Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Wow, that was just disgusting. In the best way possible. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

I enjoy your warcrime team.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Have we seen all the stuff that the game can throw at you? Considering that your team is so OP, I would assume we're pretty close to the end game. Is that the case?

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

i assume it's getting close - a quick google tells me that level is capped at 10, so outside of finding some really great gear or cool ancient teachings the crew's not going to get much stronger

Jade's hysterical glee on the first optimizer > dirty bomb > dirty bomb fight was wonderful :allears:

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Yeah, we are real close to the end. Like if I talked to the sub-governor and asked about it, he'd probably unlock the mothership. I'm just doing every derelict for completions sake.

As for big baddies, there might be new ones I've not seen still, but I wouldn't be able to say. I think we've avoided fighting, or maybe only fought one Necroguard so far? Those are pretty close to 'the big bad' of any given derelict they are on. If I remember right we'll see a lot of very strong Necroguards on the mothership. And probably some new things that are only seen there.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Would you describe the mothership as some sort of darkest dungeon?

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Clearing out the last bits of this drat ship that keeps rearranging itself. I even lose all the pirates for a while. Ugh, so done with quantum instability.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Cat video!

Also crimes against humanity!

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The game really makes you do horrible things in a casual manner, doesn't it?

Mighty Steed
Apr 16, 2005
Nice horsey
Declare Ceasefire.

Immediately drop a Dirty Bomb.

Veloxyll
May 3, 2011

Fuck you say?!

Super dick move of the game to not give the pirates an icon

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

I forgot to upload this for like 3 days. Sorry. Been distracted binging on Phoenix Point. Which is becoming something to consider for future plans.

Anyway here is the planet Nightstar as I run through it giving zero fucks because I have probably the best gear I'm gonna get and everyone is max level so it's more of a speedrun to complete quests rather than make sure I explore 100% of the derelict. Which, I do anyway, but I'm not spending time clearing debris or other things to slow me down.

Sarah Problem
Sep 24, 2002

Because, if you confess with your mouth that Witten is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved

The cease fire followed up with a amp charged dirty bomb never gets old

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
It's technically a ceasefire if they are all too blown up to fire back

White Coke
May 29, 2015
An armistice isn’t a treaty.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I'm pretty sure that a breach of truce like that is considered a war crime, on the other hand it isn't using a giant mob of drunk revelers as radiation sponges to power a reactor.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

SIGSEGV posted:

I'm pretty sure that a breach of truce like that is considered a war crime, on the other hand it isn't using a giant mob of drunk revelers as radiation sponges to power a reactor.

Guess it depends on the fine print.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
For the curious, 31,536,000,000 seconds is exactly 1,000 years.

Also, I do love the continual "Ceasefire -> Dirty Bomb" play that keeps happening.

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP

Let's go salvage that mothership! Seems like I can get thing done really quickly if I don't worry about loot and all that stuff. Also I get impatient at reading after a while, but c'mon, we are here to blow stuff up not learn about some tragic backstory.

Thanks to those that followed along on this LP. I know this wasn't my usual affair, very low effort, solo, etc, but I really did need a break and something easy to get back into things. I'll have to think about what I want to do next, but I feel like getting back to a bigger project.

Has anyone seen Guava around...

racerabbit
Sep 8, 2011

"HI, I WANT TO HUG PINS NUTS."
:frolf:
I was honestly expecting the sub-Guv to somehow back-stab the crew; like, the Mirror Worlds are actually Death Worlds.

But thanks for the LP!

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Jade Star posted:

Has anyone seen Guava around...

Is it finally time for that Chimera Squad LP?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Sometimes the twist is there is no twist. I also have no idea what those weird survey computer terminals were about, I think we killed the boss too quickly four us to tell if we altered the fight in any way.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I like that the ending is both hopeful and an improvement on the starting situation after the dark and awful times of shoving people into radiation domes and war crimes.

Because those were some drat good warcrimes, I really liked the weird alienating scifi aspect too.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Great LP, Jade!

I´m just surprised that the game actually went with the fact that the subgovernor was honest and kept up with his word. These kind of games have a habit to go "psyche" at the end so this was actually a nice surprise.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Thanks for the space warcrimes and the LP!

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

Finally managed to find some time to watch the last video; thanks for the LP, Jade!

Kacie
Nov 11, 2010

Imagining a Brave New World
Ramrod XTreme
Late to the finish - wanted to say that I've picked up the game thanks to this LP, and have been really enjoying it.

Thank you for LPing this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
Thanks to everyone who enjoyed this LP. It wasn't the flashiest or best work I've ever done, but it really helped me get out of a slump and I'm glad you all enjoyed it.

Before I shut the thread down I'd like to direct your attention over to my newest LP thread over here.

Thanks again and hope to see you in the field!