Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the spice pumpking?
This poll is closed.
Brutal Garcon's Pumpkin Spice Shrimp with Pumpkin Gnocchi 2 9.52%
Meaty Ore's A Variation on a Classic 1 4.76%
kumba's Pumpkin Spicey Ribs with Pumpkin Pie Green Beans and Cranberry Sauce! 10 47.62%
Grey Cat's A Spoooooooky Hybread 1 4.76%
Griddle of Love's and Nettle Soup's The Spices of Christmas Past 7 33.33%
I. M. Gei's Jamaican Jerk is the THINKING MAN'S pumpkin spice! 0 0%
Total: 21 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The competition is over, the dishes have been presented, the pumpkins have been spiced

Time to vote for your favorite entry. I am sure I’m not the only person who has been inspired by the six entries, and I definitely have some things I need to try, probably bringing a non-zero number of these dishes to my Thanksgiving celebration.

Get those votes in before the 10th, and I will be awarding the prizes on 11/11.

Brutal Garcon's Pumpkin Spice Shrimp with Pumpkin Gnocchi
Meaty Ore's A Variation on a Classic
kumba's Pumpkin Spicey Ribs with Pumpkin Pie Green Beans and Cranberry Sauce!
Grey Cat's A Spoooooooky Hybread
Griddle of Love's and Nettle Soup's The Spices of Christmas Past
I. M. Gei's Jamaican Jerk is the THINKING MAN'S pumpkin spice!

A reminder that the prizes are
1st place: $100 gift certificate to Amazon (or equivalent value elsewhere at winners request if desired).
2nd place: $50 gift certificate to Amazon (or equivalent value elsewhere at winners request if desired).
3rd place: $25 gift certificate to Amazon (or equivalent value elsewhere at winners request if desired).
Chairman's prize: I think I know, but it will depend if you are in the US for easy shipping, or if I have to go backup prize if you are international.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
I just want to say, great work from everyone, and it's nice to see people from around the forums joining!

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

This was a really great NICSA, the creativity on display was incredible, it made me want to eat pumpkin spice, which is something I’ve literally never done

Wroughtirony
May 14, 2007

Great work everyone! There are elements of each entry that I would be enthusiastic about eating. I nominate the pumpkin spice latkes for at the very least an honorable mention for the excellent pun.

Bollock Monkey
Jan 21, 2007

The Almighty
Really enjoyed these entries, picking just one was difficult. Well done, everyone!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

The voting is finished, the scores have been tabulated and our contestants are hopefully waiting with bated breath.

In third place, Brutal Garcon, with the first submission to the contest, and a homemade pasta.
In second place, the joint entry of Griddle of Love and Nettle Soup, bringing flaky pastries, two ways. Please let me know how you would like this prize split.
And finally, in first place, kumba with some ribs I wanted to pull through the screen and eat, with thanksgiving fixin's.

If each of the winners can PM me I can send you your prizes.

For the Chairman's Prize for best savory dish, I am a bit stymied, there were so many good savory dishes in the entries it is hard to pick, but as the chairman, it is my duty. So, I went with my heritage and chose the Latke, and not just for the pun. Congratulations to Meaty Ore for being selected. If you are contentinal US PM me your address and I will send you your prize. If you aren't, I'll get you a forum upgrade of your choice or something.

Thanks to all of the entries as we wave goodbye to the season and welcome mint or whatever replaces Pumpkin Spice? Gingerbread?

It was a pleasure to run and see all of these entries, can't wait to see who runs one next!

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

It was a lot of fun! I'll send you a PM later, we live together and mostly share a bank account so :shrug:

I really wanna make a pumpkin-spice sweet-potato custard danish now.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
much respect to all the competitors, and special shout out to grandi for running it, and a hearty thanks for the votes!! :)

this was a blast and i eagerly await future ICSAs!!!

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

It was an honor just to compete.

And it was cool to find out that I can actually stuff and smoke a whole pineapple which I'd never even seen done before until I did it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meaty Ore
Dec 17, 2011

My God, it's full of cat pictures!

I've been super busy traveling for work and hadn't seen the final results, so late though it is, I'll PM you my contact info. It's always great seeing what people come up with in these competitions. I made the ribs myself recently, and they were terriffic! I'll need to turn down the heat a bit next time for my wife's sake though, and maybe omit the liquid smoke.

EDIT: PM sent

Meaty Ore fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Nov 22, 2023