Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

bows1 posted:

Im not sure why they don't give him more touches (besides some weird alliance with Gordon) he's been great all season

It's Gordon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

Demon Of The Fall posted:

He was torching the Titans all night but then towards the end of the game they just stopped using him and I always thought that was really dumb.

a neat cape posted:

It's Gordon.

This is it, essentially.

The offense completely poo poo the bed midseason when Gordon came back from his holdout and they tried making him the focal point of the offense instead of splitting it 60/40 between him and Ekeler. Once the latter started getting more involved in the offense again, it started working a lot more smoothly.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

remember preseason when everyone was tipping the chargers to win the afcw
lol

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i've been seeing the chargers as the dark horse AFC winner for the past like 5 years

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

The Ravens prolific run game was bottled up in Sunday. One reason why is because the Bills defensive line held like crazy:

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/bs-sp-ravens-bills-film-study-20191211-vvencm6xujfn3nrm6ftrkjvs6e-story.html

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Ah, an entire feature complaining about uncalled holding after a win. Love to see it.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

does winning mean it didnt happen or something

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
If u win it means you cant complain about anything

If you lose it means you can say and blame whoever or whatever you want for the loss and be a giant baby about it

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

fsif posted:

Ah, an entire feature complaining about uncalled holding after a win. Love to see it.
Yeah, as we well know, there weren't any other questionable calls made, and certainly nothing happened that benefited the Ravens, the team that won a road game over a playoff contender. How will they ever recover?

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

fsif posted:

LMAO the Ravens got away with a bunch of poo poo in that game what even is this?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Yeah, the refs basically handed Baltimore their entire last drive.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I posted it because it’s an interesting analysis on one reason the Ravens rushing attack wasn’t as prolific as usual. Seemed like decent content for the Aftermath thread.

Another funny thing - this was the play where Hollywood Brown got crushed on the screen. If you watch closely the offensive line did absolutely zero blocking, so even though most of the Bills D bit on Lamar’s bootleg it didn’t matter. Really confused about what the line was thinking here.

https://youtu.be/lYzE5CMeruQ

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Sour Diesel posted:

does winning mean it didnt happen or something

Yes.

If the Patriots win it means they didn't cheat.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AndrewP posted:

Another funny thing - this was the play where Hollywood Brown got crushed on the screen. If you watch closely the offensive line did absolutely zero blocking, so even though most of the Bills D bit on Lamar’s bootleg it didn’t matter. Really confused about what the line was thinking here.

https://youtu.be/lYzE5CMeruQ

I pointed this out in the GDT when it happened and got mad even though I didn't really care who won. Two Bills within 15 yards of the ball on that side of the field, four offensive linemen out in front of the receiver. But all those linemen out in front just let those two Bills get behind them so the play was DOA.

e: Ha it was all 5 linemen out in front of that.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Dec 11, 2019

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

3 lovely bills fans furiously checking the aftermath thread to make sure no one accuses their team of holding lmao

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Oh what the heck that is just horrible. I remember looking at that and thinking it was just a bad play and they snuffed it out. But come on! Why are the Ravens consistently one of the worst screen teams in football? I hate it.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he broke on the ball before it was thrown, ronnie was looking inside for someone to block and our lg was too slow to reach him. as usual it needs to be pointed out the other team is allowed to play, and even play well.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Ghost Dog posted:

he broke on the ball before it was thrown, ronnie was looking inside for someone to block and our lg was too slow to reach him. as usual it needs to be pointed out the other team is allowed to play, and even play well.

That's a good detail to keep an eye on and now that you say that I can see it. Either way, we need to work on getting better at our screens. Whether its Brown or the line. They could be real useful for us but we just can't do them.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Two dudes shouldn’t get through five offensive linemen.

They had some good screens at other points, though, this was just particularly ugly because Hollywood got his rear end kicked

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Ravens' offense was definitely off their game against Buffalo. I also remember the one play where Ingram was on the wrong side of Jackson's fake handoff and busted the whole play. Whoever was responsible I don't know. But it was a mess. Need to tighten up.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ghost Dog posted:

3 lovely bills fans furiously checking the aftermath thread to make sure no one accuses their team of holding lmao

Not really op

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I’m shocked that this is the guy’s introduction to linemen holding all the drat time and not getting called

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
It's also worth pointing out that if the OL get the timing right — i.e. they're blocking before Jackson turns to make the throw — the Bills secondary probably would've picked up on it. They bit as hard as they did precisely because the OL was out there looking like a bunch of schlubs who weren't part of the play anymore.

Similarly, it takes Jackson a second to turn and make the screen throw because he really sold the run to that side, so he had a lot of momentum to shed. If he doesn't do that, he makes the throw faster, but the Bills don't shift as hard.