Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
Yes, there was a recent-ish season (32 I think) where 5 teams colluded basically the entire race. It was awful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RandomHodge posted:

Yes, there was a recent-ish season (32 I think) where 5 teams colluded basically the entire race. It was awful

Yeah the mine five. And on top of that once they got to final five: surprise! It turns out that there was a three team alliance within the five team alliance!

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Demon_Corsair posted:

It’s wild that amber could just walk the teams through the puzzle. But I guess in a competition, there probably aren’t many rules against helping each other.

Hard to really come up with a rule against it. How could talking to another team be against the rules. It happens in some way in just about every challenge, with teams asking for directions to certain tasks in them.

In reality, it's a course that has multiple variations, would have prevented the teamwork entirely having a different puzzle / race course for each driver / car.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hard to really come up with a rule against it. How could talking to another team be against the rules. It happens in some way in just about every challenge, with teams asking for directions to certain tasks in them.

In reality, it's a course that has multiple variations, would have prevented the teamwork entirely having a different puzzle / race course for each driver / car.

I think in a challenge like that where everyone is at a station it would be pretty easy to say you're not allowed to enter another player's station, which would be fairly easy to set rules and boundaries for. You could also disallow talking to people when they're in their station but that gets a little harder to litigate and idk what their resources are.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

IcePhoenix posted:

I think in a challenge like that where everyone is at a station it would be pretty easy to say you're not allowed to enter another player's station, which would be fairly easy to set rules and boundaries for. You could also disallow talking to people when they're in their station but that gets a little harder to litigate and idk what their resources are.

They could also say that once you complete a challenge you must leave the area. If your teammate can't help you, it should be pretty easy to say another team can't help you, either?

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
It seems some of the things they did last season which was filmed after this season was a response to this season, such as the forced public uturn votes.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Vinny is the absolute worst lmao

Lt Jon Kavanaugh
Feb 8, 2012

Poque posted:

Vinny is the absolute worst lmao

Me and my girlfriend just spent the entire episode begging Amber to leave him lol

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Well, considering it's been like a year since the show and they're engaged now...

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
They have such a healthy relationship, it's bonkers. Just completely open with one another and then they work it out while running a marathon race in a Spanish speaking country. 0 filter. They are running the race like they are on the job as nurses. It rules.

Edit: Lots of good relationships on this season honestly. Rod constantly bigging up Leticia with cheers like "yeah baby that's my wife look at her go!!" :3:

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Apr 26, 2024

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Most interesting thing from the last one to me was that it seemed like most of the people who never welded before did a lot better because they had to actually pay attention to the instruction. Some sort of life lesson there that I refuse to learn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon_Corsair
Mar 22, 2004

Goodbye stealing souls, hello stealing booty.

Lt Jon Kavanaugh posted:

Me and my girlfriend just spent the entire episode begging Amber to leave him lol

I noticed quite a few of the confessionals were just her…

Also I loved the accidental trip that turned into a tuck and roll out of his costume.