Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I have nothing to contribute to soccer chat other than the entire BBC Sports football presentation department, TV and radio, walked out today on a matter of principle. So the world's oldest football highlights show ended up going from 80 minutes to 20, and was just crowd noise over the clips.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carados
Jan 28, 2009

We're a couple, when our bodies double.

Endorph posted:

3) a poster made a big post about how she got abused and manipulated by a discord and they posted this

in response

As a personal friend of that poster it's loving wild he's still around after making that post, gently caress that poo poo

Ban 'em

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Fluffdaddy posted:

Nashville SC. MLS is one of the most affordable and fun live pro sports in the US and I can't recommend it enough for anyone

that's rad, i go to mets games for cheap thrills, the beer is more expensive than the tickets if you get em in advance

i hope your team wins

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

WarpDogs posted:

I hear good things about live hockey as well, but the ticket prices for the Kraken are stupidly high still

I went to a college hockey game in, well, in college and it was pretty fun. But my main live sports experience is college football games and those were all rad af.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
if you're going to flame out at least get wild with it, this is weak

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Resolved indeed

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Cthulu Carl posted:

I went to a college hockey game in, well, in college and it was pretty fun. But my main live sports experience is college football games and those were all rad af.

Go blue!

e: oh poo poo i meant that unironically but then i remembered where i knew your username from lmfao, whoops

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
goldmine

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I assume to be made an IK at least one of the existing mods/IKs/admins will vouch for a person and say they support the choice and the poster will be a good fit.

In which case, what the gently caress happened here?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

is it true that jeff of yospos personally suggested harold as an IK

jeffery of yospos strikes again

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
is it true that jeff of yospos personally suggested harold as an IK

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

that's rad, i go to mets games for cheap thrills, the beer is more expensive than the tickets if you get em in advance

i hope your team wins

cant wait for baseball season to come back...

Ohtori Akio
Jul 15, 2022

Craig K posted:

goldmine

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Lady Radia posted:

Go blue!

e: oh poo poo i meant that unironically but then i remembered where i knew your username from lmfao, whoops

LMAO, the hockey game was an OSU-Michigan hockey game, too, actually.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

death cob for cutie posted:

I have a feeling I'd like hockey but I don't have any sportsfriends local to go see a game with

my only live sports experience is roller derby, which can be fun but the fucky nature of WFTDA means the games can be... lopsided

like 400 to 4 lopsided :(

i was taking my mom to roller derby every year for mother's day until she finally pointed out that the only team close enough & interested in coming up to play against our local team as the road team is not very good and loses every year by a couple hundred

they also have less people & we have an A-squad and B-squad so the B-squad's game would be even more lopsided because they were skating against opponents who 3/4s of them just finished an entire bout

they always seemed happy to come up & get clobbered though v:v:v

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Sending this to the goldmine instead