 on monday primetime drat

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

sweet thursday posted:

Do some visualization exercises and imagine you're not 0-8 on monday primetime drat

Andy Dalton has a better primetime record laffo

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Keep Andy Dalton out ya mouf binch

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

seiferguy posted:

Andy Dalton has a better primetime record laffo

.... Kaepernick is the closest we've got to an anti-Cousins. He's 5-0 on MNF.

in the 2000's, here's everyone with more then 10 appearances:

17-7 Brady
15-9 Brees
11-12 Favre
11-10 Eli
15-4 Roethlisberger
12-7 Cutler
13-5 Peyton
8-10 Rivers
10-6 McNabb
8-6 Rodgers
7-6 Flacco
6-6 Matt Ryan
9-2 Wilson
7-4 Alex Smith
5-6 McNair
5-6 Stafford

Somehow Romo only has 10.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Kalli posted:

Somehow Romo only has 10.

The Cowboys v Bills MNF game should count three times.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im genuinely perplexed about Drew Brees having that many number of appearances

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
After Katrina when the Saints got good I bet they got a gently caress ton of prime time games for a good few years. I have done absolutely no research to confirm this theory.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Barudak posted:

Im genuinely perplexed about Drew Brees having that many number of appearances

They had 5 last year and 4 this year. That's 9 in the space of just 2 seasons.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

They had 5 last year and 4 this year. That's 9 in the space of just 2 seasons.

That list is just MNFs, I think, not all prime times

Edit: Brady is veeeeeery slightly less likely to win on MNF than his entire career so its the ideal matchup

Barudak fucked around with this message at 13:09 on Dec 4, 2019

cpranger
Nov 6, 2009

I want you to take out Big Bird's knees.

Barudak posted:

That list is just MNFs, I think, not all prime times

Edit: Brady is veeeeeery slightly less likely to win on MNF than his entire career so its the ideal matchup

Good teams or teams with stories are on MNF twice a season. 23 of his upcoming 25 MNF appearances have been with the Saints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

cpranger posted:

Good teams or teams with stories are on MNF twice a season. 23 of his upcoming 25 MNF appearances have been with the Saints.

And then there's the Giants.