Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

even after i spent all day slaving away on a "you're home" feast

heartless.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Chic Trombone posted:

even after i spent all day slaving away on a "you're home" feast

heartless.....

Italia is still nice, but there are no sandwiches and grapes!

Endless pizza has its own charm, though.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

.....we've been cultivating grapes for centuries, you just usually don't eat them?? or didn't i guess

where did you think we got the wine? olives?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Chic Trombone posted:

.....we've been cultivating grapes for centuries, you just usually don't eat them?? or didn't i guess

where did you think we got the wine? olives?

yes

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
Our grapes are way better tho

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I am confused by this soft cheese.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Feeling pretty invincible right now. I had my messengers tell the caesar we survived a harsh battle in Palestine, but actually, between you and me, we basically just walked in and took it. I'm excited to get a completely unearned bonus from the boss. Also, the women here are practically throwing themselves on me without even having to pay them! I'm guessing they hated the Egyptian occupation quite a bit. Goodbye empty wallet, hello good times!

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd
Caesar Kerius

So many lives lost in a cause that cannot be won, and for what? That a warmonger may seize the throne of Rome for their own? Fie.

Surrender now, soldiers of Egypt, for yours is a fight that cannot be won. Your coastline is vulnerable and your armies failing, your youth bleed out on desert sands and shan't be seen again. You will be treated fairly, and with honor, as is your colleague already enjoying my hospitality.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Tiberius Gracchus, Champion of Egypt, Consul

Sweet victory. If you had asked me months ago whether I would long to smell the field of battle, to slowly wipe my iron down of blood after slaying the weak plebians who fight for demon faux Caesars, or to pillage their encampments of whatever wealth I could find, I'd call you a mad man. But it's all I want now. It's what I need. I sit here idly waiting for the next assault. When will it come? Who will it be against?

When the last Caesar died... what was her name... Emperor... Empress... who cares. But when she died, I had some cause that I was fighting for. Something I believed in. Now, I just believe in blood. And I'll have yours on my blade.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i have barely found time to cumpo compou write letters this week. the egyptions aremaking my life a living hell. ive seen so much blood i cannot sleep of late... my men are suffering dew to my sleeplessness and my sten stanog my write person was slain rite in the middle of the village yesterday. the troops are scared but i have to keep a brave face on. its getting harder everyday. i pray this war is over soon. please athena, grant me sleep for one nite...

Amnistar
Nov 6, 2008

I am a wizard, not a poet.
The voices have grown louder. The scream at me. Orders were sent home in accordance with the World Eater's Will.

Apparently to win this war I simply need to send all of my forces south against Krysma. The orders were sent and I go to the edge of the pit to commune once more with the World Eater.

It has been several days and word has reached me that the orders I sent were carried out faithfully...andall of my forces lie at the bottom of the sea.

The voices echo in my mind. My future is clear.

I shall become one with the World Eater.

This world has fallen to far to be saved.

Veni, vidi, amissa

sniper4625
Sep 26, 2009

Loyal to the hEnd

Amnistar posted:

The voices have grown louder. The scream at me. Orders were sent home in accordance with the World Eater's Will.

Apparently to win this war I simply need to send all of my forces south against Krysma. The orders were sent and I go to the edge of the pit to commune once more with the World Eater.

It has been several days and word has reached me that the orders I sent were carried out faithfully...andall of my forces lie at the bottom of the sea.

The voices echo in my mind. My future is clear.

I shall become one with the World Eater.

This world has fallen to far to be saved.

Veni, vidi, amissa

:smith:

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

*in old yeller voice*

rest in peace, caesar doggo

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

hey man, just making sure everyone's still having a good time here

i know long grindy stalemates are pretty draining sometimes, so.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010
One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One ceasar's war is another is another ceasars peace
One galley's pride is a fourfold galleys sorrow
Their wood both wrecks the sands that they love

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Chic Trombone posted:

hey man, just making sure everyone's still having a good time here

i know long grindy stalemates are pretty draining sometimes, so.

Not particularly

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Krysmphoenix posted:

One kingdom's fall is another kingdom's freedom
One ceasar's war is another is another ceasars peace
One galley's pride is a fourfold galleys sorrow
Their wood both wrecks the sands that they love

Tonight for unsung sins atone!
This night you need not walk alone!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Tiberius Gracchus, Champion of Cyrenaica, Consul

Lay down your arms before I cut them off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
pwease let my team win pwease uwu im just a lil soft harmless lady pwase