Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LiterallyTheWurst
Feb 5, 2015

Sendik's Original
It’s been probably 12 years since I’ve played disc golf consistently and I’ve been slowing down like people here recommend. Definitely helped my accuracy off the tee but I still need to work on putting.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Anybody else getting the Zone GT testers? It’s two discs: a Zone with a Banger top and a Zone with a Ringer top. I’ve been throwing my Zone a lot recently, so I’m excited. Ordered from Another Round last night.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
New disc idea: a Zone-GT-Tester but with the top taken from a Zone. I call it the Zone-GT-Zone-Tester II.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

I went to a frolf glamping destination this weekend and of course had to pick up a disc at the pro shop. Snagged an entropy, put it in the zone spot, and so far I like it. It's like between a zone and zone OS.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Threw my Grace into the brush today, found it, threw my up shot, then left it on the ground like a dumbass. The guy playing behind us found it and called me before I even realized it was gone. First lost disk I've had returned. It does happen!

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Trash Panda’s yearly used disc swap is going on right now. Sign up to spread some holiday cheer. https://trashpandadiscgolf.com/pages/holiday-disc-swap

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

NickRoweFillea posted:

Trash Panda’s yearly used disc swap is going on right now. Sign up to spread some holiday cheer. https://trashpandadiscgolf.com/pages/holiday-disc-swap

This is cool. Signed up.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
loving marketing got me again. I got the Gyropalooza box and the Discmania mystery box.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

NickRoweFillea posted:

loving marketing got me again. I got the Gyropalooza box and the Discmania mystery box.

I throw a total eclipse envy from last year’s gyro box every round I play. I also ordered this year’s.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
Just picked up a Gyropalooza box and a Time Lapse from my local shop this morning. My mystery discs were all mostly understable, which is great for me, so I'm happy. I got an Atom (3 3 0 1), an Echo (5 5 -1.5 1), an Ascend (6 5 -3 0.5), a glow Lift (9 5 -2 1.5), a Defy (11 5 -1 3), and a Relativity (14.5 5.5 -3 1.5). All but the Atom and the Lift are Neutron or Cosmic Neutron.

The Atom is weird, I can't figure out what plastic it is. It feels like Fission, but their website says the Atom only comes in Proton and Electron (and Cosmic Electron). It's a lab second, so maybe it is Fission and they haven't released it yet?

The full glow Glitch is cool. My kids and I spent like an hour throwing glow discs at the basket in the back yard last night, and this will make a welcome addition.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Muir posted:

Just picked up a Gyropalooza box and a Time Lapse from my local shop this morning. My mystery discs were all mostly understable, which is great for me, so I'm happy. I got an Atom (3 3 0 1), an Echo (5 5 -1.5 1), an Ascend (6 5 -3 0.5), a glow Lift (9 5 -2 1.5), a Defy (11 5 -1 3), and a Relativity (14.5 5.5 -3 1.5). All but the Atom and the Lift are Neutron or Cosmic Neutron.

The Atom is weird, I can't figure out what plastic it is. It feels like Fission, but their website says the Atom only comes in Proton and Electron (and Cosmic Electron). It's a lab second, so maybe it is Fission and they haven't released it yet?

The full glow Glitch is cool. My kids and I spent like an hour throwing glow discs at the basket in the back yard last night, and this will make a welcome addition.

I got the same atom, echo and lift. Other three were a lab seconds copy of this year’s hex, lab seconds time lapse, and a servo. Pretty happy. I will throw the seconds hex and the glitch for sure and I want to check out the detour.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Brain Curry posted:

I got the same atom, echo and lift. Other three were a lab seconds copy of this year’s hex, lab seconds time lapse, and a servo. Pretty happy. I will throw the seconds hex and the glitch for sure and I want to check out the detour.

A lab seconds Time Lapse, that’s awesome.

I love midranges and I love understable discs, but the Detour is going up against the Echo, the Uplink, and the Thought Space Mana, just among discs MVP manufactures that I already use, so I’m not sure what place it will find for me.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
My Gyropalooza and Discmania mystery boxes came in. The Gyropalooza one was kinda disappointing. A lab second Glitch, another glow hex, a glow resistor, and a couple of high speed drivers that my arm can’t use (teleport, wave). There was a dyer’s delite white Volt, though. The Discmania box was much kinder to me. I got one of the Neo PDs and another Iron Samurai IV.

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

NickRoweFillea posted:

My Gyropalooza and Discmania mystery boxes came in. The Gyropalooza one was kinda disappointing. A lab second Glitch, another glow hex, a glow resistor, and a couple of high speed drivers that my arm can’t use (teleport, wave). There was a dyer’s delite white Volt, though. The Discmania box was much kinder to me. I got one of the Neo PDs and another Iron Samurai IV.

Don't give up on the Wave, it's pretty flippy. My fellow low arm speed folks like it a lot.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Yeah give that Wave a shot before counting it out. It's a great disc, even if you don't have a gigantic arm. If you can make use of a PD, you can throw a Wave.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Wave gang chiming in. That discs bombs without a lot of arm speed

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Word! I’ll give it a shot then! Thanks yall.

headcase
Sep 28, 2001

Also on the noodle arm wave train. I Have a fission and a cosmic neutron and they are pretty much the only distance drivers I throw. Neutron always comes back to center. Fission always flips.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-DnwS25zq9CcQ-uOUDVg64P7hgvAAyxoEukiKIZP9xE/edit

Looking to sell some stuff. If you’re interested, send me a PM or respond in the thread. I’m happy to provide pictures upon request!

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Went out yesterday and took our 5 year daughter. She carried my marker and would throw it down near the basket to take her turn. She really enjoyed it, it was hard for me to show her how to throw because she's a lefty. This morning she made me a picture of us playing together. :3:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Got some serious distance with a dyed Inertia. The tales are true, dyed discs fly farther

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Wow. Y’all weren’t kidding about the Wave. That thing bombed for me today. Immediate addition to the bag.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Went to see if I could get a Chroma FD since I love my Iron Samurai so much and SHEEEEEEEESH 💸💸💸

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

OTB has a couple regular-ish price options if you aren't picky about color or stamp.

https://otbdiscs.com/?s=Chroma+fd&post_type=product

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
DG in 15 degree weather is sure something different. Guess I had a reason to break out the Virus again, or anything super understable.

(please just let it be 35-40 again)

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just unlocked another 50 feet on my drive by focusing on reaching back further on my…swing. Also my buddy just got his first ace.

First throw on a disc. First ace. Wow.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Usdgc distance comp is up

https://youtu.be/2qRYlfa8ldM

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Eliezra Midtlyng can throw so loving far, drat. And only 16 years old, too.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

Eliezra Midtlyng can throw so loving far, drat. And only 16 years old, too.

She doesn’t practice distance lines either. Just smashes on drives. I’m excited to see where the limits of this sport are in 5-10 years

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm a confirmed Discmania guy now. Holy moly the FD and CD1 are just so good...

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I love the FD. I just bought a couple of the Night Stones (FD in Neo plastic from the mystery boxes) because the mold is so clutch.

I got to play a round with my best friend recently, who happened to introduce me to the game, and while we were playing, he said that I should try to keep my shoulders level when I throw. I’ve been working with that and it has made a world of difference in terms of distance and accuracy. Granted, I’m only throwing 7 speeds and below.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Music City Open got suspended today because someone called in a death threat against Natalie Ryan. I love this sport, but the people who play it leave a lot to be desired.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

NickRoweFillea posted:

Music City Open got suspended today because someone called in a death threat against Natalie Ryan. I love this sport, but the people who play it leave a lot to be desired.

I'm so frustrated to hear this! I half want to check r/discgolf but I know it'll ruin my day.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Salt Fish posted:

I'm so frustrated to hear this! I half want to check r/discgolf but I know it'll ruin my day.

The official updates are being posted on https://www.dgpt.com/event-updates/ if you want to avoid the assholes on reddit

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I lost all respect for all the women players who signed the transphobic letter about Natalie, gently caress all of them. I am pleasantly the PDGA did go back on their shittiness, though

Blurb3947
Sep 30, 2022
Finally hit 400ft, but can only seem to do it with a Scorch. Also not sure how I’ve been able to get to it as I couldn’t break 360ft for the longest time. My form doesn’t seem that much different but perhaps my timing was better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

I am pleasantly the PDGA did go back on their shittiness, though

I mean, it was about as begrudging as it could be without an actual court order being required.