Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

CrazyLittle posted:

Is there any way to get an WIC-1ADSL to work inside a NM-2FE2W inside a Cisco 3640? I'm getting tired of trying different IOS loads.

Anything with a Plus featureset is supposed to work:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps214/products_tech_note09186a00800ae37f.shtml

Latest GD/LD/ED loads from FN:
code:
GD Release 	12.3(23)
LD Release 	12.4(16)
ED Release 	12.3(14)T7  12.3(11)YZ1  12.3(4)XD4  12.2(15)T9  12.2(11)YT2
12.3(23) IP Plus looks to be 32F/96D, image name is c3640-is-mz.123-23.bin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Analog LED
Oct 23, 2003

Light Emitting Diode

TheCaptain posted:

Cisco's site is down!

Can someone verify if it's just on my end? I really need to get my hands on some of those sweet docs.

words.

Analog LED fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Aug 13, 2007

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

jwh posted:

Should work I think, is the WIC known good?

What's 'sh inventory raw' say about the WIC?

Yeah it's known good. I'll have to get back to you on that - I borked the IOS by loading an unstable one without having a backup IOS left on flash.

Girdle Wax posted:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps214/products_tech_note09186a00800ae37f.shtml

Latest GD/LD/ED loads from FN:
code:
GD Release 	12.3(23)
LD Release 	12.4(16)
ED Release 	12.3(14)T7  12.3(11)YZ1  12.3(4)XD4  12.2(15)T9  12.2(11)YT2
12.3(23) IP Plus looks to be 32F/96D, image name is c3640-is-mz.123-23.bin

I'm 8mb short on flash. I tried loading an ED and that's what put me in my current situation.

CrazyLittle fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Aug 10, 2007

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

Paul Boz_ posted:

Oh well, I Thought the 2500 was more modular than that, but I've really only worked with 2600's+. I don't want to spend $300 on a properly equipped 2600 though :/

I ended up going to Weird Stuff and I found their stack of 2500's.

It looks like some models have 3 slots, some with CSU/DSU cards in them, but I don't know they're the same as the WIC slots you'd find on a newer router. They also had a Cat 5000 (with a 10/100 module!), if anyone needs CatOS practice.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco

Analog LED posted:

Words.

Do you really think you should be talking about this?

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

Tremblay posted:

Do you really think you should be talking about this?

Nothing he said there hasn't already been said on NANOG/C-NSP/Cisco Blog...

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

Girdle Wax posted:

Nothing he said there hasn't already been said on NANOG/C-NSP/Cisco Blog...

Fair enough, some higher ups get tweaked over stupid poo poo. Thats all.

Noghri_ViR
Oct 19, 2001

Your party has died.
Please press [ENTER] to continue to the
Las Vegas Bowl
What are some good cisco blogs to check out?

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

jwh posted:

What's 'sh inventory raw' say about the WIC?

Huh. There's definitely something weird going on here. The NM isn't starting up properly.

code:
NAME: "3640 chassis", DESCR: "3640 chassis, Hw Serial#: 19737148, Hw Revision: 0x00"
PID:                   , VID: 0x00, SN: 19737148

NAME: "", DESCR: "3640 Chassis Slot"
PID:                   , VID:    , SN:

NAME: "", DESCR: "FastEthernet/WAN"

NAME: "", DESCR: "3640 DaughterCard Slot"

NAME: "FastEthernet0/0", DESCR: "AmdFE"

NAME: "", DESCR: "3640 DaughterCard Slot"

NAME: "FastEthernet0/1", DESCR: "AmdFE"

code:
Router#show diag
Slot 0:
        NM-2FE2W Port adapter, 2 ports
        Port adapter is disabled
        Port adapter insertion time unknown
        EEPROM contents at hardware discovery:
        Hardware Revision        : 1.0
        Top Assy. Part Number    : 800-04797-01
        Board Revision           : E0
        Deviation Number         : 0-6158
        Fab Version              : 04
        PCB Serial Number        : JAB042305V6
        RMA Test History         : 00
        RMA Number               : 0-0-0-0
        RMA History              : 00
        Product (FRU) Number     : NM-2FE2W=
        EEPROM format version 4
        EEPROM contents (hex):
code:
Router#show version
Cisco Internetwork Operating System Software
IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3640-I-M), Version 12.3(23), RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc5)
Technical Support: http://www.cisco.com/techsupport
Copyright (c) 1986-2007 by cisco Systems, Inc.
Compiled Tue 24-Jul-07 17:15 by stshen
Image text-base: 0x60008B00, data-base: 0x60D4B270

ROM: System Bootstrap, Version 11.1(20)AA2, EARLY DEPLOYMENT RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

Router uptime is 9 minutes
System returned to ROM by reload
System image file is "flash:c3640-i-mz.123-23.bin"

cisco 3640 (R4700) processor (revision 0x00) with 93184K/5120K bytes of memory.
Processor board ID 19737148
R4700 CPU at 100MHz, Implementation 33, Rev 1.0
Bridging software.
X.25 software, Version 3.0.0.
DRAM configuration is 64 bits wide with parity disabled.
125K bytes of non-volatile configuration memory.
24576K bytes of processor board System flash (Read/Write)
20480K bytes of processor board PCMCIA Slot0 flash (Read/Write)

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

Girdle Wax posted:

The software advisor won't build a 3640 + NM-2FE2W + WIC-1ADSL. It could just be the software advisor isn't up to date.

delslo
Sep 20, 2003

I have 2 questions relating to my ASA5505 that I had posted earlier about getting.

1) Comcast gives me a DHCP public IP, they said they won't offer static to home users. Is there a way/trick/whatever to get port forwarding to work with a dynamic IP on the outside interface? I already have a dyndns.org hostname pointing to the correct IP (updating using the windows client). The guy who was helping me had no clue how to do it because he couldn't just plug the outside IP in. For two examples, I'd like to forward:
Port 3389 to 10.0.1.99
Port 22 to 10.0.1.22

2) I set up VPN using the wizard, installed the OS X client on my Macbook Pro, everything works GREAT. Split tunneling is very nice, 3DES is also nice, the whole thing connects very quickly and access to internal resources is nice and snappy. However, at one of my clients, I'm behind a Pix 515 firewall that has PPTP passthrough enabled and is the endpoint for a handful of site-to-site VPN connections. The issue is this: I can connect to my home VPN from behind the Pix, but I cannot access any resources (ping/RDC/shares/etc.). Any idea where the issue is or what needs to be fixed?

Thanks!

edit: I'd post my running config, but thanks to #2, I can't access the config from here.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

delslo posted:

I have 2 questions relating to my ASA5505 that I had posted earlier about getting.

1) Comcast gives me a DHCP public IP, they said they won't offer static to home users. Is there a way/trick/whatever to get port forwarding to work with a dynamic IP on the outside interface? I already have a dyndns.org hostname pointing to the correct IP (updating using the windows client). The guy who was helping me had no clue how to do it because he couldn't just plug the outside IP in. For two examples, I'd like to forward:
Port 3389 to 10.0.1.99
Port 22 to 10.0.1.22

2) I set up VPN using the wizard, installed the OS X client on my Macbook Pro, everything works GREAT. Split tunneling is very nice, 3DES is also nice, the whole thing connects very quickly and access to internal resources is nice and snappy. However, at one of my clients, I'm behind a Pix 515 firewall that has PPTP passthrough enabled and is the endpoint for a handful of site-to-site VPN connections. The issue is this: I can connect to my home VPN from behind the Pix, but I cannot access any resources (ping/RDC/shares/etc.). Any idea where the issue is or what needs to be fixed?

Thanks!

edit: I'd post my running config, but thanks to #2, I can't access the config from here.

The cisco VPN is not using PPTP, it's using IPSec/L2TP so there's a couple of things to check:
Do you have NAT traversal turned on on _your_ VPN config on the ASA? (Labelled NAT-T I believe in ASDM).
Is the PIX blocking AH or ESP protocols?

dwarftosser
Sep 3, 2002

PLEASE LET ME SUCK YOUR COCK, BRETT!

delslo posted:

Port 3389 to 10.0.1.99
Port 22 to 10.0.1.22

Thanks!

1) Forward from the interface, like so:
code:
static (inside,outside) tcp interface 3389 10.0.1.99 3389 netmask 255.255.255.255
2) This is a nat traversal issue. Add this command to both the PIX and ASA.
code:
crypto isakmp nat-traversal  20

delslo
Sep 20, 2003

Girdle Wax posted:

The cisco VPN is not using PPTP, it's using IPSec/L2TP so there's a couple of things to check:
Do you have NAT traversal turned on on _your_ VPN config on the ASA? (Labelled NAT-T I believe in ASDM).
Is the PIX blocking AH or ESP protocols?
I should have clarified, the Pix 515 I'm behind is set up for PPTP Passthrough to a Windows server running Routing and Remote Access. I know, I know, but that's how it's set up.

The ASA is set up to allow NAT traversal.

Thanks guys, I'm going to take a look at the Pix first, if I can get to the ASA from here, I'll make the changes to that as well, if not, I'll have to wait till I get home.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Not exactly a Cisco item, but ouch:

08/13/2007,13:35:39 [RoBo ][PROG][PROGRESS/STATUS MESSAGE FROM AT&T]
There are 128 Core T3??s failed of which 100 are restored in Palm Springs, CA (LSANCA03 PHNXAZMA). The AT&T T3 Group has isolated this to a fiber cut in Palm Springs, CA. There is no ETTR available at this time.

That has to be a bad day for somebody.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

jwh posted:

There is no ETTR available at this time.

That's what really hurts right there.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

delslo posted:

I should have clarified, the Pix 515 I'm behind is set up for PPTP Passthrough to a Windows server running Routing and Remote Access. I know, I know, but that's how it's set up.

The ASA is set up to allow NAT traversal.

Thanks guys, I'm going to take a look at the Pix first, if I can get to the ASA from here, I'll make the changes to that as well, if not, I'll have to wait till I get home.

There is a bug that was fixed in ASA code. Basically PPTP + PAT == no no in 7.x code. It does work in 6.x but it turned the nat tables into spaghetti. What version of code is on the PIX and what is the ASA running?

TheRouterNinja
Dec 15, 2002

c:>ssh -l root www.cia.gov
password: ******
CORE#
CORE#debug all
*** System received a Software forced crash ***

inignot posted:

Really...that's the day I was in RTP taking the test. If you were in RTP on the same day I was, I assure you I wasn't the doughy Russian guy that was freaking out & bugging the proctor every 10 minutes.

Hell, a lot of the people that give you the number aren't even certified. I've caught a couple resumes with expired numbers.

So which study vendor did you use? I'm using Net Master (hence the 'what would Bruce Caslow do?' avatar that I'm sure is lost on everyone) & Internetwork Expert.

Hey! I was the guy that was talking to the doughy Russian guy in the beginning about the time I spent in Iraq....small world huh? Yeah, I was getting a little irritated on hearing him argue with the proctor about how something was supposed to work.

At any rate, I went through the IPExpert, and the Internetwork workbooks...but it wasn't until I passed one of the Netmaster mock labs that I truly felt ready again. Sadly this was attempt #5 for me...but that was due to a lot of factors...mainly study habits, and time between lab attempts.

I hope you did well on that day as well!

TheRouterNinja
Dec 15, 2002

CORE#
CORE#debug all

CrazyLittle posted:

What's the length of qualification for a CCIE?

*edit* found it -two years-... Somehow it doesn't seem worthwhile unless your job is 100% cisco.

The average CCIE makes 116K, that's enough to make most convert to the dark side =)
http://tcpmag.com/salarysurveys/2007/charts/chart8.aspx

Also, I've never met a CCIE that had only two years of experience, although I have met guys that have taken two years off to study for it. I agree with you though... you shouldn't go for this cert unless you live and breathe Cisco. This is not a paper cert by any stretch of imagination.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

The small office I work for is replacing their WRT54G with a Cisco 1811W. It's fallen to me to help out after I finished the stuff I was working on. I'm using the web app to configure it, but I'm unable to get a basic NAT box up and running properly. I managed to configure one interface as the upstream link to the ISP, configured as a DHCP client. I can ping the outside world from the router. Any clients connected to the switch interfaces get configured properly from the DHCP server on the router. I can ping through the router to the uplink interface, but I'm unable to get any further than that. It says the firewall is off, do I need to turn it on and apply "allow any" rules or something? Is there some small, but vital detail I'm missing? I'd just like to get it up and running the way DD-WRT was before and handle the other features later.

Is there a basic guide for using these things geared towards people who know networking, but don't have a lot of Cisco experience anywhere on the net?

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.
Does anybody know of any (free, preferably) software that makes a cisco config a little more presentable or easier for the not-cisco-intiated to read?

I'm in the middle of doing the paperwork side of a security audit, and part of what the client wants is their firewall/router configs examined, any weaknesses identified, etc, etc. This means it has to go in the audit document. This means my awesome document now looks crap.

Anybody know of anything at all?

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

Smegmatron posted:

Does anybody know of any (free, preferably) software that makes a cisco config a little more presentable or easier for the not-cisco-intiated to read?

I'm in the middle of doing the paperwork side of a security audit, and part of what the client wants is their firewall/router configs examined, any weaknesses identified, etc, etc. This means it has to go in the audit document. This means my awesome document now looks crap.

Anybody know of anything at all?

Uh? If the customer wants their config audited, and they can't read a config, they probably aren't going to know what to do with your results.

Just do what most security auditors do, run nmap, then wave around the results & blather loudly and dramaticly about some random port having a "hash checksum injection" vulnerability that is "serious business".

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
off topic but:

quote:

c:>ssh -l root https://www.cia.gov
CORE#
CORE#debug all

That is loving hilarious.

Also why does the Debug All command even exist? It crashes all routers/switches immediately. I see no reason to use it ever.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002

sund posted:

The small office I work for is replacing their WRT54G with a Cisco 1811W. It's fallen to me to help out after I finished the stuff I was working on. I'm using the web app to configure it, but I'm unable to get a basic NAT box up and running properly. I managed to configure one interface as the upstream link to the ISP, configured as a DHCP client. I can ping the outside world from the router. Any clients connected to the switch interfaces get configured properly from the DHCP server on the router. I can ping through the router to the uplink interface, but I'm unable to get any further than that. It says the firewall is off, do I need to turn it on and apply "allow any" rules or something? Is there some small, but vital detail I'm missing? I'd just like to get it up and running the way DD-WRT was before and handle the other features later.

Is there a basic guide for using these things geared towards people who know networking, but don't have a lot of Cisco experience anywhere on the net?

This is for SDM 2.3, but 2.4 is basically the same:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps5318/products_user_guide_chapter09186a008065604a.html

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

CrazyLittle posted:

Huh. There's definitely something weird going on here. The NM isn't starting up properly.

Figured it out: bad RAM :argh:

Paul Boz_
Dec 21, 2003

Sin City

Ninja Rope posted:

I ended up going to Weird Stuff and I found their stack of 2500's.

It looks like some models have 3 slots, some with CSU/DSU cards in them, but I don't know they're the same as the WIC slots you'd find on a newer router. They also had a Cat 5000 (with a 10/100 module!), if anyone needs CatOS practice.

Dude could I paypal you the money for a 2500 with wic slot? That is, if that place isn't too far out of the way.

jwh posted:

Not exactly a Cisco item, but ouch:

08/13/2007,13:35:39 [RoBo ][PROG][PROGRESS/STATUS MESSAGE FROM AT&T]
There are 128 Core T3??s failed of which 100 are restored in Palm Springs, CA (LSANCA03 PHNXAZMA). The AT&T T3 Group has isolated this to a fiber cut in Palm Springs, CA. There is no ETTR available at this time.

That has to be a bad day for somebody.

Somebody backho'd both rings of one of my OC48's last week. It was a nightmare.

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

Paul Boz_ posted:

Dude could I paypal you the money for a 2500 with wic slot? That is, if that place isn't too far out of the way.

Sure, it's right down the street from where I work. Normally you can order stuff directly from their website (https://www.weirdstuff.com), but they don't have much of their Cisco gear on there. I'm not sure what that means, but they sure do have a bunch in stock. The ones with the WIC slots/CSU+DSU cards are $30 each. AIM's in my profile.

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

inignot posted:

Uh? If the customer wants their config audited, and they can't read a config, they probably aren't going to know what to do with your results.

Just do what most security auditors do, run nmap, then wave around the results & blather loudly and dramaticly about some random port having a "hash checksum injection" vulnerability that is "serious business".

They're a weird mob (lawyers) and they like pretty things and whatnot in presentations, but the nmap plan was already put into action ages ago. Nessus, too, purely because of aforementioned pretty output.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Paul Boz_ posted:

They're not regular WICs, you know that, right?

Ninja Rope
Oct 22, 2005

Wee.

jwh posted:

They're not regular WICs, you know that, right?

Yeah, like I said, they don't seem to be the same as normal WICs. Make sure whatever you want to put into them works, don't assume any old FE WIC will work.

Edit:

Per Cisco, apparently it supports the following "WAN interface options":
    * 2-wire switched 56-kbps DSU/CSU (RJ-11)
    * 4-wire 56/64-DSU/CSU (RJ-48S)
    * Fractional T1/T1 DSU/CSU (RJ-48C)
    * Five-in-one synchronous serial (DB-60)
    * ISDN BRI (RJ-45)
    * ISDN BRI with integrated NT1 (RJ-45)
See here. They're 2524's.

Ninja Rope fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Aug 17, 2007

snadsnad
Dec 31, 2002
I have a question about configuring a 1231G AP, multiple SSIDs, and Active Directory authentication.

Basically I want the 1231G to advertise two SSIDs, this appears to be the easy part. One SSID will be the guest SSID with the following ACL applied to it:

code:
ip access-list extended guest
 permit udp any host xxx eq bootps
 permit udp any host xxx eq bootpc
 permit udp any host xxx eq domain
 permit tcp any host xxx
 permit tcp any host xxx eq www
 permit tcp any host xxx eq 443
 permit tcp any host xxx eq www
 permit tcp any host xxx eq 443
 deny   ip any 10.0.0.0 0.255.255.255 log-input
 deny   ip any 172.16.0.0 0.15.255.255 log-input
 deny   ip any 192.168.0.0 0.0.255.255 log-input
 permit ip any any
As you can tell this only allows the user enough access for DHCP, DNS, and HTTP(S) browsing. For this guest network I'd still like them to have to enter in a WPA password of some sort, or possibly have it direct them to a webpage where they log in with a temp AD account we've created ahead of time.

The second SSID would be for actual employees to use and should automatically accept or reject their connection based on their current logged-in Windows credentials. The biggest thing I'm concerned about is deploying these APs without having to configure EAP individually on each PC or deal with certificates manually. I just want it so if the user's AD account is in some sort of "WiFi" group then it will allow them access.

Right now we authenticate logins to our Cisco device through ACS 3.3 based on our AD logins, so it sounds like I will be using this to authenticate the end users with AD.

I guess if someone can at least point me in the direction of a guide or at least give me some keywords or technologies I need to look at that would help. However if someone wants to actually help with the config I'm not going to stop you.

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
Look into 802.1x to authenticate wireless users; it can use radius, which can in turn use AD.

TheRouterNinja
Dec 15, 2002

CORE#
CORE#debug all

Powercrazy posted:

off topic but:

That is loving hilarious.

Also why does the Debug All command even exist? It crashes all routers/switches immediately. I see no reason to use it ever.

Probably one of those boobytraps that Cisco likes to setup. I always wondered why switches were pre-configured as vtp server mode instead of transparent. Seems to cause 80% of the outages in any large-scale deployment.

TheRouterNinja
Dec 15, 2002

CORE#
CORE#debug all

inignot posted:

Look into 802.1x to authenticate wireless users; it can use radius, which can in turn use AD.

This, plus on the Microsoft side, you'll need to install IAS(Internet Authentication Services) on the AD box. Do a google search for IAS and dot1x, and you should have it made....ah heck i'm feeling nice. Here ya go:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0f7fa9a2-e113-415b-b2a9-b6a3d64c48f5&DisplayLang=en

snadsnad
Dec 31, 2002

TheRouterNinja posted:

This, plus on the Microsoft side, you'll need to install IAS(Internet Authentication Services) on the AD box. Do a google search for IAS and dot1x, and you should have it made....ah heck i'm feeling nice. Here ya go:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0f7fa9a2-e113-415b-b2a9-b6a3d64c48f5&DisplayLang=en

Thanks for this, should help me get a better idea of the big picture as to how everything is supposed to tie together. In the meantime I'm trying to rollout 2 SSIDs on the AP, both with WPA. The problem I've encountered is that I cannot get an IP via our domain DHCP server at all, I'm sure I'm missing an obvious setting but I've tried dhcp smart-relay and all sorts of other helper addresses. Here is the config:

code:
Current configuration : 3158 bytes
!
version 12.3
no service pad
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
service password-encryption
!
hostname ADS-IT-WiFi

!
ip subnet-zero
!
!
ip name-server 192.168.1.7
no aaa new-model
dot11 mbssid
!
dot11 ssid ADS-Guest-WiFi
   vlan 10
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa
   mbssid guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 
!
dot11 ssid ADS-IT-WiFi
   vlan 20
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa
   mbssid guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 
!
!
!
username Cisco password 7 062506324F41
!
bridge irb
!
!
interface Dot11Radio0
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 !
 encryption vlan 20 mode ciphers aes-ccm tkip
 !
 encryption vlan 10 mode ciphers aes-ccm tkip
 !
 ssid ADS-Guest-WiFi
 !
 ssid ADS-IT-WiFi
 !
 speed basic-1.0 basic-2.0 basic-5.5 6.0 9.0 basic-11.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0
 station-role root
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 1 source-learning
 no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
!
interface Dot11Radio0.10
 encapsulation dot1Q 10

no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 10
 bridge-group 10 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 10 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 10 source-learning
 no bridge-group 10 unicast-flooding
 bridge-group 10 spanning-disabled
!
interface Dot11Radio0.20
 encapsulation dot1Q 20
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 20
 bridge-group 20 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 20 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 20 source-learning
 no bridge-group 20 unicast-flooding
 bridge-group 20 spanning-disabled
!
interface FastEthernet0
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 bridge-group 1
 hold-queue 160 in
!
interface FastEthernet0.10
 encapsulation dot1Q 10
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 10
 no bridge-group 10 source-learning
 bridge-group 10 spanning-disabled
!
interface FastEthernet0.20
 encapsulation dot1Q 20
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 20
 no bridge-group 20 source-learning
 bridge-group 20 spanning-disabled
!
interface BVI1
 ip address dhcp client-id FastEthernet0
 no ip route-cache
!

ip http server
no ip http secure-server
ip http help-path [url]http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag[/url]
!

snmp-server community ADS RO
!
control-plane
!
bridge 1 route ip
!
!
!
line con 0
line vty 0 4
 login local
!
end

Arkady
Jun 18, 2004

Off to work!
Does anyone know of a way to make a 2950/60 switch or a 1800 series router to strip the 802.1p tagging?
I have a device on my network that drops all data that is tagged with QoS (802.1p). That's not good. Now I need to find a way to completely strip that tag. Like a reverse "switchport priority default".
So far I have found ways to add such a tag or to change it, but not ways to remove it. It would be swell if someone could help me figure it out.

Edit: The image is standard, not enhanced.

Arkady fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 23, 2007

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

snadsnad posted:

Thanks for this, should help me get a better idea of the big picture as to how everything is supposed to tie together. In the meantime I'm trying to rollout 2 SSIDs on the AP, both with WPA. The problem I've encountered is that I cannot get an IP via our domain DHCP server at all, I'm sure I'm missing an obvious setting but I've tried dhcp smart-relay and all sorts of other helper addresses. Here is the config:

code:
interface FastEthernet0
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 bridge-group 1
 hold-queue 160 in
!
interface BVI1
 ip address dhcp client-id FastEthernet0
 no ip route-cache
!

Remember you're creating a trunk on the ethernet port. What vlan on the switch gets you to your dhcp server? You may either have to set that as the native vlan on the switch side of the trunk; or create a new subinterface on the AP for that vlan. Compare a 'show int trunk' on both sides.

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

I got my dual homed 1811W up and running with a basic NAT configuration. It turns out that router configuration doesn't matter if the person responsible for paying the ISP isn't doing their job. Oh, and the ISP doesn't completely shut off the pipe, but allows DHCP packets to trickle through, throwing off debugging. Anyways, the hosts on the LAN can now access the internet, but are being offered 4 DNS servers, 2 from each ISP. Each ISP will only answer name lookup requests from their own network. What's the best way to handle this? Static routes directing DNS traffic to the right interface? Should I be using DNS spoofing?

edit: I'm an idiot, static routing is the key.

yippee cahier fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 23, 2007

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

sund posted:

Each ISP will only answer name lookup requests from their own network. What's the best way to handle this? Static routes directing DNS traffic to the right interface? Should I be using DNS spoofing?

Are you trying to answer specific name results at the ISP? Why would you need that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

Arkady posted:

Does anyone know of a way to make a 2950/60 switch or a 1800 series router to strip the 802.1p tagging?
I have a device on my network that drops all data that is tagged with QoS (802.1p). That's not good. Now I need to find a way to completely strip that tag. Like a reverse "switchport priority default".
So far I have found ways to add such a tag or to change it, but not ways to remove it. It would be swell if someone could help me figure it out.

Edit: The image is standard, not enhanced.

From the 2950 QoS FAQ.

quote:

Q. Can I override the incoming class of service (CoS) to a specific CoS value?

A. Yes, you can override the CoS. Issue the mls qos cos {default-cos | override} command. The command overrides the previously configured trust state of the incoming packets and applies the default port CoS value to all incoming packets. Cisco IOS Software Release 12.1 and later support this command.
The way I'm reading that, you need to issue 2 commands:
code:
mls qos cos 0
mls qos cos override
Why do you feel dot1p tagging is bad though?