Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

twistedmentat posted:

Morph's been shown to be able to use the powers of pretty much everyone he's turned into. He had Psylock's psi katana and used Illyana's portals.

Yeah, based on what we've seen in the show it certainly seems like it's "turn into another mutant with all their mutant abilities" no matter what their powers were in past seasons or in the comics. I'm on board for it since it makes for plenty of fun cameos, though I really want to see a big hero moment where they turn into 10+ mutants in one continuous shot (or near continuous as maybe things go into the foreground to block them briefly as they shift forms) and adapt to use a bunch of different powers in quick succession. Then they could be exhausted after and toss out a line like "morphing that much really takes it out of me" to help explain why they aren't solving fights against Sentinels by just turning into Magneto for 5 minutes straight or whatever. There really ought to be a few cases of "Morph turns into an X-men and they do a team-up attack with the same power" such as suddenly having two Storms throwing mega lightning around.

I think it's probably too late to do those sorts of things this season, but hopefully next season they get to do more properly interesting things with Morph's powerset. I also have a soft spot overall for characters that are able to mimic the powers of other characters since I just think that's a fun power to have, and it'd be high up on my list of possible powers I'd want if I could have a superpower in Marvel/DC-like world full of people with wild abilities/powers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
Does he look like Chameleon in the comics as well?

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
never watched the X-Men: Dark Phoenix or Apocalypse movies, maybe I should get on it just to complete the viewing circuit

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

NowonSA posted:

Morph stuff

Morph doesn’t work like that. The original show runner confirmed:

https://x.com/beaudemayo/status/1783161417409196419?s=46&t=358N-EjOZD-eCZ03iPTJfA

Also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkst9mT_0P8

DiscoJ fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Apr 26, 2024

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
It's cool that he replies to questions. I really want to ask if all the goddess motifs are intentional...but I don't want to make a Twitter account.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
It's interesting how invested he still is in the show even after being unceremoniously dismissed.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

*doki* *doki*
with how good is it, they should just bring him back.
I don't care that he has an onlyfans

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I mean.... Angel's powers have to be more than just physical since those wings would do gently caress all for him to fly, let alone when we see him just hover

I guess he could be doing something with air or density or whatever but physical/non is a pretty fuzzy distinction

Is what storm does physical? Or magneto? It's not psychic or obviously "magical" in that it just manipulates existing physical laws/ matter/ energy

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

After Mr. Sinister got done experimenting with Morph they could do a lot more than just mimic humanoid appearances, in the episode where they first came back they turned into a rhino and smashed the gently caress out of Wolverine with clearly superhuman strength and mass. And in that clip there they displayed superhuman strength again when shifted into Sasquatch, it's not difficult to believe they could also downshift their mass to replicate Angel's hollow bones as well as recreate his wings.

Onomarchus
Jun 4, 2005

Codependent Poster posted:

I don't think Apocalypse would send sentinels to kill a bunch of mutants. Sinister would make more sense along with Bastion.

Give it up, Beau, we know it's you. Sorry Rhonda Santis made Iger fire you.
Oh well, I didn't quite know it, but I guess I did want to see a sentinel as one of the horsemen. Maybe next year.

Music choice on this show has gotten Veronika Voss level weird and I love it.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

GateOfD posted:

with how good is it, they should just bring him back.
I don't care that he has an onlyfans

Wait is that why they fired him???

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Shoehead posted:

No it was apparently for being difficult to work with.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Shoehead posted:

There hasn't been an official explanation.

However, there have been allegations - not proven - that he sexually harassed people in the office and generally was problematic to work with, and he agreed to not fight being politely let go in exchange for them not pressing the issue legally.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
sounds like netflix castlevania all over again tbh

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Now I wanna see Morph turn into Magneto to fight and then get LOOKS from everyone else.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster
ScarJo's undisclosed Marvel project is a Disney+ series that (I assume) involves Black Widow.

Not much info beyond that.

They stopped production during the writer's strike and have recently started up on it again.

Courtney Baker is an executive producer.

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1783604291045077399

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

ScarJo's undisclosed Marvel project is a Disney+ series that (I assume) involves Black Widow.

Not much info beyond that.

They stopped production during the writer's strike and have recently started up on it again.

Courtney Baker is an executive producer.

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1783604291045077399

i cannot overstate how not interested I am. It sucks that she didn't get the chance to do solo stuff early on, but Natasha's story is over.

Sloth Life
Nov 15, 2014

Built for comfort and speed!
Fallen Rib
Agreed. I don't blame ScarJo for wanting to squeeze the marvel coin purse for every last penny though, her character deserved more recognition upfront and early.

kliras
Mar 27, 2021
marvel probably also just want to barely meet their contractual obligations to let her lawyers check a box when the show's made so they don't catch more crap from when they screwed her over on the disney+ residuals

kliras fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Apr 26, 2024

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Black Widow's new show will be called Mysterious Takeover. She will investigate a rogue cadre of Kree who have infiltrated the upper echelons of governments on earth.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

live with fruit posted:

Does he look like Chameleon in the comics as well?

Kind of? Morph in the comics was pretty much a non-character in the 60's OG X-Men run named "Changeling." He wore a weird purple Galactus hat, had a couple of villainous outings against the X-Men, then had a face-turn where he impersonated Professor X and died while Prof was out in space or some other bs.

When the 92 show started, he was put in the team as a red shirt to die in the first ep and establish there were stakes (which were of course undone not long after).

Back in the comics, "Changeling" was long forgotten (and his name's copyright was taken up by DC Comics for a brief rename of Beast Boy in the 80s), but was brought back as "Morph" in the Age of Apocalypse crossover. This is where the "Chameleon" look comes from, and a few years later they brought the character back, albeit from another dimension and with a personality more in-line with the 92 show, for the Exiles run of comics. This Morph is a beloved C-lister who has bopped around in various Exiles-related runs, though they have yet to return to any sort of main-line run of X-Men books.

Here's a primer on Exiles Morph.

There's also a "new/young Morph" that was introduced in the last decade or so, but this version is a big ol' nothing who mostly looks like his 92 counterpart.

97 Morph is like a mishmash of the Exiles Morph in their appearance and powerset (waiting for Morph to get blasted into goo and reform; Exiles Morph was pretty much made of invincible playdoh), but with added PTSD from his heel run in Sinister's crew.

edit: Just watched this week's ep, Morph got blasted into goo and will probably be OK, so I guess I don't have to wait anymore!

BodyMassageMachine fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Apr 26, 2024

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Kind of? Morph in the comics was pretty much a non-character in the 60's OG X-Men run named "Changeling." He wore a weird purple Galactus hat, had a couple of villainous outings against the X-Men, then had a face-turn where he impersonated Professor X and died while Prof was out in space or some other bs.

When the 92 show started, he was put in the team as a red shirt to die in the first ep and establish there were stakes (which were of course undone not long after).

Back in the comics, "Changeling" was long forgotten (and his name's copyright was taken up by DC Comics for a brief rename of Beast Boy in the 80s), but was brought back as "Morph" in the Age of Apocalypse crossover. This is where the "Chameleon" look comes from, and a few years later they brought the character back, albeit from another dimension and with a personality more in-line with the 92 show, for the Exiles run of comics. This Morph is a beloved C-lister who has bopped around in various Exiles-related runs, though they have yet to return to any sort of main-line run of X-Men books.

Here's a primer on Exiles Morph.

There's also a "new/young Morph" that was introduced in the last decade or so, but this version is a big ol' nothing who mostly looks like his 92 counterpart.

97 Morph is like a mishmash of the Exiles Morph in their appearance and powerset (waiting for Morph to get blasted into goo and reform; Exiles Morph was pretty much made of invincible playdoh), but with added PTSD from his heel run in Sinister's crew.

edit: Just watched this week's ep, Morph got blasted into goo and will probably be OK, so I guess I don't have to wait anymore!

I think that Site is wrong for considering Changling and Morph to be the same character as they are nothing alike. Morph was started as being created for the show, and was introduced to the comics after.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

MonsterEnvy posted:

I think that Site is wrong for considering Changling and Morph to be the same character as they are nothing alike. Morph was started as being created for the show, and was introduced to the comics after.

I can get behind that. However, it can also make sense to consider them variants of the same character since they are both Kevin Sydney.

Morph was definitely made for the show and it seems like a retcon was made to make it work. The way I look at it, animated series Morph led to AoA Morph which led to Exiles Morph. In 97, they took the general look that started with AoA Morph, added a dash of Exiles Morph’s personality, and mixed that with animated series Morph.

To this day, I’m shocked they never made Morph or Mimic work in 616 after Exiles.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Apr 26, 2024

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL3xZlclE7E

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

As someone who plays Morph in Marvel Snap, I just hope they never try to transform into MODOK, or that's really going to mess up the X-Men. Except for Wolverine, he'll be fine.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

iceyman posted:

Black Widow's new show will be called Mysterious Takeover. She will investigate a rogue cadre of Kree who have infiltrated the upper echelons of governments on earth.

It took me way too long to figure out this joke and I entirely blame Marvel.

Mappo
Apr 27, 2009

DiscoJ posted:

Morph doesn’t work like that. The original show runner confirmed:

https://x.com/beaudemayo/status/1783161417409196419?s=46&t=358N-EjOZD-eCZ03iPTJfA

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but Morph's old VA plays the president in Episode 7.

I would really like another "Wolverine goes off somewhere to cool off and things go down." episode. I guess I'll have to wait till next season.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Mimic mimics the powers of those he comes into contact with, like Rogue but with no ill effects (like Synch.) He has the powers of the Original Five on a permanent basis since they hung out a long enough in the 60's before taking a bullet or whatever for Xavier and spending a year dead for tax purposes. So he has Punch Dimension Eyes and wings and ice and psychic powers and Beast's original power set.

Morph is a different guy, last I checked. They are a shapeshifter, like Mystique. Enough people thought he was cooler than Mimic enough (because they are) so they made the Age of Apocalypse and later Exiles version into that one.

They may be variants of themselves, but their powers are not really the same at all, even with Sinister's meddling.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Mimic mimics the powers of those he comes into contact with, like Rogue but with no ill effects (like Synch.) He has the powers of the Original Five on a permanent basis since they hung out a long enough in the 60's before taking a bullet or whatever for Xavier and spending a year dead for tax purposes. So he has Punch Dimension Eyes and wings and ice and psychic powers and Beast's original power set.

Morph is a different guy, last I checked. They are a shapeshifter, like Mystique. Enough people thought he was cooler than Mimic enough (because they are) so they made the Age of Apocalypse and later Exiles version into that one.

They may be variants of themselves, but their powers are not really the same at all, even with Sinister's meddling.

Mimic and Morph were both on the Exiles simultaneously for a good while. Both were original members of the team. The Exiles version of Morph is purely a more advanced shapeshifter and can't copy powers but his body is just like clay in that he can torn apart and put back together. He's basically the jokester of the team.

X-O fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Apr 27, 2024

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Holy poo poo I haven't thought about Bastion in years but the moment I saw his fuzzy image when Gyrich had his glasses off it all came flooding back to me and I realized they were doing the "humans have been turned in Sentinel Sleeper Agents" storyline from the comics and it made absolutely perfect sense.

Also, "How does it feel to be abandoned by the future?" followed immediately by the future showing up to save Scott was :discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Mimic is diffrenent the guy Changling who was also in the 60s.

Mimic also didn't even need to touch people, just being in fairly close proximity would allow them to copy their abilities. He's also not a mutant, he got his powers from a science experiment and was initially a villain. He eventually joined the team, but it was mainly to satisfy his ego. He became a better person after losing his powers, but was probably written off the team cause he was as strong as the rest of the team combined.

Mappo posted:

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, but Morph's old VA plays the president in Episode 7.

I would really like another "Wolverine goes off somewhere to cool off and things go down." episode. I guess I'll have to wait till next season.

Who I think is Kelly. The normally anti mutant human who slowly turns into an ally.