Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

R.D. Mangles posted:

There are so many of them that there are now billboards referring to how many billboards there are.

loving hell, I hated those things enough when it was just the one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kawalimus posted:

Urlacher and Bettis aren't riffraff by any means. Urlacher had four all-pros, DROY and DPOY. Maybe where he played gave him a boost but those are worthy qualifications. Bettis was a pretty great player again who got in due to being a Steeler. But that doesn't mean he didn't deserve to be in the conversation otherwise.

Someone gave a decent argument about John Lynch getting in a year ago but I don't remember it.

You might say that Bettis isn't riff raff but a lot of people don't think Frank Gore deserves to go in - not saying you're one of them but Bettis' top 10 all time yards status doesn't make a lot of people think he's deserving. I also think it's kind of cool that Gore has exactly 16,000 rushing yards.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I don't really know if Gore deserves to go in or not but again he should probably be in the conversation. Also Bettis had more accolades than Gore including an offensive rookie of the year run, 6 pro bowls vs gore's 5, two all pro selections vs gore's 0, and a championship win whatever that's worth.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
Tasker belongs in the hall before Hester

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I really don't think John Lynch should be in the hall, especially over Ronde Barber.

Barber is the only player in NFL history with 45+ Insta and 25+ sacks. He also has 14 career TDs and probably the most iconic play in Bucs history.

https://youtu.be/nawFtuBoLSU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Yeah Ronde Barber definitely should be in.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

If ronde doesn't get in it's because the hall voters got tired of putting that era of Tampa defenders in which is dumb, we should be getting upset over an edge case like Simeon Rice not going to the hall instead of ronde who should absolutely be in

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

wandler20 posted:

I really don't think John Lynch should be in the hall, especially over Ronde Barber.

Barber is the only player in NFL history with 45+ Insta and 25+ sacks. He also has 14 career TDs and probably the most iconic play in Bucs history.

https://youtu.be/nawFtuBoLSU

The most iconic play in Bucs history is your avatar

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

The most iconic play in Bucs history is your avatar

I'm looking at it as a 1A 1B kinda thing. They're both pretty awesome.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

As an outside observer it has to be that Ronde Barber pick 6 that's the most iconic moment. First off it led to their first SB appearance. Secondly I think most saw Philly winning that game and Tampa had a weird stigma at the time they couldn't win in cold weather in fact that franchise had never even won when it was below freezing or something like that. The way that play slammed the door on Philadelphia's comeback effort just had something about it that made it this super impactful moment. Way more impactful than anything in either of the Bucs actual SB games in my opinion.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kawalimus posted:

As an outside observer it has to be that Ronde Barber pick 6 that's the most iconic moment. First off it led to their first SB appearance. Secondly I think most saw Philly winning that game and Tampa had a weird stigma at the time they couldn't win in cold weather in fact that franchise had never even won when it was below freezing or something like that. The way that play slammed the door on Philadelphia's comeback effort just had something about it that made it this super impactful moment. Way more impactful than anything in either of the Bucs actual SB games in my opinion.

I definitely agree with all this. Plus it was the final game in the Vet which was a nice added bonus. The Bucs Super Bowl wins were both blowouts so that makes it more difficult to have a moment stand out. Maybe the Derrick Brooks pick 6 with Gruden chasing him down the sideline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Maybe edit Gruden out of that video