Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

CyberPingu posted:

I want a 8-8/7-9-1 NFCE winner to at least get to the NFCCG just to see Twitter meltdowns saying "URGGGGH, you should have to have a winning record to be in the playoffs"

Also then I want Zeke or whomever to Beastquake the 12-4 visiting team into an open grave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
We've had 2 non winning record teams in the playoffs this decade and they both managed to win their wild card game. The system is fine.

Edit: first was the beastquake and the other was the Panthers beating Ryan Lindley, the Cards had no chance.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Kalli posted:

Also then I want Zeke or whomever to Beastquake the 12-4 visiting team into an open grave.

Sanders*

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Kalli posted:

Not gonna lie, seahawks getting zekequaked by a 7-9 cowboys team would have me laugh really really hard.

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

CyberPingu posted:

I want a 8-8/7-9-1 NFCE winner to at least get to the NFCCG just to see Twitter meltdowns saying "URGGGGH, you should have to have a winning record to be in the playoffs"

They'll have a winning record then! :v:

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

feels like the cards mostly clinched 6oa in the draft. detroit winning @den and GB is possible if GB sits guys. dolphins have to beat bengals and patriots. the funny one is washington and the giants could easily beat each other and then the eagles or the cowboys.

this felt like the signature win for the cardinals this season. we're on the way up, and our record isn't good but there's hope and talent. the falcons win looks a little bit better now, lol, but this was the last gasp for the browns and we beat them.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

colachute posted:

I want an NFCE team to win the super bowl this year to confuse everybody.

The most likely winner of the NFCE would be the Cowboys.

Do you really want the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl?

Them in the NFCCG and losing would be pretty fun, especially if it ends up being DAL/SF.

Meanwhile Winston funslinged his way to a victory against the inept Lions. Maybe they'll grab Tua in the draft… :(

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Android Apocalypse posted:

The most likely winner of the NFCE would be the Cowboys.

Do you really want the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl?

It would literally result in Garrett being employed there forever, so yeah, worth it

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Nothing is guaranteed in Jerry Jones' world.

colachute
Mar 15, 2015

Taerkar posted:

Nothing is guaranteed in Jerry Jones' world.

Being around .500 is probably as close as you will get though.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Fifty Three posted:

I'm genuinely happy that the Buffalo Bills Football Men are going to the playoffs again but I would have much preferred that they accomplish it without drastically reducing the Pittsburgh Steelers' chances at also going to the playoffs, thanks for listening

If the Pittsburgh Steelers Football Men cannot beat Buffalo, perhaps they are not good enough to go to the playoffs.

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Maxwells Demon posted:

If the Pittsburgh Steelers Football Men cannot beat Buffalo, perhaps they are not good enough to go to the playoffs.
I do not believe in athletic merit-based playoff berths. As an example, I believe the New England Patriots should never return to the playoffs regardless of athletic performance. Rather, I believe in playoffs determined entirely by my rooting interests.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

colachute posted:

I want an NFCE team to win the super bowl this year to confuse everybody.

I mean, Dallas doing that is not out of the realm of possibility. They've had a really weird season and lost to some bad teams but they are still capable of beating good teams and have the number one offense by yardage in the NFL. It would be a shame if they manage to drag the better teams in the division down to their level and beat them just so they can lose to the AFC (Patriots probably, knowing our luck) team

If they do make it there they almost certainly won't actually win

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

really queer Christmas posted:

Not gonna lie, seahawks getting zekequaked by a 7-9 cowboys team would have me laugh really really hard.

Unfortunately, the dream of a 7-9 NFCE champ died this week with both Dallas and Philadelphia winning. Worst record the champ could have would be 7-8-1 and that's only if the Eagles & Cowboys tie next week and both lost week 17.

The NFCE champ is probably going to be 9-7 and on a 3 or 4 game winning streak heading into the wildcard game.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

really queer Christmas posted:

It’s gonna be the 49ers :getin:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Mr. Nice! posted:

Unfortunately, the dream of a 7-9 NFCE champ died this week with both Dallas and Philadelphia winning. Worst record the champ could have would be 7-8-1 and that's only if the Eagles & Cowboys tie next week and both lost week 17.

The NFCE champ is probably going to be 9-7 and on a 3 or 4 game winning streak heading into the wildcard game.

The NFC east crushes dreams even when they do good

:smith:

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.barstoolsports.com/military/the-jaguars-get-absolutely-hammered-in-a-statement-from-the-nflpa-tom-coughlin-has-gotta-go

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
Vikings doled out a beating on the Chargers. the only reason why it didn't look even worse is because they mostly held Minnesota to FGs instead of TDs. offense was absolutely embarrassing. Playoffs can't come soon enough so I don't have to watch this team for the rest of the season.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

No Irish Need Imply posted:

The Ravens, who are a good team because they are smart and progressive, somehow being cursed to never beat Cleveland in exchange for constant excellence would be a fun lil timeline quirk.

The Pats drop some inexplicable doofy-rear end game to the Dolphins every single year and it’s worked out ok for them.

Kalli posted:

A deep playoff run might doom Dallas to another decade of Jason Garrett, too, so I am into this :hmmyes:

Docjowles fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Dec 17, 2019

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
As best as I can imagine, getting to the NFCCG might get Jason Garrett one more year at best.

A full extension requires a super bowl trophy. That's the only way. I've never seen Jerruh talk poo poo about coaching the way he has with Garrett this season. He spends more time jerking it to opposing coaches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

Shinjobi posted:

As best as I can imagine, getting to the NFCCG might get Jason Garrett one more year at best.

A full extension requires a super bowl trophy. That's the only way. I've never seen Jerruh talk poo poo about coaching the way he has with Garrett this season. He spends more time jerking it to opposing coaches.

If Garrett wins a Super Bowl, Jerry will murder his own children and Dak and make Garrett the first owner/coach/quarterback in NFL history.