Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Now that's strange, I don't recall posting in this thread before now. Did I leave a youtube comment?

Edit: Oh hey, new page. That's awkward. I was refering to the two big images near the bottom of the last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thank you for your contribution citizen!

Tombot posted:

It's strange how one puzzle cannot be solved by knowing the code ahead of time, but the next must be solved by knowing the code ahead of time.

liquidypoo
Aug 23, 2006

Chew on that... you overgrown son of a bitch.

To be fair, that was all the way back in August

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Wanna see a genome mutate?

Weeble
Feb 26, 2016
Normally I like blackjack, but those stakes. Yeesh.

Poor Clancy.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
There's one other piece of DLC, I think, though it's kind of a joke IIRC.

Any plans to show off Jack's 55th Birthday Party?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
We got some footage of it and Ethan Must Die but it wasn't enough to fill a video, I have plans to revisit them for RE8!

I hope the party I threw instead was a suitable replacement. :)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

CJacobs that ending was fabulous!

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

Thanks for making such a great LP, it was really great watching you guys have such a blast with it. Looking forward to the next one!

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

CJacobs posted:

I hope the party I threw instead was a suitable replacement. :)

I'd rather join your party than any of the Baker's any day of the week.

This was such a blast to watch and experience along with the group, and as always, looking forward to the next one.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Thanks for the kind words, gang, and those that've commented on YouTube. It was tons and tons of fun to make and be a part of. Here's the music video by itself if you missed it or would like to watch it again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk0uaGaEMfo

And eyyyy look what thread page we made it to in the end.

edit: And here is my plug because I worked so drat hard on this and I think it counts as allowed in the rules? (Total project time for the music vid is about 47 hours including game recording): Please consider joining my Patreon if you wanna see the stuff like this I'll be making for Village way early. Five bucks will get you access to the whole process many months in advance and I'd appreciate it more than ever; as always there's no obligation, all that stuff will eventually be yours for the peeping with your one-hosed-up-eye regardless. Thank you folks for watching, this game rules.

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Dec 11, 2021

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Last shot of the music video by the way ;)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

ONE hosed-UP EYE

azren
Feb 14, 2011

Looking forward to Village with great enthusiasm, this was great!

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
I couldn't watch the Blackjack video, it was too much for me. Too sadistic.

It's funny, I keep wanting to believe that Jack was mostly okay before fungal infection, but that Lucas was always a bit sadistic. I don't know that my impulse to believe that is correct. Both do terrible things, both are completely infected. Jack enjoyed being able to come back from anything, and that ultimately pain is nothing. But Lucas really enjoys torturing people psychologically and physically.

Was Lucas a mostly normal guy beforehand? If I believe Jack was mostly normal, I probably ought to give the benefit of the doubt to Lucas, too. And yet, I am reluctant to do so.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Lucas was always a creepy little poo poo; he has probably killed someone by locking them up in the attic and his diary in the Daughters DLC has him lashing out at his family for not putting up with his creepy poo poo.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kacie posted:

I couldn't watch the Blackjack video, it was too much for me. Too sadistic.

It's funny, I keep wanting to believe that Jack was mostly okay before fungal infection, but that Lucas was always a bit sadistic. I don't know that my impulse to believe that is correct. Both do terrible things, both are completely infected. Jack enjoyed being able to come back from anything, and that ultimately pain is nothing. But Lucas really enjoys torturing people psychologically and physically.

Was Lucas a mostly normal guy beforehand? If I believe Jack was mostly normal, I probably ought to give the benefit of the doubt to Lucas, too. And yet, I am reluctant to do so.

I found out after the video that there is a difference to be found in the Japanese version because as is standard for the country, Capcom weren't allowed to show dismemberment. They were able to get away with it for Ethan's hand, but not for the fingers in 21, and thus instead they are bent upwards until they crack and that is SO SO MUCH WORSE IN MY OPINION

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

CJacobs posted:

I found out after the video that there is a difference to be found in the Japanese version because as is standard for the country, Capcom weren't allowed to show dismemberment. They were able to get away with it for Ethan's hand, but not for the fingers in 21, and thus instead they are bent upwards until they crack and that is SO SO MUCH WORSE IN MY OPINION

Dear lord, what does this chapter of RE have against human Extremities?!

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Kacie posted:

Lucas' secret journal in Daughters talks about how he got caught and called a pervert for peeping on Zoe doing yoga so he was a completely normal Southern youth at first, I really dunno when he went wrong

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

Philippe posted:

CJacobs that ending was fabulous!

:yeah:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Was Marguerite mostly normal, too? Maybe she liked lepidoptery and feeding people.

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Daughters DLC basically showcases that they were basically a normal family, except for their creepy son Lucas who would've grown up to be a serial murderer all on his own really.

Plus Lucas is really the most lucid of them in infection, he just sucks.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I always figured that the reason Eveline never took control of Lucas, was cause, like everyone else, she'd have to go into and stay in their minds. She took one look at Lucas's mind and immediately jumped back out, cause he was to messed up even for her. Ethan remained out of her control, because she was too creeped out by the weird pitch black shadow wrapped around his head, permanently blocking most of his facial features, no matter the lighting.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Keldulas posted:

Daughters DLC basically showcases that they were basically a normal family, except for their creepy son Lucas who would've grown up to be a serial murderer all on his own really.

Plus Lucas is really the most lucid of them in infection, he just sucks.

How old are all the characters? Because Lucas looks like he’s 30 to me. And wasn’t he given the anti-virus? That seems like it’d explain his lucidity. I want to know how Zoe stayed lucid for so long since the family was infected for a few years before Ethan arrived, right?

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

White Coke posted:

How old are all the characters? Because Lucas looks like he’s 30 to me. And wasn’t he given the anti-virus? That seems like it’d explain his lucidity. I want to know how Zoe stayed lucid for so long since the family was infected for a few years before Ethan arrived, right?

I think Eveline's mind control has a range limit because Zoe specifically mentions that she's been running and hiding for years. Also Jack is VERY far gone and yet has a totally lucid conversation with Ethan at the start of the game in the ship flashback. Marguerite is probably the craziest, we never see her have any sort of sane thoughts.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sadly I don't think it was meant to be Memento-style and Jack pre-gamed Ethan on the Little-Bitch-TM-killing quest, it was just a mold-mind-meld happening while Ethan was all stuck to the wall and stuff.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3988297

Now that we're done with 7's content, let's go check out this nice European Village!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
THANKS FOR WATCHING EVERYBODY! I WAS HAPPY TO LEND A HAND