Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

just lol if your bases walls arent completely surrounded by an exterior wall of ever crackling campfires

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

cumpantry posted:

just lol if your bases walls arent completely surrounded by an exterior wall of ever crackling campfires

I don't do raids so my bases are totally open, noting yes it can cause issues at times.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Fajita Queen posted:

Immediately followed by the game crashing and your graphics card catching on fire, I'm assuming?

Haven't had a crash once. I don't even think my video card gets warmer.

cumpantry posted:

On my dedicated host, there's a chest another player left out where they put extra coal out for other players to grab, and it's been on fire for two months.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

Anyone still playing, knows there's a reminder every time you open the game that it's early access and your save data could be lost.

It happened to us on my Awful Pals of NA host.

First thing I'm going to recommend for anyone whose files haven't shat themselves yet, back your stuff up regularly. The way this game makes save data isn't a bit intuitive... I can't tell if the devs made it so screwy on purpose to foil tampering, or if this is what we get for early access.

APoNA apparently wasn't running autobackups via the g-portal host. Some kind of poo poo hit the fan with just one of the many files associated with host & player save data, and it cacked all the players. I had to do a clean reinstall.

I'm not letting disastrous corruption keep me down, or my host. Interest has probably wound down again from the last major update, but if anyone's interested in starting fresh on a goon-run host that is definitely running daily backups now, access info is in the Private Games Palworld thread.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
New pals coming this summer trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imfpYNpA_mE

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

FROG FROG FROG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU