Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Oath complete

I really need to improve my pictures, but DONE. I had some fun converting these but kind of lost steam on painting them. But this means my combat patrol is fully painted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Progress(?) report

I’ve currently managed to do four of the eight cowboys that I oathed in February. Done to a very ordinary standard.

I’ve decided that i hate all things chaos with all their fiddly “detail” and I have dedicated my (painting) life to sigmar and purity.

At least until i slap some acrylic on the remaining four at which time i will reassess and maybe paint some more orcs. Such is life.

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
On pain shameful sixer, I will paint the remaining 3 minis of my underworld set to match in TWO WEEKS TIME

Ominous Jazz posted:

I'm really happy with how this turned out!

Inspired by abs yeah that's gonna be the theme for my underworld set

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
March oath complete!

Even though it's technically April!

Spent a bunch of hours on the road last couple days so decided I would just take the extra day...

for Something Old did cover this old fig however I will work to finish up next month as per usual:

Fun fig to paint though I underestimated the detail on this one...

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
April Oathing!

I'd like to propose try to keep up the old All Together Now tradition, have a pic that shows all the progress you've made all season (and perhaps as I like to do but maybe not this time, all the oath progress you've ever made....)

Alternately it occurs to me April Showers Bring May Flowers so either wet, glistening type surfaces or perhaps include some blooming plants or at least foliage of some kind...

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Ominous Jazz posted:

On pain shameful sixer, I will paint the remaining 3 minis of my underworld set to match in TWO WEEKS TIME

updog!! i'm on finishing touches of Chibi Moon! up next is Sailor Mercury and Sailor Moon herself!

Ominous Jazz posted:

following up on the theme is the chibi moon inspired member of the crew

Gonna put the finishing touches on it a little later (feedback welcome)

edit: Here are some fancier pictures of the wrapped version

It's one of those things the ratio of joke payoff to effort is out of whack but i think i'm getting better at painting while i'm doing it

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 04:27 on Apr 6, 2024

gameraMan
Dec 16, 2008

You want die?
April Oath!

Going to finish up the rest of this Slann Wizard dude with an extended base including foliage for Flowers and maybe some damp for showers? Will see:

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you
April Oath!

I will paint this miniature of the month Dark Angels Terminator from my GW store for their painting competition, the theme of which is "corruption." I think I'm going to kitbash it into a Genestealer Cult abominant.

Edit: the kitbash:

Muir fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 11, 2024

Muir
Sep 27, 2005

that's Doctor Brain to you

Muir posted:

April Oath!

I will paint this miniature of the month Dark Angels Terminator from my GW store for their painting competition, the theme of which is "corruption." I think I'm going to kitbash it into a Genestealer Cult abominant.

Edit: the kitbash:

Well I wasn't expecting to be done this fast, but work was slow and I was having such a good time on this model I just kept going.

Muir fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Apr 12, 2024

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style
the spirit moved you

Ominous Jazz
Jun 15, 2011

Wasteland style

Ominous Jazz posted:

updog!! i'm on finishing touches of Chibi Moon! up next is Sailor Mercury and Sailor Moon herself!

It's one of those things the ratio of joke payoff to effort is out of whack but i think i'm getting better at painting while i'm doing it
It all came together. I was getting sweaty about my paint job on sailor moon but I'm very happy with how it came out . My first oath fulfilled!!

Glamor shots of Sailor Moon Spire and Sailor Mercury

Ominous Jazz fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Apr 14, 2024

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Late, but I oath spectacular Spider-Man for April

with a rebel yell she QQd
Jan 18, 2007

Villain

I, with a rebel yell she QQd, Oath to paint these 4 Lannisters and 2 Cleganes (CMON) in April!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
I, Beffer, completely butchered this February oath but I am heartily sick of these beastie boys so they are done!

These guys nearly killed me. I am not made out for painting groups of the same thing. An oldhammer beastmen set would have been way better as they were all individually mutated, but these guys are about as chaotic as sand. On the other hand an oldhammer beastmen set would have cost about a bajillion dollars, so....

I did enjoy painting some of the individual detail, once I gotten through all the flesh, fur, horns leather, etc. Reading that back, it sounds like I was painting an 80s metal hair band. Maybe I was.

I apologise for the blurry photos, but I could not get the depth of field to cover the full crew, so between the two power photos you can almost see all of my cows in focus. Enjoy!

Onwards and upwards. I have a character or two to paint next, so that should be safely oathable. *famous last words*

And.....

I, Beffer, oath to paint this Victrix norseman posing as a Kislev (or is he Norscan?) refugee this month of April. Probably.

Beffer fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Apr 27, 2024