Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaosDragon
Jul 13, 2014
pirates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Alright I'll be trying again with pirates. Have a celebratory sea shanty while I rework this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSe8D2wfGKI&t=30s

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Marauding Way 4

Things pretty much spiraled downward after the last update, and a few things not working out has made me restart the colony. Since the cat is out of the bag about being deserters, lets start with the deserter start. The storyteller will still be Damocles Deserter. Since this start has us with a bunch of visibility, we wont have to worry about him throwing a bunch of negative events at the start. Also to ensure there are bodies coming in, I set up 2 incidents to happen on repeat in the scenario editor. Pirate extortion, where pirates demand payment or they will raid, will happen every 8 days. Then there is a spreading bandit camp, ensuring there are raiding targets, will happen every 15 days.

We're setting down on planet Al Ain, using the seed captainjacksparrow. Why that seed? Cause he gives a man what-for. He's the pauper of the surf, the jester of Tortuga.

Also I set the temp one plip toward cold

And we'll be touching down in the Al Ain equivalent of Down Under. Locals who need to drink, weird wildlife, its basically Australia.

And we'll be embarking along the coast here. Access to some roads and a handful of friendly settlements There is a large amount of open land around, with some hilly areas to the west (but nothing mountainous) . When it comes to ideology I... kept it the same. I was thinking of replacing psychic vampirism because it nukes your psychic gain, and the death knell thing is on a 24 hour timer. On the other hand, replacing it required me to not only set the precepts back up, but also all the festivals and the relics and the hair styles and tattoos which yes I did set up and I don't want to do that all again.

I made a slight change to the vampires, I swapped out psychic warrior because it... didn't seem to be doing much. The vampires were only getting a +1 to blunt and +0.5 sharp defense which I don't think even works with the way combat extended combat stats work. I took that out and swapped in robust (25% damage reduction) and psychic sight which will buff a pawn's sight by their psylink level. According to the description: If you use this with psycasts expanded prepare for silliness. I know hunger was a big problem last time, but embarking in a forest where I can actually grow things and animals will actually show up to be hunted, I don't think I need to worry too much about adjusting hunger rates. And because of that I'm bringing the same 4 colonists along, even though this start only wants 3.

Our new home, in a secluded cove with an island. An "island" that is connected to the land on the west :argh:

We start with a tiny bunker on the island, which provides us with some decent shelter and saves me having to rush one at the start. The bunker starts with 3 beds as the start wanted us to have 3 colonists. But strangely there is a cloth bedroll in the room as well. We have a wood fired generator, 2 batteries, a comm console, an electric stove, a hospital bed complete with vitals monitor, a pair of pod launchers, a turret, 2 chairs with a table, several shelves and a burnout intel scraper.

This can generate some intel but also increase our visibility.

Speaking of, we get this pop up at the start.

Checking the console and good lord, 85. Lets uh... lets just say we really don't want to hit 100. Note all those effects, especially the intel cost. No getting monoswords at the start :(

This also increases the costs of quests which is kinda insane, it'll cost half our intel to get a quest that only pays out 10 intel.

I promptly open the ancient danger, hopefully the occupants will have some melee weapons.

I botched hitting the caskets and ended up having the insects chase everyone all the way back to the bunker. I use Bios and VideoWitch's berserk abilities (both their classes have it!) to make the megaspiders attack the other insects.

And then the remaining one breaks the doors down in 2 hits and charges Slaan, nearly killing him in a single hit :gibs: Speaking of, I should mention the guns that we started with. Charge cyclers.

They're like energy revolvers. Though we don't have much ammo for these...

Now that the insects are down, the loot we got is a psychic soothe pulser, an animal pulser (makes all animals go manhunter), 2 glitterworld medkits and in the hermatic crate was an imperial defenses techprint. And to use the techprint I need a research bench and oh right, Slaan was injured. And he's the builder. And the plant grower. But good news!

The rot stink from his own blood only strengthens him, and not only is he able to move and work as good as he was before being injured, he does it all better! Also he heals 15% better. Lol.

A bit of land to the south of the island has some steel, rubies and diamonds to mine out. VideoWitch gets on that. Back at base I get a research bench up and set up beer as the first research. Oh right, I also made sure to start with 40 units of beer this time so everyone isn't experiencing deficiency in 5 days. That was rough, that would drop movement by 30%. Then I'm trying to fight with Slaan to plant a bunch of rice while he keeps trying to rest his injuries. Senrath will be making granite bricks.

Oh wow, 2 ancient dangers in one map? Neat, can't wait to see whats in there. Gonna wait for Slaan to fully heal up first.

Now that we have light and materials that aren't pitch black, have another look at some of the various furniture we got going on here.

Here is the plan for what I'll be building toward. I'm gonna crib something I did in the viking colony, where I used the ancient danger as a freezer for food, and the crypto caskets can hold people for future use. I will be splitting it in half and using the other half as a prisoner holding cell. Connecting to that will be the kitchen and the rec room. Then east of that will be where the grow zone will be, and I'll expand that north as I need it (and researching soil reclaimation). East of that, the purple area, is where I'll have the workshops at. There is a steam geyser east of that so I'll put the energy and utility stuff in there.

South of that, the large black box will be the warehouse. Then going west is a bunch of rooms, with 3x3s serving as the general bedrooms. Though I do set up 3 of the rooms directly connecting to the rec room to be a shower room and bathroom. South of that are some bigger 7x7 bedrooms for the vampires, and I don't plan on putting anything more south just in case I need to expand the rooms to accommodate the various death rest buildings. Though the eastern most big room will be for some hi tech research benches.

:ohdear:

And then.. nothing happened :confused: It did drop our visibility a touch though.

Well then, that must be why these didn't open when I shot them. All but one of the occupants are dead.

Time to name the faction and the colony. A more fitting name I cannot imagine.

Oh and hey, since the visibility dropped these got a lot cheaper (they were 100 intel). Since intel is a use it or lose it deal.. may as well.

These do work differently though, the items aren't dropped off to your base. You gotta send a caravan on over to grab it. So where did it land?

.... Thats one way. Whoever I send will be gone for 8 loving days.

Yeah I'm going to just devmode the sword in. Cause gently caress that. I maintain that vanilla caravaning is THE worst part of this game.

And here is day 8, with our first pirate demand. Its quaint seeing this happen early, compared to end game and its like "give me a hundred thousand silver"

Senrath and Slaan team up on the guy over here...

While VideoWitch and Bios tear out the hearts of the guys over here. I also get Slaan to swap out his charger for one of the SMGs they dropped.

Oh god dammit, I forgot to exchange this for normal intel :negative:

Things are truckling along just fine, almost got the rec room set up. Got the freezer set up, with a wind turbine and an extra wood generator set up. I plan to deconstruct the original one since its indoors and is heating up the room its in. And the hops are coming in so beers for everyone. I can start growing corn and stocking up on that.

A raid shows up and suddenly the colony is full of acid rain. So hey, remember how I set up a faction to spawn wretches to get genes from, but it didn't work out cause they would lose genes upon death? Well turns out there is an option to make a faction have made up xenotypes that will have random genes. So now I can have the crabs take genes again!

No winners this time though.

:raise: No people huh? May as well run in and grab that pemmican.

Some people set up a turret and decided that was good enough. Sadly they placed it between buildings so it was trivial to destroy the battery powering it. And man, these meals don't last long. Even with wild game and being able to grow stuff its like a full time job to keep up with killing animals and harvesting. So...

Hey whats that big ol' barrel?

Its a pirate version of the nutrient paste dispenser, but it dispenses grog! Except if you look at the last image you can clearly see its nutrient paste. Dammit :negative: So yeah to make drat SURE I don't have a food problem again, lets pull one of these out.

An extortion raid shows up and is promptly followed up by a psycaster raid and this loving guy pops up with psycasts that can summon giant bees and he also has a railgun. I berserk 2 of his companions to slow them down...

Because Bios and VideoWitch didn't take too well to being blasted by the railgun.

While he was combating the very same person he is now carrying, I had Senrath and Slaan stand right next to him and fire at him. As you can see he has full health. Jesus. Gotta get me some deserter armor.

Bios is upset that Slaan and Senrath couldn't kill a man that was standing stock still in front of them.

Oh come the gently caress on :argh:

At least they're quick to make amends. Get it? Like mending a wou-

Alright, who is the clown that left a pair of tainted pants on the toilet :mad:

Oh well hello there. A handful of wild people came in and well um... don't worry about what happened to the others. This one though, those are some decent skills she has. Double melee, some construction and crafting, and passions in intellectual and plants.

Anyways I captured her and start the converting process. Would go faster if I didn't just put Bios on their mandated deathrest. Oh yeah, made them the moral guide yadda yadda. In fact, I'll go ahead and toss Calixta here into a cryptosleep casket until Bios wakes up.

A raid shows up while Bios has a mental break, and of course Bios is the one with the monosword while VideoWitch is running around with a club. Thankfully VIdeoWitch's wall of doom spell was able to make one enemy mentally break while another goes into a berserk state.

And Slaan gets reacquainted with an old friend...

At this point I realized something was off about the vampire's psychic stuff... and realized that by loading my previous set of colonists, it kept that version of the xenotype and not the updated one. So I went ahead and swapped that out and now they're properly getting their eye sight depending on their psylink. And speaking of eyes, if their eye color glow changes, its because it reapplied the eye gene.

Been having Bios grind out tricorn hats and good lord that payout. Grab some advanced components for the future component bench and a shitload of cloth.

Another psycast raid comes in, once again a guy with some deserter armor. Hrmm.... Wait the armor weighs 54 kg?!

I use VideoWitch's blood curse spell to cause the guy to start bleeding heavily. I'm hoping he'll fall unconscious and then I can strip the armor off him.

Success!

Doesn't Senrath look absolutely stylish?

Oh huh, seems the deserter weight thing isn't that big a deal since it buffs the wearer's carry weight.

I remember Calixta and for some reason you cannot use the convert ability on a wild person. And you can't recruit them like a normal prisoner, we're going to have to tame her like an animal.

I get Calixta converted, recruited and renamed to NGDBSS. As they have good melee and a tribal background I'm gonna have them go the path of the vampire. Once I get a proper hemogen farm going. For now though they'll work fine as a baseliner. And hey, growing crops, an extra constructor, things are going to rapidly speed up here real soon.

And how the colony looks so far. Got most of the walls set up for the base itself, once I finish up the rest of the bedrooms I can start dedicating labor into walling off the island. I did put a few embrasures around though, provided they're not doing much right now as Slaan's shotty isn't going to be in range of anything on the other side of the water. Senrath did pick up a bolt action rifle off a raider though. Ironically the most heavily armored dude has the long range weapon :thunk:

I'm also moving my prisoner room from the ancient danger over to the edge. I may want prisoners hugging along the outer edge for a reason. Once I get the island walled off (undecided if I want the entrance to be at the land bridge or through the water) I'll put up walls on the other side of the river to force raiders to come into the water, then go around the colony before getting inside. And if any sappers show up, well they'll have to cross the water anyways to get to the walls! And of course, the crabs get bonuses in moving in the water, I could do some actual defense in depth stuff without waiting for my colonists to get bionic legs and go juice!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Never part me from my shotgun again :(

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

https://twitter.com/TynanSylvester/status/1767956811171160491

Looks like there's going to be another wrench thrown into things.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
yeeeaaaahhhhhh :shepicide:

E: On the other hand, I feel that alternate colony I proposed would work better with that DLC content

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

:hmmyes: sounds like you've got a starting point to brainstorm your next LP

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Marauding Way 5

Now that the main base is getting finished up, here is my plan for setting up defensive walls. I'll block up the island and build walls out to the ocean with a single open area in the west. Then there is what to do across the water. The red line will be used to block off the water and force raiders to go out to the west a bit before coming in. I'll be setting up embrasures and defense stuff on that land bridge. The yellow will be the long term of blocking off the water, with some entrances so raiders can come into the water in the extreme south and the northeast. Once I get all the yellow built up I'll go ahead and build walls along the purple line, blocking off the entrance and requiring raiders to go into the water in the south or northeast. Don't worry about the hill in the south, the map continues a bit further south and anyone who comes in on the west side will be able to go south around that hill. I may build up a wooden bridge to the east, simply so any friendlies who walk by can head straight on in. Likewise when I wall up the west land bridge, I'll have a door in there for friendlies/colonists.

And then I may build a few bridges with some embrasures so the crabs can swim out to them, take some shots and then swim back. Gonna need a LOT of bricks... maybe I'll switch over to slate for the outer walls. Oh yeah, did I mention we got granite and slate boulders here? Well, we have granite and slate boulders.

While waiting for that, gonna talk a bit about our colonist's abilities. So when I fixed up the vampire's xenotype it reset their psylinks to 1, so I set it back to 4 which ended up giving them more points to spend. I had to use some points to reunlock their trees, though I didn't need to unlock the abilities again. So with the spare points I just opened both hemosage and necro for both vampires and then unlocked the morbid, science and deathrest focus types. So I can set them up to gain psyfocus by meditating by research benches, deathrest buildings and all kinds of morbid things like graves and urns. Art is the one they had by default and that requires... art. I've been using 2 large steles in the ancient danger as the meditation zones for the vampires, because while their psyfocus gains are severely nerfed, they will gain *some* psyfocus if they're meditating by these steles.

We can see in this image for VideoWitch that they're at the very top of the necropath, with 2 different branching paths (they can take both). The one on the right is the ability to outright resurrect a pawn by sacrificing a natural finger. That means no bionic fingers, hands or arms for them if I want to use this. The left option will let them animate a corpse for a day who will attack hostiles. Might not be a bad option to keep some corpses on hand for thrall purposes.

Bios was going down the hemosage path and one great option they have, which I plan on getting for VideoWitch ASAP, is one that will immediately stop all bleeding wounds. It doesn't heal them, but it keeps them from bleeding out. Bios isn't close to hitting the end of the hemosage tree because I've been going spread out on it, grabbing an ability that'll let them get hemogen from targets at range and another that'll let the target bloodfeed from them. Even in combat.

Then we got VideoWitch's class, the Harbinger. The big bonus is that all their spells can be cast on targets without needing line of sight. Once the walls are built I can have her hang around the edge and sling spells at raiders, to a point at least. Spell casters will suffer varying degrees of arcane weakness, as a way to balance firing off a bunch of spells at once. Arcane weakness happens when you cast a spell that uses more than 25% of a pawns mana pool, so I've been putting points in focus (reduces all spell costs by 2.5 per level, up to 5 levels). Putting skills points into a spell will also reduce the spell costs. Anyways, lets talk about the spells:

Infuriate (which I often keep calling berserk) will buff a pawn but will make them attack any nearby pawn. Its great in making someone turn on their comrades, but it seems to make them engage in melee, even ranged pawns will run up to punch stuff. Note the buff though, cause if they manage to take out all their friends quickly you'll have a super pawn charging your line.

Putride Bile: Will both silence a pawn (no spell casting) and makes them throw up. Besides keeping an enemy caster from slinging spells, any pawn that is currently throwing up chunks is a pawn that isn't firing a gun or engaging in melee.

Shadow Fetters: Immobilizes a pawn

Paranoia: Causes a pawn to flee in fear. Putting levels in this turns it into an AOE

Blood Curse: Makes a pawn suffer multiple bleeding wounds

Rend Soul: Will assault a target with "ethereal flames that can never be extinguished". Seems to add more effects as you put levels in it, like making the target also suffer the putrid bile effect.

Wail of Doom: Will curse pawns in an area with random breaks. It has a cap, which leveling will increase. Costs a whopping 3 points to level (most skills are 2)

Once I get the scroll for it, they also have an ultimate skill where they can kill a living pawn to resurrect a dead one.

Bios' Reaper class has both might and magic abilities, getting access to stamina and mana pools. Though they only have 50 in each, instead of 100. Which can be a big issue with slinging spells because arcane weakness is based on percentage of mana used, and they have half as much mana as other classes. Anyways, on top of also getting access to the infuriate spell they get:

Dark Flight: Flies to a target anywhere on the map apparently.

Shadow Walk: Teleports directly to any other pawn, doesn't seem to have a range or require a line of sight. Costs more than Dark Flight, but you can get bonuses by spending points. Lingering Shadow turns the caster invisible upon arrival and Shadow's Caress will heal the caster, heal the target if friendly, and also cloak the target if friendly.

On the might side they got:

Scorn: Will turn the caster into a winged demon for a time, flying to the target and doing an AOE on landing. They'll keep the form for a bit and will have increased physical abilities and a shield. I believe this is the ultimate ability that the succubus class gets.

Somnolence: I think this will reduce the consciousness of a target. The description isn't exactly.. descriptive.

Dementia: Make the target wander in confusion. Not bad to temporarily keep an enemy from attacking

Possess: This ability is meant to be a gimmick for another class, not sure why its also here on a class thats supposed to be the shotgun guy from Overwatch. It will let the caster take possession of another pawn. If possessing a friendly it buffs them, but you can also possess a hostile (though all other hostiles will know they were possessed). Funny thing though, this ability is so expensive Bios literally cannot cast it. With the full 5 points in coordination (reduces stamina costs by 3% per level) its still too expensive, I'd have to burn levels in the possess skill itself, possibly all 3 levels to reduce it 18%.

Then we have NGDB's shade class. It is also a dual class, but it still has the full 100 points for stamina and mana pools. On the might side we have:

Shadow Strike: Teleports to a target and does a powerful attack They get a 5 second haste buff and will return to their original location after 5 seconds. The attack from this ability can do 3x the damage, but will scale down with heavier weapons. Leveling it up will increase the damage by 5% per level, reduce stamina cost by 4% or adds several bonuses to the skill, in this order: 2 seconds invisibility, +1 second, throws a splash of nightshade around them that hits enemy in 2 meters, increases the severity, gives another meter to the splash

Nightshade: Coats the weapon in a toxin, with ranged weapons only being 40% as effective. Costs 30 stamina to maintain and reduces regen by 50%.

Veil of Shadows: Creates a fog around the caster that gives the caster invisibility and the smoke acts like regular smoke, stopping turrets from targeting and reduces ranged attack accuracy by 60%. Leveling it up will give an extra second of invisibility (up to 15 seconds), reduce stamina costs or increases the smoke's radius by 10% and also gives a movement and manipulation buff by 20% per level (up to 5 levels)

Then on the magic side we got...

Blink: Teleports the caster to a location. Doesn't come with anything else special, but it casts quick and can be cast again quicker than other movement spells.

Summon: Brings a selected object to the caster. I believe this also includes pawns.

Soul Bond: Bonds the caster to a target for buffs to the caster and debuffs to the target. This is another ability that succubus/Warlocks get. On top of getting buffs, it also lets the caster either teleport to the bonded pawn or teleport the bonded pawn to themselves. The skills for it increases the buffs to the caster and decreases the debuffs to the bonded.

Shadow Walk: Just like Bios' version.

I know first update I had some reservations with Slaan both being the constructor and grower, but really its not a bad pairing since builders will need to chop down trees and the speed is gauged by their plants skill. So they can tear down all these trees faster for all the roofing I ordered to be built. My plan will be to roof off the entire island (minus the growing zones) to keep the vampires in the darkness. For the most part the vampires wont need to leave the base, but I might roof off the water surrounding the bridge.

Also I want to point out the carpeting in the rooms, this is sea bed carpeting. This gives the "Corsair style surroundings" moodlet, and thankfully unlike mind bend carpet it costs the same as regular carpet (mind bend was something silly like 20 cotton per tile. This is just 7)

The colony was starting to get the "no conquest" moodlet so I sent Slaan and Bios off to do some pillaging and here I do something that I have no idea why I haven't been doing. Instead of immediately draining downed enemies why don't I extract hemogen off them. THEN kill them.

This is like the 4th time in a raid I've seen this exact load out, deserter armor and a railgun. Are these guys actually deserts? Do they not know that WE are also deserters? But eh, I dig it. Its one especially lethal pawn mixed into the group that I need to keep an eye out for. And if I can manage to down them without killing them (they all come with a death acidifier) I get some sweet loot! Unfortunately, since they stay so far away from combat, by the time I can push to them they usually flee.

Well you're about to get several more holes in that outfit.

Slaan continues being a monster with a shotgun.

A raider runs up with a grenade and funnily enough after throwing it Senrath immediately goes into hiding for cover mode.

After this I go and mess with the load out option that combat extended adds. I make one for Slaan to carry shotgun shells, 30 of buckshot and slug. Buckshot for unarmored guys, slugs for armored.

Don't let your dreams be dreams NGDBSS, go forth and make an impressive bedroom built by your own two hands!

Oh, well congrats these two. I guess helping build an impressive bedroom was truly captivating.

With all of the extra wood I build up a fish trap, which isn't a part of vanilla fishing but is a different mod. This passively catches fish every few days and it has a radius around itself that you can't place additional traps at.

Some meadow aves wander into the map and I try to recruit one. 11% success rate :( Its even worse cause these are as far as possible from the colony, and they're only awake during the day. So VideoWitch needs to head on out there, in the sun, with the mood penalty aaaaand

Why is all the rum gone? Thankfully Bios manages to talk VideoWitch out of their binge.

And now for the second ancient danger. Gonna pop the caskets...

Aaaand Senrath missed every shot and the bugs came out. Alright, lets do this the old fashion way.

For his punishment, he will be the one that opens the casket personally, putting himself at risk but its fine he has the heaviest armor

Every casket had a hostile, but the cryptosleep sickness kept them from doing much. Inside the hermatic crate was a medical skill trainer which is really nice as the highest skilled doctor in the colony is 4. This shoots Bios up to 7. Also in the room are 3 glitterworld medpacks, which will be very nice to have...

This is one of the occupants. And look at that shooting skill! Also they're a body modder and already came with an energy core in their heart. Patching her up and starting the converting process....

Our neighbors ask to watch one of their pets. That psylink can be nice, a free psycast level. Whats the deal with the recruit reward?

Double social is pretty nice, more planting and constructing.... No real combat stats though. Wait

I open palm slam this reward option.

Holy hell this thing is absolutely metal.

It's like a scyther mixed with a wyvern. Can I keep Cherub?

I almost forgot, gotta have one of the crabs punch the prisoner a bit until they get infected.

And of course after Slaan took a nasty beating from the prisoner, raids start showing up to try and kill Cherub. Bios and VideoWitch perform the forbidden simultaneous heart rip maneuver and rush down the invaders.

Farewell, Cherub :cry:

And now Atom has become crab.

Here is Lynn... wait. What the actual gently caress. I've been ripped off! But thats ok, I have a plan.

It involves throwing him in a casket and forgetting about him for now.

Oh... oh right there is that linked to the mind thing. So a prisoner breaking will effect the rest of the colonists. poo poo. I should've held off on the infection until right before recruiting.

Man Atom is absolutely going to loving hate everyone when they finally join.

This is why you get your rear end kicked, Atom.

... For example.

When not picking social fights with the prisoner the vampires do their research. I wanted to show off the nautical style for the hi tech bench.

I recall conversion rituals to be more effective than using the ritual ability (both share the same cooldown), so lets give this a try.

It took Atom from the 60s to the 20s. So thats great. Also without any attempt of recruitment, her will was already at 0 for some reason so as soon as she converts I think I can instantly recruit her.

The island so far. I seem to have dyslexic priorities as I put effort on the southwest part of the island while also working on the northeast shore. Also note the shadows, thats all the places covered in roofs. Soon the vampires will be able to walk around the island without getting a heft movement and mood penalty.

Another raid and you know whats frustrating with the random genes? A lot of them spawn in with a summoning gene so the enemy just spawns a bunch of animals directly on top of my colonists. One of the downed animals here is straight up a feralisk.

I use NGDBSS' shadow strike ability and holy poo poo!

I go ahead and power up the intel scraper to get some intel and start doing deserter stuff again. Gotta wait for everyone to finish their deathresting.

Especially now that we have BraveLittleToast an official member of the colony! And they came with a suit of recon armor :toot:

While thats sweet and all I believe there are some protocols being broken here. Doesn't one need to get an OK from the captain of the ship to marry?

So we have 2 imperial raid options here. Both have a travel time of a day and a half. One way. If only I was able to tame those aves. Why can't those targets be closer, like that relic quest that is 2 hexes from the base?

I got those 2 quests for free, so I use the 10 intel I got earlier to call in a shuttle. May as well cut the travel time in half.

drat shuttle landed everyone right in front of a bunch of turrets :argh: There are 4 of these dang things all around the base. Frustrating cause of their long range and as far as I know there is no way to depower them.

I have everyone take the long way around and punch in through the back to avoid the turrets.

There is a surveillance pillar here. No way to take it out at a distance, and I'm sure the power for it is inside of its radius.

Inside of the objective room are all of these computers which can have intel extracted. Though it takes a very long time to go through, I gather a few and then bounce before someone mentally breaks and run in front of the turrets.

I have them stop over at a hunting site on the way home to get some food, hemogen and kill satiety and Bios decides mid combat to have a mental break. You know I could fill you kill need if you just swung a few more times before deciding to stop fighting.

And upon coming home it is time to boogy after a successful raid!

And look at such booty to adorn our chests! Oh wait, thats just the corsair style dresser.

Slaan and NGDBSS have their wedding.. outside. I guess they wanted a beach side marriage. Whats sad though is that only Bios is attending.

And we got some wedding crashers here!

We now have the colony properly walled off and I built out that extension to the west to force the raiders to come in from the west. BLT is running with a heavy SMG and is doing some work. Ignore being shot, somehow Senrath managed to completely miss the wide open corridor and shot BLT.

Look at all of these downed raiders! All the hemogen, kill satiety and death knelling!

And don't forget the body consuming!

And time to start generating hemogen. The Poor is an appropriate name. I had Bios try to replace their legs with peg legs, which I can then remove which will keep them from moving. Except Bios somehow hosed up cutting off a person's leg :argh: Once we can remove all their legs and make them unable to move, prisoners can't mentally break. Makes keeping prisoners much easier. Once I get another 3 prisoners set up for hemogen farming I'll finally turn NGDBSS into a vampire.

I do go ahead and give BLT a promotion though, into our shady smuggler. Everyone has been complaining about the lack of one for a *very* long time. To become one a pawn needs 6 shooting, as they are just basically a shooting specialist. Annoyingly though, there is some pretty steep downsides to this class, which is why I held off on assigning this class. Namely it cannot do a bunch of labors: mining, cooking, all crafting, constructing or planting. Oh and it can't use melee attacks for some reason. Cause pirates never use swords.

At this point in the colony though, a dedicated cleaner/hauler is appreciated. I'm sure VideoWitch will miss having someone else handle mining.

The main island is walled up, work is being done in walling off the other side of the water. Once I get to halfway to the south on both ends I'll wall off that western area to force raiders to go through the water. I've put random embrasures along the walls, colonists shouldn't be wandering around the embrasures so I shouldn't risk people getting shot through them. I can start building some bridges along the embrasures and put up some barbed wire to keep raiders from running up to them. I don't think the AI is smart enough to have them go up to embrasures and wait for someone to get into firing range, but you never know.

Anyways here is a cannon, with a nearby shelf stocked with grapeshot. The cannon was available to build from the start, to make the cannon shells for it I needed to research machining and gunpowder. To make grapeshot its just steel, same with regular cannon balls. Then there are flame shells that require FSX which needs to be milked from boomalopes.

And to go with our expanding military equipment, steel helmets pirate hats. A pawn's head is always exposed when in cover, so if they do get hit its going to be in the head. Shame though, I prefer the look of the tricorn hats. Hell if it was cold the tuques look like pirate bandanas.

Avast me hearties! Prepare to repel borders!

:sickos:

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 20, 2024

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Marauding Way 6

Meet the trash pile. The water makes things deteriorate faster, its really helpful in getting rid of tainted clothing that I can't melt down. There are some EMP shotgun shells in here. Since there are no mechs, there isn't any point to having them.

With the farm I got wheat coming in so I can make bakes., with the cooking expanded mod. This lets me stretch out food. Look I've been burned bad last colony, I'm making drat sure food is coming in.

Especially as I need to get hemogen coming in. I've been going slow in taking in prisoners, not just because of food but also a lot of downed raiders will bleed out quick and I don't think I can stabilize them in time.

Mmm, delicious bake. Seeing how its flour and fish, wouldn't that just be a chowder? Hopefully now that people are eating fine meals, they'll stop mentally breaking and punching out prisoners.

Here we have BLT enjoying some (single player) volleyball! I actually had this mod last colony but never built anything from it. It adds volleyball, soccer and basketball. These build up melee skill for some reason instead of shooting.

Hey, as long as the leg is off!

Oh god why?

Oh hey thats one way to remove the legs :razz:

And now that the prisoners can't mentally break, its time to set up automated feeding. First I had to make some beds cause these don't work with sleeping spots. But then I set up a nutrient paste grinder and container and then pipe it to some paste drippers. Pointed at a bed they will automatically feed pawns in the bed, so now the wardens wont have to carry food over. And I can go ahead and throw human and insect meat in there to feed the prisoners.

And now it is time to enjoy some sea shanties! Remember folks, be kind while pillaging the neighbors! Other things BLT talks about :

The meaning of camaraderie
The death of your enemies is a motivator
How furious the crew is
How nutty the crew is
The terrible culture of the crew's enemies.

And on top of this we got an ancient complex quest from it, and whats great is that its a short distance from the colony!

Intel was about to expire and I didn't want to gamble it on a quest thats off in the mountains where it takes 4 days to go. One way. I instead buy some stuff and hey, something actually showed up in a close enough distance! And while heading that way I also have Bios and BLT take a bunch of hats, drugs and guns I wont be using to sell.

Approaching the dead drop location we end up in a gallatross graveyard that is also a feralisk infested jungle. Thankfully no feralisks are on the map. No gallatross either, I feel ripped off.

Anyways, I got another monosword for VideoWitch. Then I'll need another for NGDBSS...

Alright, time to destroy a tribal village for the crime of worshiping a computer.

Such a quaint little village...

And now the vampires get to max out their hemogen, kill thirst and psyfocus!

I walled off the western land bridge and moved the cannon over to the south side of the island.

I loving love this thing!

And now we got enough prisoners (well, one of them will be used for an execution as he has asthma and I don't want colonists wasting time treating it)

Time to ascend NGDBSS to vampirehood! Also I just realized they were in my Code Vein LP where you play as a vampire and I swear this wasn't intentional.

:toot: Also Bios now has a 2 year genes regrowing health condition. If I were to try and inject another pawn it'll kill Bios.

While this isn't a ritual execution, it does give some mood bonus. I like to imagine that they still do the heart rip when doing this.

I start throwing down beds in every room and Slaan comes up with this masterpiece. The tooth fairy is hardcore.

Time to collect another relic piece! Bios, BLT and Senrath pile on in.

Its fun doing ancient complexes with a faction who fears fire :supaburn: Two computers are hacked and everyone heads on back to base.

After some pillaging I start checking all the various gibbets, either for bodies that have good skills to resurrect or good genes to steal (still haven't done it yet, I'm sorry). So far no real winners...

:lmao: what the gently caress?

Jesus christ, look at all that. Some wild things one can come up with in the gene system. This is an archite gene though which cannot be incorporated by a crab.

Back at home I got a geothermal vent going and I set up a chemfuel heater to heat up the colony as its getting colder and everyone is complaining about sleeping in the cold. Also I got a biofuel refinery up to refine all the crap in the colony.

This shot both shows the status of the walls, almost got everything covered, and that there is a bloodmoon going on. But thats fine, I got like 30 hemogen packs laying around. Draining hostiles really helps stretch out the packs.

Well I got all those spare rooms, plus all that corn from the previous site so...

You gotta admire the stones on these people who see an island of vampires and hulking crab people and go "I wanna stay there". Skill wise they have some intelligence so I can have them handle researching during the day while the vampires sleep. One of them also has good construction and crafting so I can have them churn out some bricks and then help with the walls. Sadly none of them have any mining skill worth a drat.

Meanwhile the kid they brought is running up our minutes :argh:

Whats that? Whats "minutes"? God I'm old :smith:

Some raiders showed up and while Senrath uses their bolt action and one of the refugees mans the cannon, I have some fun with Slaan and BLT using their quick aim, short range weapons with their ability to see at night and have insane movement speed in the water to just run around the enemy and blast away at them.

After some death knell'ing, NGDBSS levels up and as a bonus to the tribal background they can unlock the wildspeaker psycast tree. The abilities for here is:

Casting a bunch of brambles on a fertile area.
Causing a bunch of crops to grow in an area, dependent on the psychic sensitivity.
Calming manhunting animals or tame them, with psychic sensitivity determining success.
The ability to send a bunch of animals in an area into a manhunting rage
Growing trees in an area
Putting a shield over colony animals that block ranged attacks
The above, but on a nature shrine. The description specifically mentions mortars being negated
The ability to make animals hostile to enemies
The ability to link another colonist and an animal. If the colonist dies the animal is instead killed. Puts the caster in a 6 hour coma
The ability to summon a bunch of animals off screen to defend the colony. They leave after the last enemy is killed

Bios gets not only the first deathrest casket but an attachment to it, the accelerator. As you can guess, it speeds up death resting. Now it only takes 3 days to deathrest!

drat, a week already? Well the wall is almost finished. I appreciate the help in research, almost got something important finished.

Oh sweet, finally got an ave! Sadly all the others have long since left the map :(

I also got soil reclaimation researched so I can start placing down dirt along the beach and then use fertilizer (cremating rotten/skeletal bodies) to plow the soil for faster growth rates. Then I got devilstrand growing cause I'll need it for some spell scrolls.

I feel so bad for Senrath's ears...

Thats right, duck for cover :zoid:

Right after having NGDBSS go for a death rest Slaan comes down with the flu. This is all of our constructing pawns :argh:

It might be difficult to see in a still image, but top right of the geothermal generator is some steam, which starts showing up when things need to be maintained. Having all the construction colonists out of commission for so long was not great.

And who said charity was good for nothing?

Jeeze who is the moneybags that came through the colony?

Holy poo poo that dropped 425 gold?! No wonder a party was just thrown!

Oh right, sieges. Those are a thing. Hrm....

Just gonna yoink the barrels...

And then throw a wail of doom here...

Yesss.... Let chaos reign!

And look at all these nice toys left behind! We got some plasteel flak armor, jannisary armor and helmets and flak pants. Also some backpacks are mixed in here. Backpacks lets a pawn carry more bulk. This and mass are restrictions on what can be carried. But really, right now everyone seems to be fine without it. I think more mass will also reduce speed so fo rnow I'll just keeps these off. Then there was a gunlink which I gave to BLT. I was going to hand it to Senrath but they can't wear it with the deserter helmet.

Speaking of Senrath, here he is looking like he is wearing a duster and a shirt and not the armor. Well there is a mod that lets you set a pawn to look like they're wearing certain gear without having to wear it. I was worried that the colonists would look less like pirates as they get better armor but now I don't have to worry about that.

Also my god look at all of that armor. Every waking moment Bios is awake they're smelting arms and armor and can't keep up. I'll need another colonist that just handles that.

Devilstrand came in, made a very important spell scroll. Don't want that armor breaking now!

While pillaging I have BLT use incorporate on a neanderthal. I was hoping for robust, but as you can see that wasn't an option. I go with the low intelligence, may as well bank extra metabolism for when I find some of the good genes.

... Too bad they already have awful intellectual :shepface:

Got some raiders who just wouldn't break and reached the entrance of the colony. When they finally broke they all tried to rush down the doors, into the waiting blades of the vampires.

Oh look! A way to travel without it taking such an annoyingly long time! Being able to fly to the nearby settlements and trade off all these cowboy hats in a flash.

Welp, the crabs are too hulky to tag along with anyone in the ship. Well, lets see what 2 vampires can do.

Here is a convoy ambush. Stopped vehicle, handful of imperials, and a strike buoy which will call in an air strike on it if our colonists walk into the radius.

First Bios sows some discord while they move closer. Side note: You know whats REALLY nice about the skip? Being able to caravan at night, because pawns will always sleep at night. Yes even if their schedule is set to be awake at night. So this meant anywhere the vampires caravan'd it would happen in the day and they get all the debuffs.

Yep, don't mind us. Just gonna see how this plays out.

Dear god man! And no, that isn't the downed person. Thats the guy standing

I tried to get sneaky with the loot crate in the buoy's radius...

:saddowns:

But hey, finally doing some actual deserter stuff. Only took oh... 2 and a half years.

Alright gonna try something out. I keep reading about how crazy armor is, especially paired with a good melee pawn. Bios has 17 melee. Some spells and psycast stuff, lets give it all a try hrm?

Opening up with a shadow step which also gives some invisibility.

They tried to rush the skip but Bios managed to cut them off and after a few more swings they all ran. So yes, Bios just solo'd a farming site of like 11 people.

Back at base NGDB learned the crop burst psycast and I tried it on the devilstrand, thinking it would insta grow them. I mean, it certainly grew A mushroom. But that wiped all the growth of my devilstrand :negative:

I have the main base enclosed and put down some nice red sea carpeting in the hallways. I have a large radiator in the hallways as well as an AC unit to keep the base regulated. Even without vents the rooms are still benefiting from this. I'm holding off on putting carpet down in the bedrooms until someone moves in, so I can see what their favorite color is.

Then I did some work in the temple room. Then there are some items from the Dark Ages Crypts and Tombs mod, namely those braziers. Specifically bloodflame braziers. The only way to get bloodflame torches is from that event where sanguophages show up at your colony, with this I can build my own. It costs 10 hemogen packs (and 60 bricks) to build one. They can be meditated at but I'll need to unlock the fire meditation type for the vampires. Till then, the vampires enjoy the bloodflames. And I do like the red glow they give.

Also to the left of VideoWitch's meditation spot is a burial urn, from the same mod. It shows that it gives a psyfocus bonus to meditation and I would've thought it'd be a morbid meditation type but.. it isn't?

And since we got all that gold from that one suit of golden plate armor, I go ahead and build one out of gold in the workshop room. Slaan made this a masterwork and its worth just over 8k :eyepop:

I sent Bios to an ancient complex with info on one of our relics and whoa whoa whoa!

And you know whats wild? After swapping out their plate armor for this Bios' movement speed actually increased, that carry weight buff was no joke.

This is a cause for celebration!

There is always something to ruin the mood :mad:

Leal fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 20, 2024

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
My pawn's quite a deadly motivational speaker.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

so now with the shadowstep and grappling hook i am also a ninja

this is good and fun

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Who needs ninja moves and charisma when you got a shotgun in your claw :crab:

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Hell yeah cool sword!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Marauding Way 7

We got quite the stockpile of hemogen piling up...

What can Senrath be cooking up? (sorry for not lighting the room up yet)

A truly sweet snack for the vampires! I got a mod that adds a few hemogen based foods. As a bonus not only will this provide some nutrition but also replenish a bit of hemogen, so it isn't a total waste of hemogen. I set up food permissions to make sure only the vampires will eat hemogen food.

The Empire sent a warband over to chop down some trees. I can ignore these guys but I go around taking a look at each person...

Hmmm yes, this'll do.

I have Bios use shadow walk to appear in Pospus' shadow and start stabbing them in the head while invisible.

Now that he is dead...

Success!

Yes, they are so dead set on chopping trees the enemy just lets Bios waltz off with someone they just killed.

Time to use up one of VideoWitch's fingers.

And now Pospus is ready for capture!

I did this because there was not gonna be any other way to down him that doesn't result in accidental dismemberment. I do want to recruit him, so all limbs must be kept.

A raid came through and hey, scored another deserter armor and helmet. But I also want to point the god drat bouldermitt that one of the raiders was able to just summon. But thats not the worst part...

One of the raiders did some psycast and suddenly VideoWitch's monosword is just gone. That is incredibly bullshit! And no, it isn't a case of switching the weapon to the caster or making the target drop it, its just gone.

I'm a big dumb idiot and forgot she dropped it after going into a coma when resurrecting Pospus

Then a mad muffalo event happened. Didn't really need to bring in the vampires to form a line, those muffalos didn't stand up much to buckshot.

Even after joining the colony, everyone just wants to beat up BLT. I don't know why.

But hey, it got Bios to 19 melee!

I decide it would be better to move prisoners I intend to recruit out of the general holding area and in their future bedroom. If they see how we live, surely they'll be more willing to join!

Sup nerds, hope you don't mind Bios crash landing through the roof. We need to check out the computer here.

Another village brutally put to the sword in pursuit of religion.

Wow, rude? Do you want to go back to the room with the amputees and vomit everywhere?

This guy shows up and uses drugs to speed up his movement and he has water striding so he absolutely blitzes through the water... just to run into melee range instead of firing off his rocket launcher. Good job bud.

And some of these raiders decide they're going to break away and just destroy random sections of the outer wall for no reason.

And here is a second group doing that. Thankfully Bios and NGDBSS' shadow walk will let them teleport directly to these people and get them to knock that poo poo out.

.... so if a raider also has the mind link gene, even if they aren't the same xenotype, it effects the crabs. This... this shouldn't work like this. I had to turn on devmod and stop their mental breaks before they ran off the map.

Another fungaloid ship has landed and look at this

It landed close to the west gate. This is good. VERY good indeed :getin:

Step 1: Build a box

Step 2: Put a rot stink emitting ship part inside that box

Step 3: Build walls to redirect the rotstink to your colony

Optional but recommended step: Get your newest recruit Talow infected. Then send them to mine so you don't accidentally tend it.

So yes, Talow here will be providing a much needed mining skill to the colony. Also he has some good construction skill and I can have him operate during the day while Slaan and NGDBSS are sleeping. Also I gave them an LMG

Interesting, he gets to keep the neanderthal genes on top of the crab ones. Though this does mean he has the poor shooting gene. Maybe I should swap him over to a melee crab. Or hope a raider comes through with a good shooter gene. Then again, those claws ARE used in combat. They're for more than attracting mates!

Anyway, here is Talow after crab. I got a lot of things I need to have mined out. Besides the steel here there is some jade nearby that I want to collect.

Why? I was actually watching this cause I was micro'ing the mining. There was no exchanging of words. Senrath just waltzed up and Talow yelled out and started swinging.

Well they better get along, cause I'm leaving them to defend the colony while Slaan and BLT go out to this complex to get info on the relic. Since they have the short range weapons, they'll be better off in these tight quarters. Provided they're not all that smart so they'll take twice as long to hack these terminals. Oops.

You don't know how nice it is that these tiny bugs aren't impossible to hit, like in vanilla combat. Oh no, Combat Extended might become a permanent part of my modlist!

Behold, the engineering marvel of the colony! All that corpse rot filtered straight into the western gate. A longer project will be to build a hallway with the outer wall and direct all that straight into the entry way where raiders enter the water. For now though I can ensure our colonists get the lung rot strength by hanging around here for a bit.

After that complex is finished up we got enough clues to find the relic. I send Bios on over alone because well...

Interesting! Remember how I disabled mechs? Well yeah, most of them didn't show up. For some reason scorchers are still here though. It would be the fire mechs... I have Bios run in, grab the bottle and book it on out of there.

The ideology stuff just keeps coming. I finally researched fabrication and holo-projectors so I can finally make our ideologies decorative items. God why didn't I change these to be made out of regular bricks? Anyways...

:shepface:

So NGDBSS is now on full research duty to get the last 2 points needed to be able to craft this.

But hey, at least they got a work frenzy inspiration so the colony will be getting more research points. God I hope this effects research point generation. Also check out that nautical version of the multi analyzer. Man the mod creator really put a lot of effort in this.

Since NGDB is taking over Bios on research, I send Bios out to take out an aerodrone. Remember Bios, this is a sneaking mission.

:doh:

In continuing to be non stealthy I walk Bios directly up to this survelliance pillar. Oh no, 10 visibility. Maybe Damocles will finally give me a trader at some point.

And in true form to anime, Bios will destroy this airship that is surely armored to withstand gunfire with a sword.

Attack aerodrone that probable cost millions < sword

The weekly raid shows up and holy cow look at the range of the LMG! When the user stands still a bipod is deployed, which I think helps with aim.

Now the reason I got a pile of bodies out here isn't just so the water will get rid of them faster, but then I can have VideoWitch use the enthrall psycast to start raising bodies. Can't wait until Bios picks it up too!

...for some reason they decide to do this.

I think I'm going to just leave bodies out here alone. It adds to the decor.

Hey would ya look at that, we got our first trader!

Apparently its a trader from the last colony with all these silkies and frostbound behemoths. I don't feel like setting up a freezer for the behemoths so I'll pass... I do offload a bunch of ammo I don't plan on using

NGDB hits the 8 intellect needed to make our ideology symbols. I also want to point out the objects bordering the golden bloodflame statue: They're tool chests. Made out of wood. I know, wild right? Got a mod that lets you build them out of other stuff and not just steel.

In front of the lectern we have the first icon, the Marauding Device. Note that the displayed image can be changed, I set it to a proper pirate one. You can also change the colors too, but not black for some reason. Then to the right I have built a bloodflame reliquary, provided by the same mod that has the bloodflame statues. Now it may look empty but the bottle is in there, somewhere. Maybe because its sideways? Well you can't move them after building and building this thing cost a crazy amount of labor, something like 4.5k.

Why do you all hate each other? Aren't you all linked in the brain? Anyways, I got soup making researched, whats that stack of soups BLT emptied out?

Fish, tomatoes and hemogen. Yummy. It is quite expensive to make though, a whopping 20 hemogen packs for 10 soups. Maybe when I really bring in the hemogen I'll make more of these. Till then, gonna just make some fine soups cause they really stretch out nutrition, and can provide mood bonuses unlike nutrient paste.

Oh hey, I had Talow use incorporate on a hussar who have a great shooting gene.

Yeeeeah there we go.

I wanted to show this, not as an addition to the hemogen farm but because their spine was shattered via grapeshot. Also they're a Yttakin who was named Furr. Thats like a human named Skinn.

After Talow mined up some jade I got an arcane forge set up so I can have the magic users turn boulders into magicyte. There has been a very, very long running project I've been wanting to do and I need that magicyte. Besides that, I also built a clothing rack next to the smelter that'll hold tainted, smeltable stuff so I can go through all the armor that the enemy is dropping.

I need to keep an eye out for someone with crafting skills to recruit.

Another aerodrone mission appeared and Bios downed someone with a plasma sword. It aint a monosword, but it'll be a nice upgrade for NGDBSS.

Doing some reworking at base, I moved the farm further toward the beach and extended the rec room to connect with the workshop. I also built a barn for Boko and a fenced off area for any future animals.

Oh thank god finally.

Hey remember Lynn? Now that I got an arcane book I can have him write in it to turn it into a necromancer book.

Now get out of here you medical wreck :argh:

drat, why is this place called Cursed Mark when silver falls out of the sky? Good thing I got a miner!

Speaking of Talow, he was a psionic class. But crabs have the psychically deaf trait, so that isn't compatible at all. So I'll go ahead and use this shard of extraction to remove the class. Doing this drops an essence of might which gives experience for might classes. I have NGDBSS use it.

Alright here is something new added to the now expanded rec room. Slots! I also added a poker table. Of course our colonists can enjoy these themselves, but thats not all...

Time to bring in some guests! They will have to pay 2 silver to play reels or poker, so this can get some passive income. Though occasionally we'll have to pay out. Anyways, whats a pirate's den without some gambling?

Wait, 2 ace of diamonds AND 2 ace of clubs?! Someone is cheating here. You know how we handle cheaters, to Davy Jones' locker! Wait, can you even drown crab/vampires?

Alright alright, calm down. After a night of gambling we go out for conquest.

And what a conquest it'll be! But everyone is going to take a quick side trip to that green hunting site below a friendly city because those and attacking bases are the only things that count as conquest.

Here is the details of the quest. I went with the shoot down since its in the middle of how many dudes I have to fight and how much visibility it gives.

On arrival we see 3 aerodrones and 1 shuttle. And I believe the first time I've shown off this biome ever, which is wild cause its certainly an out there biome. Maybe in another thread I'll embark here... Anyways, at the bottom is our quarry, the one with the plasma sword.

heh, nothing personelle kid *invisibly teleports behinds u and rips out ur heart*

I had VideoWitch use shadow fetters and it downs the target, didn't know it did that. I promptly reform the caravan which let me take Teosus prisoner. Also that plasma sword that Plapalo had? Its an excellent quality one, so score.

Two things, first I got the "imager" of war set up (I don't know if that typo was generated or if I did that. I don't think I renamed any of the ideology stuff) which is a big ol' bote. Secondly we are converting our newest person to be press ganged. I want those medical skills. Having an extra cook would be nice too. I can have them and Senrath be on different sleeping schedules to make sure food is cooked and things are butchered all day.

Oh drat, really? Just one attempt and bam, converted? Why don't I do this more often?

I have BLT use incorporate and whoa, look at that. I guess you can swipe archite genes. See how it shows M:0? That means their metabolism is untouched. Regeneration will heal one old wound, limb or missing organ. And well....

BLT could certainly benefit off it. And good god, she got infected via infector proboscis in THE EYE

I notice some ammunition shortages so its finally time to build up a loading bench. This is where we build pretty much every kind of ammo that isn't for siege weapons. Ammo is made in batches, on the low end 100 and on the high end 500. The .303 round, used in LMGs and bolt action rifles can make 500 bullets for a mere 28 steel. Specialty ammo can require things like chemfuel or prometheum. For now I'm gonna set it to have whatever the batch creates for FMJ for unarmored targets and another for armor piercing rounds. So set it to make sure we have 500 .303 FMJ, and when it hits 250 another batch will be made. God I need another crafting pawn. I mean NGDBSS and Bios are keeping up but I need someone for daytime crafts.

A string of successful imperial raids has left me with 83 intel and they'll be expiring in a week. I know I'm going to forget them so its time to go shopping. I'm picking up 2 declassifiers which will let me get data out of any downed imperials with a title. I believe this is how we get critical intel. Then I got 2 psychic amplifiers, those are the items that will increase a psylink level but cannot be used to form a psylink. Then there is the invisibility engulfer, which will let a pawn turn invisible and goes on a cooldown so it isn't a one time use.

Got over half of the farm set up with plowed soil (gives 160%, requires fertilizer from cremated bodies). I also carved out the hill in the water and plopped a wind turbine as well as 2 solar panels. Some days the batteries are full, other days I'm having to shut down a bunch of stuff to keep the colony from blacking out. I miss nuclear power :(

A successful shanty session revealed an ancient loot complex and hoo boy look at this loot. Next to Bios are 2 neuroformers (the ones that CAN form a neurolink). The 2 deserter amplifiers I used on VideoWitch to grab some skills, I guess Bios can use these. Also there is a medical serum in the room below.

Now I haven't given Bios the thrall or resurrect psycasts, instead I went and unlocked the Warlord tree. As you can probably guess, this is all about buffing the pawn for combat. What this tree has:

Triple the pawn's movement for some time, depending on the pawn's psychic sensitivity. I'm going to call "psychic sensitivity" PS from now on.

Basically the sanguophage's jump ability, distance dependent on the PS.

Going left has blade focus which will double melee attack speed for a time, based on PS.

To the right is ranged focus, which reduces ranged attack cooldown by 80% for a time based on PS

Further up is adrenaline rush, which will block all pain and increases sight, hearing and movement for a time, based on PS

Above that is 3 choices, from the left is controlled frenzy which will double damage. Each kill will reduce the caster's heat and resets the duration of the buff

Center is guided shot which doubles the range of the caster's gun and ensures they will always hit their shot. Buff time based on PS

Beckon will force the target to walk to the caster. Might not sound amazing, but if someone is moving they aren't shooting.

Then at the very top on the left is killskip. This teleports the caster to a target and damages them, based on the caster's melee skill. If it kills the target the caster teleports to the next enemy and does it again, and continues to do so until they fail to kill a target or there are no more targets. Guess which ability I'm beelining?

On the right is mass beckon. Now the entire enemy army wont shoot!

Then on VideoWitch I unlocked the Nightstalker tree. This one has a bunch of abilites based on... the night. Whoa.

On the bottom and left is darkvision. It lets the target see in the dark. Everyone has nightvision so....

On the right is darkness. It generates darkness in the area based on the user's PS. Shots going into or through this aura will miss. This is going to be very nice with the turrets the empire loves to have

Next tier up on the left is obscure. In an area around the user every ally turns invisible until they attack.

On the right is eclipse which will cause an eclipse weather event to happen.

Next up on the left is shadowskip, which will let the user teleport to any spot that is dark on the map. This is the primary reason I went with this, as NGDB and Bios have teleport spells but VideoWitch doesn't.

On the right is decoy which summons a decoy that enemies will focus on. The duration is based on the casters PS

Next up on the left is shadowfocus, which augments the caster's PS depending on how dark the area they're standing in is.

On the right is intensify shadows which will turn every spot on the map with less than 50% light into total darkness

Final tier on the left is assassinate which will teleport them to and from a target in the dark, with the number of hits depending on the caster's PS

On the right is nightstep, which will let the caster teleport allies in an area to the shadow of another ally. Basically this is gateskip, but it has to be done at night. This is one I really want to get, cause then I can fly someone to a spot I want to attack and then teleport everyone over, then teleport back home.

This is how the colony currently looks. I'm gonna have Talow carve out those hills to the south in the water, just gotta provide as little cover as possible for the enemy. I'm not sure what to do with the hills to the west, against the water. If I carve that out the enemy will head around it to get to the land right there, and that will reduce the kind of weapons I can have shoot out there. Part of me wants to wall off the little bit of beach there, but then that'll provide the enemy with cover to shoot at the western gate. I should probably put some explosives there that I can shoot at to set off when the enemy gets up there.

Gonna need to make some plans quick, looks like we got some idle hands here. What are these guys, the pirates who don't do anything?

Leal fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Apr 10, 2024

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah putting down my cool sword and immediately forgetting to pick it back up does sound like something I'd do

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was so close to turning on devmode to cheat a replacement and I happened to look over at my other screen and saw the image of the sword being dropped after the resurrection :doh:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Marauding Way 8

Ah there we go, miss these messages. Do you just happen to have nearly 23k silver just laying around?

Alright lets get this over with. Wait, whats with these guys? Why do they look like that?

HEY! I was in the middle of researching these :argh: So yeah, hey remember that whole pirates expanded mod? This is the main thing of that mod. Yeah uh... there isn't much "pirates" to the pirates expanded mod, its kinda weird. The cannon was like the only thing piratey. The corsair style isn't even from pirates expanded. Anyways, warcaskets! You entomb a pawn in armor and bam, warcasket. They pretty much cannot do anything labor wise minus hauling and in exchange they get defenses out the rear end and can carry powerful weapons.

Time to bring out the AP ammo.

Oof, that range they have. They can use the bends in the walls as cover too. This... is going to be a problem, the cannons aren't doing much against them either.

First I get VideoWitch to shadow skip to the other side of the wall and then use infuriate to distract the enemy.

I get Bios and NGDBSS to teleport over and start attacking these guys, if they can't shoot then they shouldn't be too bad, and they have armor penetrating weapons. But look at this, they can continue to stand even after getting their legs chopped off!

I have the crabs hide because they are just not doing anything. Even with AP ammo the enemy is just getting bruised up.

I had the vampires hide behind the wall and rush any enemy who rounds the corner and then I used NGDBSS' ability where they do a teleport, deal a bunch of damage and then teleport back and it causes the rest of the enemy to break and flee.

So... gonna need to figure out a better way to take care of these guys. Might be time to start getting some better weapons.

While I figure that out, hey whats that thing that Talow is putting hemogen packs into?

Aaaah, there is a container that I'm building in the former outpost building. The individual packs are starting to take up a lot of space, so this will condense it all down to this vat. Now how do we get the hemogen out for use?

I have built a tap out in the rec room which will produce packs from the vat. I have the taps set to a critical priority and the drains set to preferred, this way I don't have my pawns in a loop of moving hemogen to the drain and then going back to the tap to bring back to the drain.

I also dug out a hospital room and brought the medical bed and analyzer into the room. Conveniently next to the grog dispenser to bring meals to the patients.

Neat, we can melt down the warcasket rifles and get some plasteel from it. I do make sure to keep a few for when I start making warcasket pawns. Now that I know shadow fetters can down a pawn I'll make the next pawn I capture one, assuming they don't have any useful skills (by which I mean crafting. Please crafters of the rim, attack us)

Taking a look at the ammo and dear lord, their main weapons are just AT rifles.

Oh that is hilarious. Guests will be scared to enter if your colonists are social fighting. Its fine guys, this is just how we show camaraderie!

Welcome SugarAddict, both to the colony and to vampirehood! That will round off our fourth and final vampire. I know I said I was going to make the next pawn into a warcasket, but I meant the one after this. Why go with this pawn as a vampire?

Empire pawns can get access to the Archon psycast tree
. I'm wrong its another psycast tree that starts with A. And what does this tree have?

Word of trust will reduce a prisoner's resistance. So faster recruitment at the cost of psyfocus

Next tier up on the left is word of productivity which makes the target more productive. And the duration is based on the target's PS. So this wont work well with the crabs, but NGDBSS (and Bios in a pinch) can craft, and vampire's PS are supposed to be high. Actually, I wonder if this works with researching. (Future note: Using it, it gives a +25% bonus to work speed and makes the target 25% more hungry. Using it on NGDBSS it provided the buff for 5 days)

On the right is blinding pulse will blind people in a radius. Duration is based on PS, don't know if thats the target's or the caster's

Next tier on the left is word of alliance, which will improve relations with the faction the target belongs to. Obviously pointless with hostile factions

In the center is group link, which will link all pawns in a radius. Linked pawns will be effected by a single "word of" psycast. Says the links end when anyone moves out of range, I don't know if this means the effect will also stop or if you can link everyone up, buff, then go on and the buff stays.

On the right is word of pain, which will inflict pain on a pawn. However its based on the target's PS, so this can be useful against pawns with high PS and useless on psychically deaf pawns.

Next tier on the left is mind break which "lobotomizes the target and turns them into a serving, restless thrall". Interesting.

On the right is word of protection will make the target more durable for a "long time" and it scales on the caster's PS

Next tier, this time on the right, is mass hallucination. It uh... I have no idea what this description means: "Convinced nearby pawns that rooms are the absolute best they could possibly be." This lasts 5 days and also puts the caster into a 5 day coma. I... I don't know what that means. But I don't think its worth losing a pawn for 5 days.

On the left is drain psyessence. This seems to work like psychic death knell that the ideology provides. It destroys a downed, psychic capable pawn's body and gives the caster psycast experience based on the target's psylink level. So in short, THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! Apparently this causes diplomatic relation penalties.

Part of me wants to say that I should've saved the neuroformers from last update to shoot SugarAddict up the ranks. But given how our psyfocus gain works, its gonna be better to let them get the XP from using deathknell and the psyfocus ritual I should be doing more often. Then once it gets to the point where they need to death knell 5+ pawns to get a level, I should move over to using intel to buy the psylink level uppers. Then again, being able to steal levels from other pawns means I could've shot them up to that point and not worry. Eh.

I had a funny joke here about drinking iced coffee and smoking cigs but I just cannot get over how no one ever says anything nice to one another.

I mean, I guess they are pirates after all.

SugarAddict has a tumor in a kidney, I think our blood banks can loan a spare kidney. Gotta grind out that double passion medical somehow! A bonus to having guests visiting is that sometimes they drop glitterworld medicine, so I have Bios use that to replace SugarAddict's kidney. Bios actually has better medical despite having no passions. Thats what years of hemogen extracting can do!

Behold, a 3 on 1 game of volleyball. Thats unsporting isn't it?

Chugging alon with getting SugarAddict settled in. Handed them the excellent plasma sword and now I'm going to use this gem of arcane insight (it costs 500 friggin' magicyte! I set the forge to continue infusing chunks until I have 500 on hand) and then...

Finally, the necromancer class! The abilities are:

Raise undead, which will... raise dead creatures as the undead. This can also work on animals. For pawns it turns them into a slave and they get all sorts of skill penalties but hey, they don't need to eat or sleep. Also other pawns will get a mood penalty seeing the undead. I... will probably not really use this since we got this pseudo zombie thing going on already. However if I were to use it, the cost for keeping undead pawns is that the necromancer will get a penalty to their max mana as well as their mana regeneration. And if they can't upkeep their zombies the zombies will die.

Death mark will make the target attack slower. If you were to make your necromancer a lich and get access to the death bolt spell, this will buff that spell.

Fog of torment will create damage living things in the radius while healing the undead.

Consume corpse will replenish the caster's mana. Equipped gear will be dropped from the corpse. With some skill points put into it it can also heal the caster. This will actually be pretty sweet for having SugarAddict be a mana battery by consuming corpses.

Corpse explosion will make a body explode. I'm sure this can get absolutely silly if I can kill a single enemy in a group and then detonate the body.

Then you can turn the necromancer into a lich. Liches will get 50 more mana, a 50% increase to mana generation, gets all kinds of damage resistances, healing and will be immune to disease. They also will no longer need to sleep or eat and can fly. Also the death bolt ability will be unlocked. As a penalty they lose all passions, cannot do a bunch of labors and will get a hefty 75% work penalty speed. Oh and they get a straight -2.0 movement speed, which at this point is effectively a 50% movement penalty. I'll be passing on this one.

God drat I love shadow fetters. Not much skill for this person, but double passions in shooting and melee? Guess who is going to be the first to be thrown into a warcasket?

NGDBSS got a creativity inspiration and I had them make a sniper rifle and hot drat I wasn't expecting it to be legendary quality! Though the image on it could've been more metal... Anyways I have Senrath trade out the bolt action for this and set his aim to target the head. Can't wait to see how this works out.

In fact it was so impressive Jaan allied with us! Or it was because they really enjoy boozing and gambling at the colony. Yeah it was probably that.

A raid has come through and got SugarAddict enough psylink levels to get mind break. Well... if this guy is going to be in a warcasket they weren't going to be doing any labor at all anyways so....

Having their mind broken I want to show that not only do they get a permanent +100 to mood but their recreation and sleep need have been disabled. Looking at what I can assign him, even though "skilled" is disabled, I guess doctoring, art and research are not considered skilled labor.

And just like a true anime we're going to shove a mind broken teenager into a mecha suit.

Get in the loving warcasket Shinji. I believe I have researched every warcasket outfit (and lemme tell ya, they were expensive. I could've researched the albatross....) And there are quite a few choices here. Here is how its going to be done:

Type: Sharp armor/Blunt armor/move speed penalty/bulk capacity/carry weight/other effects is applicable. All caskets give a massive -10000% effect to being suppressed and all helmets give 100% protection to smoke inhalation. For the sake of my sanity all values are going to be the casket frame, the shoulders and helmets seem to have about 90% of what the frame provides. The speed penalty will assume the same tier of shoulders and helmet combined.

I guess I should explain how defense values work in Combat Extended, eh? Its uh... well...

I hope that clears things up

Warcasket: 18/45/-0.80/200/250

Marine: 23/57/-0.80/200/250

Recon: 18.5/46/-0.30(helmet has no penalty)/175/225

Cataphract: 32/80/-1.35/200/250

Aerial: 28/70/-0.80/200/250/ Has the power jump ability. Creates an explosion at the start and at the end of the jump.

Barrage: 36/90/-1.60/225/250/Has the ability to fire a barrage of grenades. Can deploy in a siege mode that keeps them in place but increases the attack range and reload speed of the barrage.

Hazard: 20/50/-1.0/200/250/Helmet has 100% tox resistance. Frame has 200% heat resistance. Helmet gives the user 0% psychic sensitivity

Shock: 28/70/-1.05/200/250/ Has the blast off ability, which allows the user to drop pod on command, uses chemfuel. The shoulders give a 20% buff to melee hit chance and dodge chance while the helmet gives another 20% dodge chance.

Now what to do with our guy here... The caskets will be sticking around to defend the colony, and they can't do any labor whatsoever anyway so speed really doesn't matter much to me. Really setting them up behind an embrasure and firing AT rounds at the enemy is all they really need to do. That said, if they're behind embrasures than really the only thing that will be getting hit is their head.

In the end I went with a recon frame with barrage shoulders and helmet. Even with the lesser defense of the frame, thats still a lot of armor. And when ducking behind embrasures only the head gets hit, and the barrage set has the highest armor. I was thinking of getting the barrage frame as well, but that was gonna run another 350 steel and this set up already costs 400. It'll also cost 12 components, 20 uranium and 45 plasteel.

Let the science commence :science:

Behold, our newest cannon! Besides killing the only other thing Breadmaster can do is haul stuff. So after killing things, he can bring their loot inside the colony. And remember, he doesn't need to sleep! So stuff is being hauled all the time.

.... I probably should've infected him BEFORE putting on the armor. We'll get back to this.

Behold! The rot stink is now piped up to the entrance of the river. Raiders often come in single file right into where the cloud is, and whenever they get suppressed they run to the wall on the left, so they'll just run right into the rot stink! Also in the first image you can see I also walled off the hill and beach area on the left side of the river so raiders will stop running out over there.

That isn't the only project I've been working on. Here I got a nicer prison room for people I want to recruit. Yeah I know SugarAddict can mind break people into joining now, but I do want to have this to grab anyone who has some skills. Like crafting. Please, just one more crafter is all I'm asking for.

Bios brought home a test subject for this new building here. Welcome to the drain casket, from the hemogen expanded mod. It costs 180 steel, 30 gold and 4 components and doesn't require any power. What this does is hold a pawn and will drain their hemogen every day. All you have to do is stock it with food. You can also pipe a nutrient paste dispenser to it and then you wont even have to bother with that. Oh and you have to set up hemogen pipes to a hemogen vat. I forgot to mention that when I had the drain and the tap made, you gotta pipe them to the vat. And whats great, I can always yank someone out of there if I need them for something else (death knells, kill thirst). Oh and side bonus: The warden wont need to bother wasting time sponge bathing prisoners or cleaning their bedpans

As I get gold I'll be building some more of these, hands off hemogen farming will be very nice. In fact lets talk about the prisoner set up I had...

There was an explicit reason I had these people here on the edge. What I was going to do originally was mess with the mood of raiders. See there is an implant you can put into pawns that will reflect their mood to other pawns in the same faction. So if they are happy, everyone else is. But what if you were to say... force feed them paste consisting of human and insect meat, while in constant pain, in a crappy room that looks ugly, they're naked, having body parts harvested... Yeah they're going to be miserable. Now remember the "same faction" bit? If you do that to a prisoner they'll only pass their mood onto other pawns of that faction, say to raiders. So in theory you could have raiders mentally break by hanging near these people.

I wanted to do this, but with how the river is its not really possible to do that, as the range for that implant is only 30 tiles. That is basically the range from the inner western wall to the outer western wall. I'd have to build a room in the middle of the river to house these stress bombs. But yeah, think I'll just say nuts to that and stick with throwing people into drain caskets. I'll move these guys into a casket... or well, I think I'm gonna go for pawns who have better metabolism and will eat less often and replace these guys with them. Instead of implanting prisoners with the mood implants I can throw stomach bionics that reduce hunger.

Yessss, enjoy the scent of death!

And now I have a chance to show off another thing we can use still living raiders for. Bioreactors! We will have to put food in there as fuel, but we can use our enemies to power the colony. The mod says power generation depends on the size of the pawn, this person does look a bit on the bigger side. They're generating a whopping 1k power. And again, if I ever need to death knell or satisfy a kill thirst I can always yank them out and refill the reactor later. Oh and its always an option to melt the body down into chemfuel.

So now we can get a real blood form going, I can expand power without needing to worry about generating fuel. All I need is to generate food, and I can always burn more bodies to get more fertile soil to expand farming. I bought enough intel to purchase neurolink upgrades to get VideoWitch to learn Night step, meaning I can have someone use the skip to fly somewhere then have VideoWitch skip a raiding party over, then after having her refill her psyfocus with death knell she'll be able to nightskip everyone back home.

Here we go, one of the invaders had the gene implanter... gene. So BLT will be taking this and then they can inject Breadmaster.

Its the night after the raid... its time to test some things.

How appropriate that we invade during the night.

Talow is wrecking shop with the LMG (and the bubble shield that I definitely didn't accidentally fat finger) and I got BLT with an assault rifle which actually has some decent range on it.

Impids :argh:

Cowardice aside, things went well. And every vampire gets a full hemogen bar, kill thirst satisfaction and death knell!

And we can Nightstep the entire caravan right back home!

Sup Slaan, hope you don't mind everyone warping back home while you and Senrath eat all the god drat food with your food binge :argh:

Oh and this also lets us teleport people back. When you reform the caravan from the map you can instantly select whatever downed pawn to take prisoner. And then warp on home and patch them up. There was 2 promising candidates... unfortunately Yaul over there is unwaveringly loyal and I only grabbed them for their skills. Since they don't want to join and I don't want to deal with slaves, SugarAddict is going to repeatedly smack him with her sword until he stops breathing. Meanwhile I am certainly grateful for The Grateful. They got a passion in crafting, shooting and double in plants. So they can handle crafting and help out with the plants. Yaul had double passions in construction and crafting but.. welp.

Alright so I'm sure I removed the mod that hides hats, but pawns still seem to take their hats off inside. But this gets weird with warcaskets cause as you can see, Breadmaster has no head. But you can still see the fish ears and genetic face scar. The headless warcasket...

This is how Breadmaster should look with the helmet on. Also I dig that the crab claw just juts out of the warcasket frame. And wait.. wait hold on. Are you seeing this? Something is going on that I never see.... Are the colonists... being... friendly?! This isn't how it works. VideoWitch should be kicking Breadmaster's rear end. Or at least uselessly punching the armor.

You know, the warcaskets might slow them down but they can absolutely carry a ton of stuff per trip. If only they weren't so slow that I don't want to have them leave the island because I don't think they'll be able to run back when a raid happens.

Hell yeah lets party. VideoWitch is already drunk enough to start throwing up their blood all over the place. Oh hey, "sacrificed". So to make it so you can't just repair missing fingers they get this special removal thing that makes it impossible. I guess after losing most (or all!) fingers I can just give VideoWitch a bionic hand replacement. No more resurrections but.. well if I need more than 10 of them I feel like there is more problems going on.

No party for BLT though, time to delve an ancient complex for the next ideological artifact of the colony, a set of privateer armor (which is the same kind that Bios found). First room had this and all I can say is lol, lmao. Slaan is out of frame, also laughing.

Hmm... hmm.... I mean... 12 mining and double passion... A passion in shooting and eh, 5 crafting would be alright with handling ammo crafting. BLT grabs Narda and leaves while Slaan, out of frame, continues hacking terminals.

In ancient complexes there are random skeletons around, and they aren't just decoration but an actual dead pawn. In this case there was a vampire corpse here and even though they're a skeleton and probably don't have genetic DNA in them, Slaan (now in frame) was still able to use incorporate and snagged an archite perfect immunity gene. No more illnesses for Slaan!

Huh, Narda came in with zero will and resistance. I can pretty much instantly recruit them. Should convert first though. And sadly the conversion ritual is on cooldown :(

In other news I've been accruing a steady supply of devilstrand and have bought a bunch of hyperweave. With a mod there is a material called glitter cloth, which combines the two and provides a really sturdy cloth material. For comparison, Gallatross leather is one of the better leathers. A pair of pants made out of them provides 0.18 sharp and 0.025 blunt defense. Glitter cloth on the other gives 0.8 sharp and 0.25 blunt. Which may not sound like a lot. A duster made out of it gives 20 sharp and 6.25 blunt. In fact lemme see something...

A flak jacket gives 1.5~1.9 sharp and 1.25~1.55 blunt defense. A duster made out of glitter cloth gives 20 sharp and 6.25 blunt. It also protects the legs, unlike the jacket. I'd like to compare these to plate armor (a plasteel one gives 3.6~6 sharp and 5.4~9 blunt) but those actually defend the feet and hands, which most other clothing options don't and I didn't install something to add gloves and boots and honestly I don't want to bother installing one.

Since this needs hyperweave and hyperweave is rare, its a case of do I want to make something more protective now or make something that wont give as much defense but will continue to be used when colonists upgrade to proper armor. For the cost of one duster I'd need 80 glitter cloth, compared to pants and a shirt which will only cost 65 cloth total. So glitter shirts and pants for everyone.

Ugh. I got all ready to make a joke about "You siege me at night and only brought 10 people?" but they're all warcaskets. Hrmm.....

I have VideoWitch shadowskip behind this wall and then throw a max rank wail of doom into the enemy group.

Oh yeah, thats the good stuff. And then none of the siege stuff like mortar shells drop :argh:

Lmao jesus christ. These are used in sniper rifles, miniguns and a turret. Maybe I'll build a few turrets... I can swap Talow out for a different weapon and put a emplaced turret in the spot I have them sit at.

I set a turret up next to a cannon. What happened to the other?

Its paired up with another turret at the gate, to fire on enemies if I need to fall back. Also it'll be nice against raiders who have some sort of flying or hovering movement that lets them just blitz on past the first bunker.

Where the former nutrient paste room was at I set up an armory. Its between both bunkers and it'll hold ammo for the cannons and the machine gun. I also throw any rocket launchers that raiders drop into here so I can pull them out when needed.

I attached the nutrient paste room next the prisoner holding cell. Originally that bottom room was going to hold more prisoner beds with nutrient paste drippers on them but... eh. Should just slap them into drain caskets from now on. Don't know if I want to use this room for more drain caskets or if I should throw bioreactors in here. It'll fit 5, and with the paste dispenser next door they'll be really close to be constantly topped back up. Speaking of the prisoners...

Welcome, Archenteron!

Oh my loving god.

And don't forget Fajita Queen! They shall form... the day time crafting squad!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Food binges, fights, laughing and immunity to diseases. What more could a crab want?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Raves, of course

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Marauding Way 9

Night falls over the continent....

And boogie-ing happens in a certain colony...

Oh you loving people :argh:

Everyone get into mom's van. If the party actually succeeded we would just night step to our destination but noooooooooooooo

We're going Empire huntin'

Slightly bigger escort this go around.

I have Senrath and Breadmaster take potshots at a distance while having the vampires split up and charge in.

Eurre here was hanging in the back and attempted to flee, but I had Bios teleport over and start chopping the legs. However Bios killed her, which is unfortunate...

Well I say unfortunate because I thought the target of a declassifier needed to be alive, but it doesn't seem so.

... One intel?! One loving intel?! The drat thing was a consumable too, this was a negative amount of intel gained using this :argh:

Here is an image of everyone shadowskipping back to Talow's tiny bedroom.

A combat trader flew overhead and why hello there. And only 608 silver? I grab them, unfortunately I have no grenades to use for them, they require 30x29mm grenades. And the only ones the ship has in stock are smoke and EMP :downs: Time to change research priorities.

New quest came in and holy poo poo look at that reward :stare:

Alright, who ordered the wolf special?

By god, the one thing that can defeat the bunker: Enemies who can't be suppressed

I really need to get around to laying mines on that beach. I'd wall it completely off but I don't want to create little nooks for invaders to duck behind.

Well congrats these two. I don't think I can fit a double bed in any of the rooms though so... Also I'm trying to turn them into crabs, but the infection just wont happen.

Bios clears out that depot raid and wow, one of the empire guys had a good quality monosword on them. Gonna bring that home. Bios will take the masterwork and VideoWitch will grab the good quality one. I'd say I can give the remaining monoswords to whoever has melee skills but I figure from now on I'll be grabbing people to throw into warcaskets so they wont really need normal weapons.

I solve the bed spacing issue by knocking out a wall.

A quest for our next relic pops up, its the one where you gotta hack an aerodrone while raids show up every 8 hours. Of course the drone would land near the edge of the map. But hey, I got Bios and Breadmaster in hella armor. Let's see how well they can hold up against the raiders.

They have arrived....

Let's see something in video form!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ak1bQSsiCrw

And after all that, Bios and Breadmaster only have a few bruises to show for it. One more raid happened but it pretty much went the same way and we get our credit for the relic.

I have vanilla power expanded installed and researched tidal generators so we can get a good amount of extra power coming in.

Alright so I tried multiple times to infect Archenteron and Fajita Queen but all that would happen is that the crab people would just.. loving obliterate their limbs. Apparently they can just punch through armor and rip people's legs and arms off. So I just went into devmode, turned on god mode and removed BLT's genes regrowing health effect so he could implant the two of them.

Welcome 2 crab

I was concerned about having enough bedrooms but now that I think of it, if I just mind break all future recruits for war caskets I wont need to make bedrooms for them.

Its getting silly with raiders having all these summon abilities. They summoned so many that the turret and cannon I had here just broke. I'm just gonna have 2 turrets here. The cannons were nice, but there are starting to be a lot more enemies that one shot every 15 seconds just isn't cutting it.

There was an interesting steed that one of the raiders rode in on, a royal ave. Sadly shooting the rider and taming it isn't an option. However now that its dead....

We now have our own undead chickenhorse! And whats great, it comes with full training. Unfortunately it gets a -40% to movement speed... With some levels that can be reduced to a 25% move penalty but.. eh.

Time to remove another Empire noble. This time we'll be attacking the mansion of the imperial.

So far there is no one outside, but there are 2 striker turrets on the north side. And what a coincidence, thats the direction we arrived in!

While Breadmaster continuously misses the turrets I have Slaan use the invisibility engulfer I got forever ago to sneak on to the nearby building.

Then I remembered NGDBS' cloak smoke ability here which makes the turret miss and gives everyone a chance to run behind the building.

NGDB takes care of this dude just standing here...

Meanwhile Bios goes out in a blaze of glory, sacrificing themselves to take out the turret :911:

Or comes out completely unscathed. That works too.

I was notified about how security was alerted and the garrison was deployed but... nothing.

Found a hospital. Gonna take some of those analyzers and beds home with us. Also there is a flatscreen tv, score.

Ah here they all are!

On the throne was our target and they were a baron, so I used the declassifier on them and got 24 intel out of it. Thats more like it!

Hostile reinforcements have shown up, a touch too late however!

In this room was a golden statue that Slaan deconstructed for 500 whopping gold, a royal bed that will drop some more and... 2 love enhancers. Well we just so happen to have 2 couples in the colony.

Sup Talow? We're back!

Hope you don't mind us dropping all this crap in front of your room! Rugs and drapes made out of devilstrand, hospital beds and vital monitors, stuff we can either use or deconstruct.

One of the quest rewards was this sword, which is a big ol' sword. Unfortunately it isn't patched to work with CE so it may be for the best to not use this. Big weapons like this can only be wielded by pawns with a giant gene or if they're in a warcasket. Likewise warcasket weapons can be used by normal pawns if they're giants.

Well there goes our food issues.

Time to make some extensions to our deathresting capabilities. First off, all sanguophages have a limit to how many objects they can link their deathcasket to. You expand this through capacity serums, often sold at villages for a little over a thousand silver or off space traders. Sometimes you can get them as quest rewards too. I believe the cap is 20 buildings per pawn.

I'm extending all the vampire's rooms to fit the extra deathrest equipment. The left is a psychofluid well, which will gives 5% psyfocus for each hour resting. So VideoWitch will wake up with a full psybar and I'm hoping this also means she'll get psycast experience from it.These require hemogen to run and have to be piped to the hemogen vats. 5 hemogen units will power the well for 10 days. Other buildings include:

Hemopump: Increases how much hemogen a sanguophage can hold by 25. These can stack

Hemogen amplifier: Will give an extra 25% hemogen whenever it is gained. Can stack

Glucosoid pump: Will increase the movement of the pawn by 1.12%. Can stack 4 times, each one adding another .12 to the multiplier.

Psychofluid pump: Improves psychic sensitivity by 25%, meditation focus gain by 5%, and 0.05 neural heat recovery to the pawn. Stacks 4 times.

Deathrest accelerator: We've seen these, but I want to mention they stack twice, which cuts deathresting down to 2.5 days.

Psychofluid wells: Stacks twice for 10% psyfocus per hour.

Invocation matrix: Gives the pawn a unique power when they wake up. Looks like its any sanguophage ability that you'd get a gene for (hearth crush for example)

Hemodynamic accelerator: Speeds up deathresting by 1.3 times and can stack twice. I'm gonna assume that means at two of those thats a 60% speed increase and if used with two deathrest accelerators if that means deathresting only takes 1 day?

Hemogen solidfier: Buffs the pawn's sharp and blunt defense by 10%.... and I'm not sure how that translates out to using CE. Can be stacked 4 times.

All of these, minus the deathrest accelerator, requires hemogen to operate. The effects only take place if the pawn has an uninterrupted deathrest and they will lose the benefits upon the next deathrest if for some reason those buildings aren't linked to the casket anymore.

My first goal will be to get everyone hooked up with a psychofluid well so they can wake up with a full psyfocus bar. Then I'll want to focus on one pawn to see what 2 of each accelerator will bring the deathrest time down for. Imagine being able to set everyone to sleep for a day and wake up with a full bar of psyfocus. Thinking about it, I believe 1% psfocus is 1 psycaster experience. So every hour deathresting will be 5 experience, a day being 120 experience. Funnily enough thats more experience than what they can get each day doing death knells since its on a 24 hour cooldown.

Speaking of psychic sensitivity stuff, some of the imperials were holding jewelry. Proper pillaging of course requires taking them and wearing it ourselves. Some extra sensitivity, some better prices...

It just dawned on me that Senrath has 7 artistic with a flame and I haven't built him a sculpting table.

Bios, throwing a party from the research bench.

While they do that, lets check out the actual thing that only empire pawns can unlock for psycasting, the Archotechist tree:

On the bottom row, starting left is burden. Slows down the target, based on the target's PS

Stun. It stuns a pawn.

Next tier on the left is psychic shock. It makes a pawn fall, just like using the psychic lance. Can cause brain damage.

Neural heat dump will drop the caster's heat on the target. Has to be an ally. Will also drop the target into a coma for a day.

Next tier on the left is berserk. The length of time it lasts depends on the target's PS

Aggressive heat dump will dump the caster's heat onto a target and makes them explode with an AoE dependent on the heat. Doesn't say it has to be on an ally...

Next tier on the left is berserk pulse. Its berserk with an AoE

Psychic drone will cause a negative drone effect on hostile pawns. Duration is based on the caster's PS

Neural heat detonation will dump all the caster's nueral heat into an explosion, size dependent on the amount of neural heat lost.

Final tier is neruoquake, which will cause everyone not in a safe zone around the caster to go violently insane. There is a diplomatic penalty for using this as people all over will feel it. Then the caster goes into a 5 day coma.

I may not use that last one, but berserk pulse is a pretty sweet deal.... The heat dump abilities also sound useful but I never really have issues with neural heat, I typically run out of focus before then. Maybe I should use abilities that don't use up so much focus.

An empire psycaster raid showed up and for one, good lord the grenade launcher is no joke. It can fire full auto so Slaan was just spraying grenades all over. But this guy right here, he has a level 12 psylink. I'm gonna use NGDBSS' summon ability to yank him into the colony.

It took a lot of smacking but we finally carved his legs off and now SugarAddict can liquify him into psyessence.

Hot drat, 5 levels off that guy! We also lost 15 relations with Jaan and the mercenary faction. I am able to get them up to berserk pulse and have 3 points left.

So I went and unlocked the protector path. Since SugarAddict is kind of the main medic of the colony. What this path provides:

On the bottom left is painblock. Keeps a pawn from feeling pain, this means they can't get downed from pain.

Word of healing will triple the heal rate of a pawn for a few days. And guess what? Since its a "word of" it DOES work with the archon's group link ability.

Next tier on the left is stabilize, which will prevent the target from bleeding out for some time, based on the caster's PS

Word of immunity doubles the immunity gain of a target

Next tier on the left is overshield, which will shield a target that sends all incoming projectiles to some distance place. The duration is based on the target's PS

Focus will boost a target's sight, hearing and movement for a time.

Next tier on the left is skipshield, which seems to do the above, but instead of on a person its wherever you target.

Invisibility will make everyone nearby invisible.

Rightmost ability is regrow limbs, which will put the target in a coma for a day that will regrow missing limbs. BLT will enjoy this because their regeneration ability may heal scars, but her shattered nose and missing toes remain missing.

The top ability is guardian skipbarrier, which will generate a barrier around the caster. It remains up for as long as the caster can keep from overheating. If the user can do other things while its up, I wonder if that means you could use the aggressive heat dump psycasts to keep it going.... of course that all relies on having the psyfocus to do things.

NGDBSS gained a link and hit the animal wildcall psycast for the wildspeaker tree, so I decide as the colony crafter to get them the technomancer tree. This has:

Bottom left is enchant quality, which can increase the quality of an item, based on their PS. It can't get an item to masterwork (or legendary), but being able to upgrade everything to excellent quality will be VERY nice.

Mend will fix stuff, depending on the caster's PS. We got magic for this.

Next tier on the left is conjure heat pearls, which will turn the caster's neural heat into pearls. You cant throw these to dump neural heat in an area. I don't know if this means they're little bombs or if they will only effect psycasters in the area. Wait, do AI controlled psycasters even have to deal with focus and heat?

Middle option is haywire, which will scramble the AI of up to 3 turrets in the radius. So many of the empire raid quests have them with turrets, this can be very helpful.

Rightmost has power, which... Man I don't know what this description is: "Metaphysically alters the designated equipments power input to extract energy directly from fluctuations in the quantum foam for a few days". The HELL does that mean? I tried googling it and they all just repeat this description.

Next tier on the left is rock construct. In exchange for lowering the caster's neural heat cap the caster gets a crystal that can be inserted into a rock chunk to make a little golem that does simple labor. Destroy the golem to get the heat cap back

On the right is steel construct, which is the above but its inserted into a steel slag chunk and the golem fights instead of doing labor

Next tier on the left is craft psyring, which will turn eltex into a ring that the psycaster can then put a psycast they know into it. Another psycaster wearing the ring will be able to use the psycast stored in it. What is eltex? Another time.

Word of progress will double the target's research speed and intellect xp gain for a few days, based on the target's PS. drat this would be nice to mix with the group link psycast

Top item is reverse engineer, which will study an item and break it and also put the caster in a coma. Find some marine armor? Use this to instantly research it.

I should just chain deserter quests to get a bunch of intel and buy a bunch of psychic amplifiers. 100 intel to jump 5 levels and get that reverse engineer...

Now that I have some visibility going on from these deserter quests, I'm finally getting some space traders and hey, these will go nicely with the laser cutting table I just made for Senrath. This one and another ship had deathrest serums so I just need one more and every vampire will be able to have a psychofluid well.

Another peaceful village mercilessly slaughtered for info on our relic...

Where did these come from :confused: Apparently this is from alpha animals and an anima colossus drops it. Most likely was summoned by a raider at some point. But it can be used to plant an anima tree.

So anima trees are good to meditate at for pawns with a tribal background, but they get penalties when near artificial structures. So I can plant this out here in the middle of the water and just readjust the walls to the south and it wont get a penalty. And yes, I plopped this on stone. Who are we to question nature?

Senrath disrobed his armor in front of NGDBSS, scandalous. No wait, I'm showing something off. First off, yes the psychofluid well provides psycaster xp which got NGDBSS to unlock the quality increase psycast. It isn't possible to craft deserter armor, so this would be the only real way to get better quality that isn't hoping for a quest reward. It costs about 32% of a psyfocus bar. Bringing this up to excellent quality and comparing it to Slaan's normal quality it is, sharp and blunt:

14~21 32~46 vs 19~27 41 ~ 59

I then made a pair of glitter cloth pants and a shirt to wear under it, all boosted to excellent quality.

Time to bump off another Empire noble.

Quite a few of them here.

And it looks like some of them want to take care of themselves for us!

Senrath and Breadmaster will be taking some potshots while Slaan uses his cloaking device to get closer. The vampires well... they just charge forward and trust in their shields.

Bios....

Gets one

But doesn't kill the second person they teleport to :saddowns:

Oh holy poo poo! Breadmaster gets absolutely wrecked by a railgun shot.

I have Breadmaster duck for cover and SugarAddict use their vampire jump to Senrath, who dropped some herbal medicine, to then heal up Breadmaster.

NGDBSS manages to down our target. Just because it'd be appropriate, he is finished off with a death knell.

And hey, we are on the news :buddy:

Why do you two have to ruin this victory :mad:

Hey Talow we're back. Crazy raid, Breadmaster almost DIED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

hell yes