Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevin Bacon
Sep 22, 2010

Might be cause its clear like water to confuse people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
rats. A glove full of live rats.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It's a surprise we didn't get a glove full of gloves. But I guess it had to spell Alex Horne.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Alex H(and glove)orne

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
I'd say these were job-gloves.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Alex H(and glove)orne

:hmmyes:

Alex Hor(ed gloves)ne

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Boxturret posted:

Somewhere, somehow, Tim Key lowers his head in mourning.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

anilEhilated posted:

Somewhere, somehow, Tim Key lowers his head in mourning.

Lol.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Alex keeps raisins in his pockets,

but it'd be obvious and they were clearly going for the old "clear liquid that isn't water" trick

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Thinking back to it, if you don't drink, how are you supposed to identify non-alcoholic rum? I know I wouldn't be able to. In fact, if it was alcoholic, I'd have a better chance.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Non-alcoholic stuff generally doesn't have the sting liquors do. Some use strong flavors and peppers, but I think most people would be able to recognize the difference from visceral reaction alone.

I guess if you never had booze you might not be able to, but I think anyone who's sipped whiskey would be able to pick it up.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

CatstropheWaitress posted:

Non-alcoholic stuff generally doesn't have the sting liquors do. Some use strong flavors and peppers, but I think most people would be able to recognize the difference from visceral reaction alone.

I guess if you never had booze you might not be able to, but I think anyone who's sipped whiskey would be able to pick it up.

I never had rum outside of cakes and the like, so I have a very vague idea of what it would taste like on its own. I could probably recognise non-alcoholic beer as beer, but when I tried non-alcoholic white wine by mistake, I couldn't figure out what it was until someone told me. I thought I accidentally drank some diluted washing-up liquid and I actually know what wine normally tastes like. I guess it really depends on the liquor and the way its non-alcoholic version is made.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
rum has a relatively distinctive flavour; i dont know how much it loses without the alcoholic bite but rum flavouring or extract for cooking is not an uncommon thing. I think too that in this case unfamiliarity with the flavour was not the concern but rather over-familiarity.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
Good episode imo

Poopbutt
Aug 15, 2022
I've been down on this season so far, but I really enjoyed this episode. The cast seems more comfortable in the studio sections and the tasks were fantastic.

Nick continues to be the standout for me and the fact that Greg seems to truly adore him as a person is wonderful.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures
Yeah, three great task premises and the contestants explored them well. I am surprised that nobody went properly symbolic on the load-bearer task; I'd have been wearing signs saying "original sin" and "IMF debt", globe on the back like Atlas - then hedging the bets with a heavy rucksack or something. Also the clip of Nick capsizing the bed was one of the most entertaining in the intro, and seeing it in context did not disappoint.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Nick really took it on the chin.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Robins is falling into the Mae Martin ‘boringly competent’ category.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Lmao at Nick casually wearing Ted Lasso gear in the studio.

TelevisedInsanity
Dec 19, 2008

"You'll never know if you can fly unless you take the risk of falling."

The_Doctor posted:

Oh no, he's going to win and then be unable to make it to champion of champions so Nick will have to fill in dressed as Frankenstein's Monster.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
OOOHHH THE HORSE IS OFF THE KNAPPETT

WaffleACAB
Oct 31, 2010

The_Doctor posted:

Falling? Though I will say I did like his impressive load. Nonetheless as a certified Robins-hater I was glad Greg didn't give him the 5 points for that.

Gutted that Sophie choked in the live task. Nick's mid-air picture was so amazingly bad it might've been the funniest thing in the episode. Tie task was great, especially when people got turned into turtles/snails at the end

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

I am loving Steve Pembertons "Amiable Older Dad Happily Participating at a Kids Birthday Party" vibe he has in the final studio tasks, it's surprisingly sweet. He is surprisingly sweet overall, for a man who produces such wickedly nasty stuff in his own shows.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Irisi posted:

I am loving Steve Pembertons "Amiable Older Dad Happily Participating at a Kids Birthday Party" vibe he has in the final studio tasks, it's surprisingly sweet. He is surprisingly sweet overall, for a man who produces such wickedly nasty stuff in his own shows.

Yeah that's definitely the vibe. He's someone that could easily have come across as being 'above' this sort of show (although let's face it the man has appeared in some absolute dreck over the years), but he's really gotten stuck in and just seems happy to be there participating.

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

Steve and John in the final studio task both had the vibe of the dads competing in the parents race at the school sports day.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013

WaffleACAB posted:

Gutted that Sophie choked in the live task. Nick's mid-air picture was so amazingly bad it might've been the funniest thing in the episode.

I was expecting an argument that "Tires are full of air, so I was midair".

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Hot take: the irish woman is completely unfunny

The ginger lady is great

Nick is boring although i love him on 8 out of 10 cats

Steve isn’t being used to his full potential

The other guy is solid.

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Apr 26, 2024

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Pemberton is raffling off his task instructions for charity

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
I'm actually coming around on Joanne. Her confused anger is way better than boring competence or blase indifference.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'd much rather Joanne win than Steve or John.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Free Jimmy is great.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!
Disappointed to see Drac's reflection in the table at the start of the floating task, but that would have been a lot of work to remove.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Bob
Jun 1, 2000
On yet another rewatch of the whole series and reaching season 5 I'd never been quite so fully struck by how wonderfully Sally's aesthetic instincts and film-making abilities shined in the creative tasks and contrasted with her complete inability to compete in any of the practical tasks.

The alex birthing film had such well crafted lighting