Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ForbiddenSock
May 12, 2020

Would using Nike brand socks for my seed be a cool flex?
I am fully equipped to accept punishment over this, but I am a huge fan of the No More Heroes series (even the spin off nobody talks about). I would humbly request any fellow fans to come and share their opinions about the series and what they like about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
one completely random detail that still sticks with me after all these years is the fat guy enemies in 2 shouting "Trouble in your virtual world?" I just really like the delivery of that line for some reason

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
It's a pretty good series, some good bosses, some bad ones, not much else to say.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I admire Suda51's determination to not give fucks. The trailer for 3 was like six minutes of Anime ET before they casually went "oh it's NMH3"

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
That motorcycle you have in the first game is pretty cool. I was one of those weirdos who was sad that they got rid of an actual overworld space in the second game.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

C-Euro posted:

That motorcycle you have in the first game is pretty cool. I was one of those weirdos who was sad that they got rid of an actual overworld space in the second game.

I'm aware of Suda 51 putting the overworld and having it be pointless and empty as a joke but it became less and less funny as the game went on.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i hope no more heroes 3 is good, and look forward to playing it when it comes to pc 15 years after it's released on the switch, assuming anyone's left alive by then

ForbiddenSock
May 12, 2020

Judge Tesla posted:

I'm aware of Suda 51 putting the overworld and having it be pointless and empty as a joke but it became less and less funny as the game went on.

The open world wasn't great, but I felt like it added to the gravity of how normal life is supposed to be. The wacky poo poo was balanced juuuust right against the grim boredom of daily life and it made me feel way more emotional than I should have XD

ForbiddenSock
May 12, 2020

Defiance Industries posted:

I admire Suda51's determination to not give fucks. The trailer for 3 was like six minutes of Anime ET before they casually went "oh it's NMH3"

I was hyped but then sad that they didn't make any more trailers besides that E3 one where Travis gets the cyber suit.

TheDiceMustRoll
Jul 23, 2018

Judge Tesla posted:

I don't think it was a joke, its just that GHM is a small studio.

I really wish people would stop doing this with Suda games.

>ha ha! the screen tearing in Killer Is Dead is actually a BRILLIANT satire of uhhh unreal engine games!!!!!!!!

>minimap in No More Heroes is worthless? Ha! It's actually a BRILLIANT satire of uhhh minimaps, which are actually almost always universally extremely helpful, so uh, yeha, brilliant satire!

>lovely gameplay thing? Satire. Brilliant. Etc.

Like his storytelling is wild and crazy and awesome but his games are juuuuust kind of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
I’m pretty sure he’s actually said “yeah, we meant to put in actual poo poo in there but ran out of time”, so yeah.