Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Hey GWS it's me, Wroughtirony, your long-lost friend!

The New England Forest Rally (car race) is this month and I'll be up in Maine with my wonderful partner, AI superstar Terrible Robot. My folks have a home in Standish and we're hosting a party on the 17th. A few GWSers will be there and it should be a good time. The menu is pulled pork and Jewish brisket with lots of sides. House beer is PBR. If that's not your jam, BYOB. There's lots of space to pitch a tent in the backyard or throw down a mat and sleeping bag in the living room. We have limited amounts of sleeping bags available if you don't have your own.

RSVPs encouraged so we know how much food to buy. PM me for the address- all are welcome! Don't worry if it's last minute, we want everyone to come and have a good time.

I promise there will be a dedicated rear end-to-mouth tent, as is required of all goonmeets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaworu
Jul 23, 2004

It's a bit silly of me to reply to this since I live in Colorado right now, but I'm a native of Maine and lived in Portland for over 30 years, and it makes me feel uniquely sad that I cannot attend :(

Actually, Standish was a bit of a second home to me when I was a teenager, because it was where Crossroad Games was located - a goony-as-hell place that I hung out and played Magic: The Gathering at during my formative years. I have particularly fond memories of the all-night-anime events; this would've been like 20 years ago, and places that stayed open all night so teenagers could watch anime, eat pizza, and do endless booster draft tourneys were fairly rare. They might still be a bit unusual.

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Bumping this in case anyone is in the area. We got way too much food! Come help us eat it.