Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Pokemon Red/Blue came out when I was 10 years old. Obviously I wanted to play as a very cool dude, so I named my character COOLDUDE. Except your name could only be seven characters long, so it had to be COOLDUD. I knew what it meant. I think I named the rival LAMEDUD, but it's possible that's me filling in details. I still call my Pokemon main character Cooldude to this day.

I first played FF6 in middle school, in the early-2000s with my best friend, via ZSNES's online netplay. During battles, the 2nd controller functions the same as the 1st, so we just picked who we wanted to control during battles. He played first slot and controlled the story dialogs, and he decided to name all the characters after us and our friends. I still think of Edgar as Andy, and Cyan as our friend Richard.

When Mass Effect 1 came out, I made some nicely coiffed guy in the character creator and needed a name for him. I stared at the name entry screen for a couple seconds before filling in Jerry. Jerry Shepard. This killed my roommate at the time, and it still makes him laugh whenever we talk about Mass Effect. I dunno, I think it's a pretty good name!

What do you name your game characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021
BounceBanana or Ingemur or something else.