Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

After thirty years of collecting, painting and playing with miniatures, it was time for me to try out what it means to sculpt and make those minis that I've loved for so long. I started with some smaller conversions, but last year I took the time to learn to sculpt minis from scratch. It was great! Now I'm launching my own minis company and my first range - 28mm scale duck adventurers. The first ducks in this range covers many common fantasy tropes useful for RPG situations, but also for your more miniature agnostic skirmish games. I made them specifically so that I could field them as a Frostgrave warband.

I had a blast making the first 22 ducks:

I know we have many successful makers of RPGs and other tradgame products on this forums, but miniature makers often seem to operate more in the shadows. When I started out I had a rough time to figure out just how to approach going from playing around with green stuff to actuall holding and painting a metal copy of something you've created. So while I'd love to see my minis end up in the painting thread being painted by you talented guys, my main goal with this thread is to show that it can be done, and that it can be done with a relatively small budget. So feel free to ask if you're interested in the manufacturing of miniatures, but be warned that the actual production of the molds are being done by People Who Know Their poo poo down in Germany instead of by myself. And while we have game making threads, those tends to scew were heavily towards RPGs rather than miniature making.

The Kickstarter campaign is available here if you're interested, take a peek!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Glorantha players rejoice at all the Cabbage Ducks they could ever want.

tankfish
May 31, 2013
Windmilled slammed that pledge button

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

tankfish posted:

Windmilled slammed that pledge button

Thanks!

Doing the kickstarter is really motivating me to get back to the sculpting table and start working on a second wave of duck minis.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Bumpin’ old thread because my order of ducks came in and they look fantastic! pleasantly shocked at the fast turnaround time on the kickstarter as well.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

best bale posted:

Bumpin’ old thread because my order of ducks came in and they look fantastic! pleasantly shocked at the fast turnaround time on the kickstarter as well.

I'm happy to hear they arrived! All praises for the fast turnaround should go to my caster, Hagen Miniatures. They have been incredibly on top of things from the get-go, and having them in charge of sending out the minis instead of trying to do it myself is probably the reason the delivery was so fast.

Already working on the next set, I hope to have enough sculpts ready over Summer for an Autumn kickstarter too. I'd love to see any painted ducks eventually.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I got my ducks. I have to say, a DVD case as packaging was a new one

They look real good!

tankfish
May 31, 2013
I finally managed to my ducks today! Took a bit to figure out who the arm is for but besides that they look great.

best bale
Jul 4, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

tankfish posted:

Took a bit to figure out who the arm is for but besides that they look great.

Ha, same. Also got a bonus round, wood shield

tankfish
May 31, 2013

best bale posted:

Ha, same. Also got a bonus round, wood shield

Oh same here it's gonna go on the duck with the pot helmet.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

tankfish posted:

Oh same here it's gonna go on the duck with the pot helmet.

That was the idea but some of my promo shots I took after the shield broke off and disappeared lol. I think it works ok both with a raised shield and with a shaking fist.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

I painted a duck!

Winklebottom posted:

Haven't painted in a while so trying to get back into the swing of things with one of goon sculptor lilljonas's excellent ducks

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Winklebottom posted:

I painted a duck!

Love it! Is it ok to repost on my facebook page?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

lilljonas posted:

Love it! Is it ok to repost on my facebook page?

Thanks, go for it