Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Another Bill posted:

Does anyone know where I could get Warcry stats for my Breaka-Boss on Mirebrute Troggoth?

It's just for friendly house games, I get that they won't be regulation.

use the dankhold troggoth datasheet from the compendium, it's basically perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Man i actually really miss playing kill team, ill try to rope in some people to play more matches.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
i just picked up a second hand kroot kill team to go with my pathfinder kill team at the local stores swapmeet

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Ominous Jazz posted:

i just picked up a second hand kroot kill team to go with my pathfinder kill team at the local stores swapmeet

pathfinders are absolutely outstanding models. there's some hard competition but i think they're the best-looking team made specifically for KT, a bit ahead of kommandos and inquisitorial agents. (chaos cult is the best but they're retasked models from 40K.)

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

As someone who's lived through it, the templates weren't the problem.

It was what the templates encouraged: movement phases that took an eternity. Every unit had to spread out because of templates.

poo poo was like the opposite of Tetris.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Z the IVth posted:

This is some seriously cool nostalgia. I never really played 2nd but my first 40k exposure was the box set and all the art from that era.

Where did you get that blue bunker? Looks just like the ones from the old WDs but all I can find online are plans for the card version.

Found an stl of the bunker and dark vengeance barricades and printed them in resin.

https://cults3d.com/en/3d-model/game/glorious-1990s-bunker-fortifcation-terrain

The old Shrine is from Grimdarkterrains birthday pack, it's epic scale so just needs resizing, mines a bit small. :F

I did play an all painted game recently, GSC vs Orks

Orks had taken and hold, a small MDF shrine on the broken bridge, I had dawn raid, my efforts to fufill dawn raid were cut short when my chimera and sentinels were killed by buggy fire, however the chimera bravely zoomed forward exploding in a fireball to kill a large group of Orks.

No hand to hand combat all game, with the hybrids surging forward last minute with flamers and hand flamers to kill any ork near the objective.

The genestealers nicely painted were done by Josh from crown of command, an ex eavy metal team guy.

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Apr 28, 2024

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Cease to Hope posted:

pathfinders are absolutely outstanding models. there's some hard competition but i think they're the best-looking team made specifically for KT, a bit ahead of kommandos and inquisitorial agents. (chaos cult is the best but they're retasked models from 40K.)

Are the pathfinders specifically made for KT? I thought it was just a regular PF box plus an upgrade sprue

Edit: agreed they are great models, I loved building the lil tacticool aliens back when I had delusions of ever playing actual 40k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

moths posted:

As someone who's lived through it, the templates weren't the problem.

It was what the templates encouraged: movement phases that took an eternity. Every unit had to spread out because of templates.

poo poo was like the opposite of Tetris.

If I was going to write template rules in TYOOL 2024, I would have them determine if the unit as a whole got hit, not individual models. Basically, you get the joy of putting the flame template on the table, making "fwoosh" noises as you do so, but the actual resolution is like a Blast weapon in Kings of War (DX+X hits). At absolute most, I would have the template either give a bonus to the number of hits you score if it covered a certain % of the models in a unit, or I would set the minimum number of hits equal to the maximum number of models you can cover. So for instance if you could cover 3 models, and a basic flamer did D3+1 hits, if your total score was only a 2, it would automatically go up to 3 hits, but you could still roll a total of 4 and hit more models than covered so the threat level of the flamer is more in the statline than in how many models it can cover giving less incentive to make movement as precise and spread out as 3e.