Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Significantly worse pass rushing stats than Kyle Hamilton. Which is notable with Hamilton being a safety and all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

if there was no rain the bucs would have won 48-3 :colbert:

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

R.D. Mangles posted:

I can't wait for the Russell Wilson... is BACK articles next week after the Bears give him 7 seconds in the pocket all night.

I'm excited for the Bears to stumble into a 3-2 win if it makes Wilson and Payton look like assholes.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Zurreco posted:

I'm excited for the Bears to stumble into a 3-2 win if it makes Wilson and Payton look like assholes.

It is impossible to believe an NFL team can lose to the Bears this season unless they are throwing the game for gambling purposes.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

R.D. Mangles posted:

It is impossible to believe an NFL team can lose to the Bears this season unless they are throwing the game for gambling purposes.

The Carolina Panthers will Find a Way

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

ozymandius1024 posted:

The Carolina Panthers will Find a Way

Both teams will enter that game winless and leave that game with a tie

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

a neat cape posted:

Under every single tweet about Justin Herbert, it's 75% Dolphins fans yelling about how Tua is better

Well, has Justin Herbert dropped 70 on the Broncos?

mllaneza posted:

Oh yes. I want the rematch.

I'm also looking forward to Chiefs-Dolphins in the AFCCG. Whoever wins the Superbowl the 49ers the fans win.

I still want a Bills-Niners Super Bowl. The world was owed this in the 90s and the timeline will not be healed until it happens.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That Seahawks/Rams game made me think the Lions could beat the Seahawks and the Rams were good and then the Seahawks beat the Lions and the Rams went 0-2 after it. Boo!!!!!!!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i love the little lovely guys!!!!!!

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Cavauro posted:

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Cavauro posted:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Well, has Justin Herbert dropped 70 on the Broncos?

I still want a Bills-Niners Super Bowl. The world was owed this in the 90s and the timeline will not be healed until it happens.

How about we do that next season with the Niners going back to back? It has been a long time since the Bills lost a Super Bowl and I think the fans are owed another one.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Eagles started 8-0 last year

And like 8-0 the TO year

The broadcast said it was their first 3-0 start since 92/93, I thought that sounded wrong!

molestrios posted:

Yeah they said two years in a row 3-0

Oh that's what it was, thanks.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

R.D. Mangles posted:

Good thing the bears didn't take him he might have been a distraction

The lineman they got instead has also looked good

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Gully Foyle posted:

Who the gently caress is speculating this? Russ wasn't great but nothing yesterday was his fault. Even if you spotted the offense an extra 3 loving touchdowns based on missed plays by Russ or whatever, the defense would still have given up 4 scores too many.

https://theathletic.com/4894209/2023/09/25/sean-payton-russell-wilson-broncos-2/

The suspicion is that Payton will bench Wilson in a selfish attempt to save his job, not because Wilson deserves to be benched. Because people think Sean Payton is an rear end in a top hat.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Name Change posted:

https://theathletic.com/4894209/2023/09/25/sean-payton-russell-wilson-broncos-2/

The suspicion is that Payton will bench Wilson in a selfish attempt to save his job, not because Wilson deserves to be benched. Because people think Sean Payton is an rear end in a top hat.

Too bad they couldn't make the money work to trade him to the Jets. Also I really don't think Payton's job is in jeopardy at all.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Name Change posted:

I love this headline lol

"Sean Payton can’t blame Russell Wilson for this. Will he anyway?"

Also yeah give me a break, there is no way Payton is one and done, as funny as it would be.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I didn't think Russ was that bad on Sunday.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

The lineman they got instead has also looked good

It'd be pretty Bears if Poles manages to draft an entire OL and be bad enough at everything else he's still fired

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Ehud posted:

I didn't think Russ was that bad on Sunday.

He’s been absolutely, 100% without a doubt super…okay…so far this season. He’s not playing like a $250mm QB but he’s also not anywhere near the the top of the list of the problems to Broncos need to address.

Russ has been Fiber Fixed.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Yeah, Russ has been perfectly adequate, at least if you purely look at his stats. 791 yards, 65% completion percentage and 3:1 TD/INT ratio isn't bad (albeit small sample size and all). Like this isn't a Zach Wilson situation and even if it was, who would they put in? Jarrett Stidham?

That being said, it would be hilarious if Payton did bench Russ, if only because it would be a really loud signal that maybe Payton doesn't know what he's doing anymore, so loud that you figure Broncos ownership couldn't ignore it. Not that I think Payton will be a one and done but that'd be a good reason for it!

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

OneMoreTime posted:

Yeah, Russ has been perfectly adequate, at least if you purely look at his stats. 791 yards, 65% completion percentage and 3:1 TD/INT ratio isn't bad (albeit small sample size and all). Like this isn't a Zach Wilson situation and even if it was, who would they put in? Jarrett Stidham?

That being said, it would be hilarious if Payton did bench Russ, if only because it would be a really loud signal that maybe Payton doesn't know what he's doing anymore, so loud that you figure Broncos ownership couldn't ignore it. Not that I think Payton will be a one and done but that'd be a good reason for it!

It's worth noting those stats are massively propped up by the Commanders game, where he had a 50 yard hail mary that somehow worked, and two huge plays to Mims. Those stats still count obviously and it's good that he can do that stuff. But it's not exactly a repeatable weekly performance. You can't bank on 200 yards and 2 TDs off 3 plays all the time (unless you're Tua apparently)

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Docjowles posted:

It's worth noting those stats are massively propped up by the Commanders game, where he had a 50 yard hail mary that somehow worked, and two huge plays to Mims. Those stats still count obviously and it's good that he can do that stuff. But it's not exactly a repeatable weekly performance. You can't bank on 200 yards and 2 TDs off 3 plays all the time (unless you're Tua apparently)

I don’t think you’re wrong in this case but like 90% of what made people think Russ was a good QB is that he’d hit big plays with seemingly unsustainable frequency. That was basically the Seahawks offense for most of his run there.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Marvin Mims is the truth so I fully expect Russ to drop bombs to him every week :colbert:

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

If the Broncos didn't fumble twice on Sunday they probably would have scored like 30+ which is good.

If anyone is gonna be the fall guy for Payton in year one, it seems like it'll be Vance Joseph.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah Miamis defense still has some serious flaws in it but I’m really excited to see Jalen

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/MikeTanier/status/1706724020438417860?s=20

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Amy Pole Her posted:

Yeah Miamis defense still has some serious flaws in it but I’m really excited to see Jalen

it's gonna be a good secondary

https://twitter.com/PFF_RyanSmith/status/1706370758438539291

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh man! His trade value is higher than ever!! - Mike Tannebaum

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Happy for Holland, was a big fan of his coming out of Oregon.

Now, hear me out. Jevon Holland for Kyle Pitts. Holland and Jesse Bates would be so fun to watch and Kyle Pitts in a modern offense would be even more fun. Dolphins average 80 points per game.

Racing Stripe
Oct 22, 2003

I had to hit the hay so I only saw the first quarter of Bengals-Rams. A win’s a win, and it seems like Burrow avoided worsening his injury, but are there any conclusions to be drawn from this? Lots of pressure on Stafford, I hear, but is that just because his offensive line is even worse than Cincy’s?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

stafford's left tackle for most of the game stinks a lot or is horribly susceptible to hendrickson's one move that he's good at. there were a couple plays where everything broke down too though. he would have carved up the secondary without that and he did manage it a couple times. tee dropped like 3 easy passes. bengals 18-2

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

forgot to say burrow pick.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Burrow will throw 50 picks during the season and become the Super Bowl MVP.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

It's honestly wild to me that some of these coaches don't just draw up the entire game while their creative brain is still working. Some of them seem like their brains melt under the bright lights.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Name Change posted:

people think Sean Payton is an rear end in a top hat.

Huh, Sean Payton as head coach of a team with a famously terrible defense, you don’t say.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

rjmccall posted:

I went back and watched the Dolphins game, since I usually redzone it up in Sundays. Interesting that it didn’t even feel that out of control until near the end of the first half.

Yeah it was actually a pretty normal game up where the Phins were significantly outplaying the Broncos but the outcome was not out of reach. It went insane with about 3 minutes to go in the first half.

Also, I just kind of had the Eagles Bucs game in the background… was my basic impression correct that despite mediocre play from Hurts, the Eagles handled the Bucs pretty easily through defense and running?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

Yupp, huge running lanes all night.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Hurts wasn’t great but that Bucs defense is legit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The pouring rain had to have been a factor. AJ Brown had two easy touchdowns hit him in the hands and couldn't pull it in.