Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Hello to episode 41 from Central:

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh eps 41 - Central Anime (8e8f1e90) .avi.torrent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

quote:

abbad0n came out of the closet to say:
Don't know what the quality is, but box just posted all 110 eps if you can't wait for CA.
These seem to be pretty watchable.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
Jesus, this just keeps getting better and better. I want to talk about it, but I want to finish watching it first.

krunaldo
Jul 24, 2005
In case I get banned: Pipiru piru piru pipiriu pi!
Welcome episode 42 by Central Anime:

http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh eps 42 - Central Anime (d06f2137) .avi.torrent

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

With the number of episodes the show has spent building toward conflict, you know the next war is going to be a doozy. I'm eagerly awaiting the completion of this particular download.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Oh man, you just know Reuental is going to give Yang a run for his money. Can't wait for the battle.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

I'm wondering if anyone else has been having as much trouble with C-A's encodes as I have. I run the episodes in VLC and they always slow down. I get that thing where the video stops playing but the audio continues and then the video catched up. This happens even if VLC is the only program running. It doesn't matter if it's full-screen or not. I can play any other file with no problem whatsoever, but anything encoded by Central Anime plays like rear end.

vvv Ok, I'll try mplayer. Thanks for the tip.

Man of Wax fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Aug 26, 2005

krunaldo
Jul 24, 2005
Seems to be a problem with VLC, I tried some episode and noticed the slow down. In mplayer(mplayerhq.hu) and mediaplayer classic I see no slow downs what so ever.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just watched episode 82. :(

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

:siren: Episode 43 : http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh eps 43 - Central Anime (b5aa8385).avi.torrent :siren:

EDIT : AWESOME ! Reuental is badass.

The Therminador fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Sep 1, 2005

Daryl Surat
Apr 6, 2002

I don't care what you say about this post, but if anyone steps on my bunion, I'll kill them!
The good news: all of the LoGH side stories OAVs (including Golden Wings which used the manga character designs and different voice actors) plus the movies have now been Torrented: http://www.boxtorrents.com/download.php/128319/s.torrent

The bad news: the guy who encoded them forgot to deinterlace them and decided to make them hardsubbed because "MKV files are twice as large!" :rolleyes: These are HK subs with what appears to be the same level of quality as the subs in the main series, though the original poster notes that one episode is severely mis-timed. Good thing he didn't use softsubs so someone could fix it, because everyone knows the SRT is an insult to fansubbing!

These side stories chronicle pretty much everything that Yang and Reinhard did prior to the beginning of the series. Even I have only seen the first four episodes of these, but I look forward to seeing things like exactly what happened at El Facile. Plus, I'm pretty sure there's a story all about the Rosenritter! Stop being stuck at 70.9%, stupid Torrent!

Man of Wax posted:

If only Azureus would run without crashing my computer I might try downloading from 44 onward.

I've actually switched to Bitcomet since I got sick and tired of Azureus crashing my computer. It seems much more stable while being a bit more constant in its RAM usage, but I've noticed that I constantly get disconnected from Usenet / AIM / etc while Bitcomet is running. I guess it's preferable to the constant crashes.

Daryl Surat fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Sep 7, 2005

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

Daryl Surat posted:

The good news: all of the LoGH side stories OAVs (including Golden Wings which used the manga character designs and different voice actors) plus the movies have now been Torrented: http://www.boxtorrents.com/download.php/128319/s.torrent

I am still debating whether I should download the encodes of the series that went up there, this new torrent included. I suppose if it's good enough the fans in this thread though, it should be good enough for me. If only Azureus would run without crashing my computer I might try downloading from 44 onward.

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

In any case, here's CA's ep. 44
http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh eps 44 - Central Anime (9dfb7d1f) .avi.torrent

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay

Holy poo poo. Best episode ever. Mittermeyer is so drat cool.

I got chills when the Imperial troops started proclaiming Reinhard as the Kaiser. He really does deserve to take the universe just for being able to inspire that reaction in people not through fear but by way of action. Things are going too smoothly though, so I expect a big speed bump to appear at any moment

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Man of Wax posted:

I am still debating whether I should download the encodes of the series that went up there, this new torrent included. I suppose if it's good enough the fans in this thread though, it should be good enough for me. If only Azureus would run without crashing my computer I might try downloading from 44 onward.

For those of you interested, there is another torrent with the side series right now

http://www.boxtorrents.com/details.php?id=128319

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

Thanks, getting them for more Kircheis !

hova
Mar 12, 2001
I stopped watching at 82 :cry:

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

hova__0 posted:

I stopped watching at 82 :cry:

Yeah, I wasn't prepared for that. I would suggest that anyone watching the full series should just avoid the "coming next episode" segments, as they tend to entirely give away large plot twists.

I finished the series, and really liked it, but after what's been said already I don't think I have much to contribute. My major complaints with how the plot is handled have already been brought up. Still drat good though. Looks like my old prediction about Julian having an incredibly important role was pretty dead-on.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
I've been a bit slow getting on the bandwagon, but just finished 5-7 when they take the Fortress. What a loving great show.

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

Just saw the first half of that Gaiden OVA. Ovlesser is so hilarious, this gif was begging to be made :

BTW, Ovlesser is a tough guy, so don't make him angry or he'll throw an axe in your back !

Coldbird
Jul 17, 2001

be spiritless
I watched the WHOLE THING and oh god the spoilers I could post :cry:

Seriously though, despite 82, the show really does keep its steam and goes on to a very powerful finish worthy of its storyline.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

With all of these comments, I don't think I can forego the torrents any longer. When I finally finish all this other poo poo I'm on I'm going to have to DL the HKs. Here's to hoping Azureus doesn't crash.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I really don't have much faith that the HK subs could adequately convey the political musings of Yang and others, from what I've heard that a lot gets left by the wayside. I mean, if was a straight action show I'm sure you could get by with inferior subtitles but for the time being I am with Central as they have been averaging almost an episode a week lately.

Of course, my position may change if the story keeps going at the awesome pace it is going now. Holy Crap, I love this show.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
Speaking of which...

CA 45: http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh eps 45 - Central Anime (9e9d3a30) .avi.torrent

Halverine fucked around with this message at 09:41 on Sep 14, 2005

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
That guy with the bread was hilarious. I hope we see more of him.

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

abbad0n posted:

That guy with the bread was hilarious. I hope we see more of him.

He bread guy is indeed awesome. Don't worry, he becomes a (semi?) major character.

Minty Swagger
Sep 8, 2005

Ribbit Ribbit Real Good
I know this has been asked a few times, but has anyone seen both the Hk subs and CA's version? I'm one of those guys who waits until a series is over because I cant stand those drat cliffhangers :\

Are the HK subs almost as good as CA's or should I just be patient since I havent started the series and get CA's version?

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe
I guess I've seen both, so I will answer: yes, the HK subs are comprehensible. I was really impressed with the nuance of the CA version, as it is translated very well, but I don't think you will lose anything watching the HK subs. The only problems with them are the occasional incorrect plurals, slight mis-spelling of names, and the

occasional strange line breaks.

The Therminador
Mar 31, 2004

Ep 46 is out : http://a.scarywater.net/ca/logh eps 46 - Central Anime (c8e6458e) .avi.torrent

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

Thank goodness. I gave those HKs a shot and they are awful. I didn't realize that people's standards are so low. Seriously, those subs are rear end. They are understandable if I pause and parse out what's written, but they're really pretty distracting. Plus, I really don't like the redone animation. I think the edits killed much of the character of the show.

edit: This episode does not want to download.

vvv They redrew a lot of stuff from the original replacing it with digital animation, 3D compositing, and all kinds of shinyness. In my opinion, the new animators were either unable to replicate the original character designs or felt that changes (that I don't agree with) were in order.

Man of Wax fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Sep 22, 2005

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

Man of Wax posted:

Thank goodness. I gave those HKs a shot and they are awful. I didn't realize that people's standards are so low. Seriously, those subs are rear end. They are understandable if I pause and parse out what's written, but they're really pretty distracting. Plus, I really don't like the redone animation. I think the edits killed much of the character of the show.

I dunno, I thought they were pretty watch-able. I guess I really wanted to find out what happens with this show, and the wait was killing me.

I wasn't aware of any redone animation, though :confused:
fake edit: I watched the HK subs from where the CA ones left off, so I may have missed it.

The CA subs are great, however, and once I'm done with them I will delete the HK versions so that history will remember how awesome the subs were and I can hopefully get my friends to watch.

ULTRA EDIT: I went back and found the redone animation, and I was right; I hadn't even watched those episodes. The HK subs don't appear to have any more edits like that through the rest of the series. You're right, I didn't like the new animation overall, complete change of atmosphere.

Specineff fucked around with this message at 08:14 on Sep 25, 2005

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

BotchedLobotomy posted:

I know this has been asked a few times, but has anyone seen both the Hk subs and CA's version? I'm one of those guys who waits until a series is over because I cant stand those drat cliffhangers :\

Yeah, I'm kind of the same way, at least for old shows. I watched episode 1 just to make sure I was going to like it, and I've been downloading faithfully ever since, but I haven't watched any more yet.

Numb Erone
Sep 8, 2005
Squisher of false idols
I'm trying to bittorrent these off of central Anime but I just heard about the series when this thread was bumped with the release of episode 41.

Many of the episode bundles have only one seed and the U/L on that seed seems capped at something like 1 k. Hence downloading is impossible for me :( if any of you have the heart to open your torrents I would appreciate it!

Forgot to mention I got 1-4 and 5-8 fine but 9-12 and onward is what is going excruciatingly slow. Just as a frame of reference I have had the torrent open for 2 days now and it is not yet done.

Numb Erone fucked around with this message at 10:53 on Sep 28, 2005

Specineff
Mar 10, 2005

Fun Shoe

Squisher posted:

Many of the episode bundles have only one seed and the U/L on that seed seems capped at something like 1 k. Hence downloading is impossible for me :( if any of you have the heart to open your torrents I would appreciate it!

Forgot to mention I got 1-4 and 5-8 fine but 9-12 and onward is what is going excruciatingly slow. Just as a frame of reference I have had the torrent open for 2 days now and it is not yet done.

I am now seeding 9-16 just for you because this is the best god-drat anime. I'll hop on the rest in a little while.

Giant Metal Robot
Jun 14, 2005

Taco Defender

Daryl Surat posted:

I've actually switched to Bitcomet since I got sick and tired of Azureus crashing my computer. It seems much more stable while being a bit more constant in its RAM usage, but I've noticed that I constantly get disconnected from Usenet / AIM / etc while Bitcomet is running. I guess it's preferable to the constant crashes.

Try using utorrent. It's takes up no more the 2megs of RAM and hasn't crashed in about a weeks worth of constant downloads. Plus the whole program is only 87kb big and has a lot of Azareus features without a lot of Azareus bloat.

Numb Erone
Sep 8, 2005
Squisher of false idols

Specineff posted:

I am now seeding 9-16 just for you because this is the best god-drat anime. I'll hop on the rest in a little while.

You rock!

abbad0n
Jan 25, 2005
Episode 47 is now available.

Halverine
May 26, 2004

Endsay ookhay
I want 48 now. How can I possibly wait another week to see the start of the real battle? It would be hard for Reinhard to not win but he's probably going to take heavy losses which will piss him off to no end. Then the Alliance will use the "We were outnumbered 3 to 1 but we inflicted so much damage" consolation.

Man of Wax
May 20, 2003

Well, it may be 3 to 1, but, I don't know if everyone noticed, the alliance actually has competent commanders this time around. Bucock and Merkatz are both excellent, and Bucock's chief of staff seems like a capable man. The other admirals in the fleet seem like nothing special, but they will follow orders. The Alliance finally has some talent to back Yang up and that could make this a darn close one, possibly even an Alliance victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krunaldo
Jul 24, 2005

Man of Wax posted:

Well, it may be 3 to 1, but, I don't know if everyone noticed, the alliance actually has competent commanders this time around. Bucock and Merkatz are both excellent, and Bucock's chief of staff seems like a capable man. The other admirals in the fleet seem like nothing special, but they will follow orders. The Alliance finally has some talent to back Yang up and that could make this a darn close one, possibly even an Alliance victory.

If we go by traditional anime that would seem to be the case, but this is LoGH ;). But the problem is that the Alliance got lovely ships and unexperienced crew to boot. They will have to try something unconventional, which will make things interesting. The interesting thing about LoGH is that you never know if either side is going to win because they're neither good or evil. So for example the Alliance could get destroyed but Admiral Yang leads a resistance from the background.
I guess this is why LoGH is so good, you never know who is going to live or die.