Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taffy Torpedo
Feb 2, 2008

...Can we have the radio?
love me some shin nihon puroresu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Okada telling young wrestlers to wait their turn is amazing stuff.

Real boomer pulling the ladder up after them energy

Okada going to start his president approved Golden Shovel story-arc.

Jerusalem posted:

Love pro-wrestling so much, love New Japan, love Wrestle Kingdom and New Year Dash, love posting here with all of you.

Happy New Year, everybody :love:

Same to you!

Dr. Dirt
Jan 1, 2008

This one goes out to all the Legomaniacs!
The past couple of nights have been a lot of fun

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

He my dog for real

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i fell asleep some time during united empire match. i woke up. i sleep again.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I think Charlton had a religious experience between ZSJ/Bryan II whenever that is, and then the two matches for Battle In The Valley, and hell, I can't blame him

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think Charlton had a religious experience between ZSJ/Bryan II whenever that is, and then the two matches for Battle In The Valley, and hell, I can't blame him

Charlton is really shining as the lead PBP guy since Kevin left. And I actually liked Kevin in NJPW. But Charlton comes across as far more genuine and enthusiastic while having an encyclopedic knowledge of the product. Kind of a cross between Schiavone and Tenay

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Chris is one of the best commentators I've ever heard at weaving storyline into matches. He's very good at that. His performance at the stardom show and running a solo desk for a few matches last year showed how far he's come as a commentator.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He does have a bit of the Mauro Ranallo thing where he'll stretch across continents for a metaphor sometimes, but otherwise he's really good, yeah.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I like Charlton's passion, will forever be happy Kelly and Rocky went to bat for him when the higher ups wanted him to shut up and just do translations

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

got the thread up for the year

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

SG Bamboo posted:

I like Charlton's passion, will forever be happy Kelly and Rocky went to bat for him when the higher ups wanted him to shut up and just do translations

The online backlash was really heartwarming for once.

Walker, Chris, and Rocky didn't seem to gel quickly but I thought they were doing better by the end of the shows. If it's Walker, Chris, and Gino for NJC the visual of Chris between too large dudes will be really amusing at least.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah I was a little :geno: on Walker when he first started but I feel like he and Charlton are starting to develop some chemistry, and adding Rocky to the mix was a great idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

go to the new thread