Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Only possible through the power of VR!

Know that game thats been ported everywhere? It only stands to reason there would be a VR port as well. But this isn't release Skyrim VR, which I hear wasn't that good. I dunno, VR was a gimmick back then and I had no interest in it but now its legit. And now its got a lot of mods for it, along with whatever was made for skyrim special edition.

I only just got into this "video game" stuff and never heard of skyrim despite it being a 10 year old game!

You are the chosen one and this involves killing dragons. In theory. Usually you just browse around for a bunch of mods, install them, run a dungeon, realize something wasn't installed right, go back and rework your mod list, then you uninstall.

How is ths LP gonna be done?

I'll be going through the main story, dawnguard, dragonborne and the main guilds. I wont be touching the civil war story cause *blows fart noises from mouth*

Spoilers?

If I'm not currently in its story line, lets not talk about it. For side stuff go for it, I'm not really gonna be showing those off.

Hey you're the one with the video of modded skyrim and the tits right? Can't wait to see that in the LP ahahahaha

ahahahaha no I uninstalled that. But don't you worry, I got something that should satisfy that checklist of what people bring up the most in regards to skyrim mods.

Why Linkle?

Linkle owns and Nintendo sure as gently caress isn't gonna do anything with her

When will the updates be coming?

lol

Whats with the camera?

The way VR works is that there are 2 cameras, one to the left and another to the right for each eye. Combined this makes everything look centralized. In recording though its only through one eye, in this case its the right eye. I'll try to work with this as best as I can by closing my left eye to make sure I'm keeping the camera in mind. Another issue is that VR resolution is extremely high, not only that but if I were to try and fit the entire screen onto the canvas it'll have this octagonal black border around the entire screen.

I'll try to make sure anything of interest is on the bottom left of my right eye, its the best that I can do.

Videos

Linkle The Breton

Linkle The Thane

Linkle the Companion

Linkle's Companion

Linkle the Homeowner

Linkle's Cucco

Linkle the Chicken Chaser

Leal fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Nov 28, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theenglishman
Jun 24, 2009

It's so immersive, I truly feel like an Elder Scrolls V Skyrim!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Just wait until I reach Windhelm, you'll feel like you're actually there hearing a guard tell you about their retirement from being an adventurer!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Pet the Khajiit

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Post your mod-list

also wear an eyepatch when recording

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is there a mod that lets you feed your horse in VR

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Azza Bamboo posted:

Is there a mod that lets you feed your horse in VR

Sadly no. Also I may or may not ever remember that horses exist in this game.

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Post your mod-list

also wear an eyepatch when recording

If my patreon hits 1k I will punch a hole in one of the eyes in my headset.

And I guess I can show an edited version of my mod list

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Linkle the Thane

Today we get up close and personal with Daddy Balgruuf

E: I'm thinking of being a REAL LPer which means I gotta do thumbnails what do you all think of this one

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jan 19, 2021

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
It's lovely.

It sounds like you were talking about getting stuck with quest items in your inventory with weight, but presumably you know that quest items don't actually weigh anything? (Unless you have a mod that changes that, which would be a bad idea I'd think).

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Looks like I was wrong, the dragonstone shows weight when its in your inventory but it doesn't actually increase your encumbrance. Until it no longer becomes a quest item, then it starts to effect weight.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I'm coming to realize LPing a game where I need to stand and swing around with a job that has me lifting heavy boxes and leaving me exhausted at home is not a good combination and leads to weeks of delay. Wait its already been a month? God dammit

Linkle the Companion

Today we join the Companions, we kill an animal then trawl a dungeon. I also nerd out a bit on the concept of half swording

Leal fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 24, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Something interesting I discovered in heading back in and looting the place: Farkas actually drops his greatsword when he transforms into a werewolf, so you get a free skysteel greatsword out of it.

Yet he has another one when he turns back :tinfoil:

Also I found this in a corner of the dungeon

I plan on doing a highlight at the end, in fact the drinking a bottle of booze was gonna have an overlay of any loot highlights but the video was already running 40 minutes. To cut down on time, would it be too obnoxious if I were to start speeding up the running between fights?

E: Though ideally as we go on there will be less dialogue leading up to the various dungeon bits

Leal fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Feb 24, 2021

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Linkle's Companion

Today we hit peak skyrim: Crashes, quest buggery, lovingly detailed waifu companion, the works

E: And hey, I managed to get a backlog going on and I've completed the companion's questline. What should I hit up for my next guild?

College of Winterhold

Dark Brotherhood

Thieves Guild

I'll do one or 2 "buffer" videos where I chip away at some of the main quest and do a handful of other things. I'll also join the CoW just to get access to the spells, but can do another guild after that so don't let that affect your choice

Leal fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Mar 1, 2021

Guy Fawkes
Aug 1, 2014

Lvl 62, +5 meadow defense
College.

And, please, remove the Brotherood form Skyrim, with extreme prejudice.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Guy Fawkes posted:

College.

And, please, remove the Brotherood form Skyrim, with extreme prejudice.

But I already had plans to do Ocelot hand gestures after every assassination :(

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Linkle the Homeowner

Today we get the most important thing in the world: Private property. Also possibly murdered our neighbors

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its been a while and I know thats rather typical of my update schedule, but I did intend to actually be on top of that this year. But at the end of march everything kinda happened at once. First my headset broke the day I wanted to record something for april fools which pissed me right off and I didn't want to see anything vr related. By the time my headset got replaced I spoke with someone who works in the same company as me and kinda realized how much of a complete and utter scam my company's ESOP program is. I'm gonna be quitting at the start of next year and until then I've been setting myself to be prepared for this and can't really find the motivation to do vocal commentary, do the funny edits or hell, even put my headset back on again to record footage. If I can find the motivation I think it would be best that I hold onto videos and just bank them until next year where I don't have this hanging over me and can keep a consistent schedule.

Sorry I didn't came out sooner on this, its been something I was thinking on whether I would just put it on haitus or try and continue but as time went on I thought less and less on this. This will be back next year.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Linkle's Cucco

With the 10th anniversary coming up I should probably get out of my post resignation funk and get back to this!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Linkle the Harbinger

I hit the end of the companions questline. It ended like it started: Sudden and by killing an animal.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Linkle the Chicken Chaser

Today I knock out the side quests relating to our chicken. I also get to do the thing to Meridia's beacon that can only be possible through the power of VR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Linkle the N'wah

Today we start the Dragonborn DLC. I was gonna do Mage's Guild but it turns out there is some pretty useful stuff you get here that is better to have early on. I've also restarted my game, added a few mods, removed a few others, so I'm back down to level ~12ish and don't have the skills needed to get the better spells from the college anyways. For the most part everything is the same, but I have not done the companions on this save, as last time lycanthropy was all bugged out. This has the advantage of not having guards talk about me smelling like a wet dog all the drat time.