Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

Next CoE needs a single player mode where it's just you vs. the world and you don't need to bother with AI "players".

The Bystander mod is a blessing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

The Moon Monster posted:

Next CoE needs a single player mode where it's just you vs. the world and you don't need to bother with AI "players".

It would be for the best, the AI is always so bad, and the fighting between empires and the eventual back and forth of territory capture slow down the pace of the game.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

I think the game is in a pretty good state and illwinter should just make a lot more factions

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
When I don't put any brainpower into it, I come to the conclusion that the next CoE should be more like a MOBA. Wait, wait, hear me out. I don't play mobas and this is probably a bad idea.

While existing freespawn factions should be amped up, everybody should get some base level of freespawn that will push lanes and take territory, albeit very ineffectively. Kind of like how independent guard towers and npc empire does, but weaker and more pervasive. This chaff will primarily focus on relevant areas (after all, the locals should know what's around) depending on the faction. Fewer units would head to the jungle, unless their faction literally prefers the jungle. In exchange, the player would continue to focus more on their 'stacks' and higher level objectives.

Meanwhile, forests would passively spawn deer and bears that when sufficiently massed would form raiding parties seeking to devour the flesh and potatoes of your villages.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
I'm down

A lot of playing optimally to me is not so fun, sometimes I leave my wounded on a tile to prevent low tier raids from taking it, or you can move some hero or rookie leaders from town to town capturing and retaking.

Getting a doom stack is almost mandatory and getting lucky sure helps.

Better AI that doesn't cheat/fail so hard or streamlining the game a bit so that each action is more impactful would be welcomed.

I keep buying them either way the game is charming as hell.