Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amazing Member
Apr 4, 2008
https://www.genexus.com/en/

Like O-M-G, where have you B-E-E-N?

This is like totes the next big H-U-M-P in...

Ok, actually this is kinda neat. AI assisted application development?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIqXcUzbBxA

Back-end/ Front-end, low-code?

I mean LOOK at all these buzzwords?

They certainly mean something.

I've only just started messing around with this and I can definitely tell that it is a thing.

The thing is, I'm not too knowledgeable about software like this, I've dabbled in python and this seemed like an upgrade in terms of application use case.

I wanted to post here and see if any goons had any experience with this software/application or any suggestions/advice thoughts on AI assisted low-code generated applications.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Oh god it's Rational Rose but somehow even more annoying.

I didn't watch the video.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Yeah this sort of poo poo has been around since forever. Its always sucked. Don't fall for the grift. Its just enterprisey buzzword nonsense targetted at CEOs who resent having to have coders in the basement writing mysterious heiroglyphics they cant understand.

That might change in the *very* near future with LLMs , but that time is not here yet. Not completely.

Theres only one surefire way to generate programs without learning how to program. And that is;- Hire a programmer.

duck monster fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jun 23, 2023

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

I don't for a second believe that it can do half of what that video claims.

duck monster posted:

Its just enterprisey buzzword nonsense targetted at CEOs
the weird focus on legacy COBOL in the video suggest to me that it's exactly this

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

Dijkstracula posted:

I don't for a second believe that it can do half of what that video claims.

the weird focus on legacy COBOL in the video suggest to me that it's exactly this

It'll probably be just another CRUD formbuilder.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Eternal youth of your code

GeneXus is the Enterprise Low-Code Software Development Platform that provides the eternal youth of your code by leveraging the power of AI to automate and simplify the creation, evolution and maintenance of software solutions, in any given environment.

Colonel Taint
Mar 14, 2004

I don't think we should be making fun of this guys.

It's trusted by a lot of cool companies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polidoro
Jan 5, 2011

Huevo se dice argidia. Argidia!
I have used it. It's popular in Latin America but mainly used for government and banking applications. It tends to get in your way if you are trying to do something too different from what they intended but there's always a way so it's ok I guess.

They got aquired by Globant so I'm assuming it will be ruined and disappear in a few years. At least they didn't sell to Microsoft when they came knocking over 10 years ago.